• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

What would you all think of a Mass Effect game for Vita? what are the chances EA/Bioware will make one for the Vita? I think it would be cool if it was based on a side story of Mass Effect, like play as Thane during his hitman days or something.

If we got a Mass Effect game, it'd just be a port of that recentish iOS game. :(

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
With the Twisted Metal sale, it'd be nice if they made Twisted Metal: Head on compatible with Vita in both US and EU. Won't happen, though. :(

it is a shame that the awful Twisted Metal PS3 killed the series forever (same thing with Dylan Jobe killing Warhawk IP with the shitty Starhawk and its unnecessary RTS crap).

anyway,not only Twisted Metal Head-On but there are many good PSP games that are not available on the PS store yet,and it seems that Sony(and other publishers) don't care.. it's really sad.

FiRez

So... I only played NG1 on the OG Xbox and after spending a considerable time with NGS+ it seems that the game runs at a lower framerate (like 30fps), the blur effect is also a bit exaggerated. :/

Vashetti

Banned
What would you all think of a Mass Effect game for Vita? what are the chances EA/Bioware will make one for the Vita? I think it would be cool if it was based on a side story of Mass Effect, like play as Thane during his hitman days or something.

I think this could be really great.

I doubt it will happen though. Too costly for little return.

wilflare

it is a shame that the awful Twisted Metal PS3 killed the series forever (same thing with Dylan Jobe killing Warhawk IP with the shitty Starhawk and its unnecessary RTS crap).

anyway,not only Twisted Metal Head-On but there are many good PSP games that are not available on the PS store yet,and it seems that Sony(and other publishers) don't care.. it's really sad.

like Crisis Core :(

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

twisted metal PS3 was my most played demo... i thought it was amazing...never did end up buying the game though. im guessing the online just didnt hold up?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So... I only played NG1 on the OG Xbox and after spending a considerable time with NGS+ it seems that the game runs at a lower framerate (like 30fps), the blur effect is also a bit exaggerated. :/

Black on the Original Xbox and Sigma 2 on PS3 are the only way to go anyway.

twisted metal PS3 was my most played demo... i thought it was amazing...never did end up buying the game though. im guessing the online just didnt hold up?

Online was an unbalanced mess and the SP was a total boring crap.

Twisted Metal played great, but it lacked features and felt unfinished. Yeah, I can't see Sony revisiting it anytime soon even if Jaffe said he would be up for making another one. :/

Starhawk, however, was fucking awesome. :p

I want Fat Princess PSP Vita compatible. And the Crazy Taxi PSP game. I can't see any PSP games becoming Vita compatible unless they're newly released/added to the store, though. :(

The online had problems at launch. I didn't have any problems after a while, it just took fucking ages to get into a game due to low playerbase rather than connection issues. There was no (proper) matchmaking and you couldn't join ranked games in progress, so I found myself waiting about 40 minutes to get into a game.

It was still fun as hell when I could play, though.

Munkyspace

Twisted Metal played great, but it lacked features and felt unfinished. Yeah, I can't see Sony revisiting it anytime soon even if Jaffe said he would be up for making another one. :/

I want Fat Princess PSP Vita compatible. And the Crazy Taxi PSP game. I can't see any PSP games becoming Vita compatible unless they're newly released/added to the store, though. :(

I've been wishing for a Fat Princess Vita for almost a year now. Oh, how happy those times would be.

Have they done anything, or any word on a current project, since Escape Plan?

Ah, Head On. That could be considered the first handheld game with online multiplayer, right?

Memories.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Starhawk was a complete betrayal to Warhawk fans and the series itself, Warhawk fans wanted a bigger and more modern sequel to the game they loved on PS3, but sadly Dylan Jobe ignored all that, hell they even ignore all the beta complains, the end result was a huge failure. what a waste.

I want Fat Princess PSP Vita compatible.

PS3 version was a horrible game,and the online died in no time, I can't even believe Sony wanted a port on PSP..I just don't get it.

Eh, I never played Warhawk (didn't own a PS3 when it came out) but I loved Starhawk. You can basically pilot Transformers.

Fat Princess was fun. I only ever really played locally on PS3 anyway. I was hoping there'd be a new Fat Princess game (preferably on Vita) since she was included in PS All-Stars... but then again, they also put Sir Dan in the game and I doubt there will ever be a new MediEvil.

Eh, I never played Warhawk (didn't own a PS3 when it came out) but I loved Starhawk. You can basically pilot Transformers.

Fat Princess was fun. I only ever really played locally on PS3 anyway. I was hoping there'd be a new Fat Princess game (preferably on Vita) since she was included in PS All-Stars... but then again, they also put Sir Dan in the game and I doubt there will ever be a new MediEvil.

Warhawk, in my opinion, is so much better than Starhawk. I've never had such an intense, heart pounding multiplayer experience. Going from infantry to vehicle to turret to plane in a matter of seconds just made the game even better.

Anyone still play? How's the online community these days?

This is a blatant lie, I still play regularly and get into full 32-player games easily.

Of course it's a blatant lie. It's a Totobeni post.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Any word of any Vita/PSP/PSOne sales on the US store today? I'm itching to spend some PSN credit.

heres some stuff...

Vita specific:

Alien Breed is discounted for plus...

Rocket Bird comes out.

Chimpact comes to PS Mobile.....

also i think Kat DLC for PSALBR - (free)

take note: Germinator is coming to Vita in the next few weeks/months

link

dont forget last day of FF sale i believe - get after it R#5

namDa65

Twisted metal ps3 is amazing. What u on. The game refined and modernized twisted metal, although the netcode and launch issues are unforgivable. The game is the best twisted metal to date.

I wish more psp games were on the psstore.

btkadams

Twisted metal ps3 is amazing. What u on. The game refined and modernized twisted metal, although the netcode and launch issues are unforgivable. The game is the best twisted metal to date.

yeah i really enjoyed twisted metal ps3.

where the hell is motorstorm psp on the ps store? sigh.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Gamespot just posted that vita dev kit patent non news...

Well we even got a thread for it in gaf, so it's just normal to see an article from IGN about it.

Is that what that thread this morning was about? A dev kit? Lol, I thought that is what that was.

Yes. even when it was posted in this thread first (hours before Shinobi thread) it got shot down with photos of the devs kit(I mean the it's pictures of the dev kit with even the LED light bulbs‎ the dev use).

Black is the best imho.

PS3 TM got inferior SP,inferior maps,just less fun overall.

yeah i really enjoyed twisted metal ps3.

where the hell is motorstorm psp on the ps store? sigh.

MotorStorm: Arctic Edge is available in UK PS store. (same with Syphon Filter)

in MotorStorm and SF situation, I'm not sure really what the hell is going on, it's clearly not because PSP emulator,since you know.. the hacker and CFW users can install and play the games on Vita already so the games works. is it because of the save exploit in the US version of these games?

Ponn

Banned
I'd be all over XCOM.

I'd even be all over anything that played remotely like XCOM on Vita.

You and Lyphen...you two have your heads on right.

Seriously, Vita should be a SRPG machine. Sony just buy up the entire former Ensemble team, make them exclusive Vita developers.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
i think the real question is "is FFX HD still planned anymore"

Eh, I wouldnt worry about that. Compared to FFXIII Versus, FFXHD has just been announced yesterday :p They wont cancel these projects and know super well that the FFXHD remake will sell a shitton.

Yopis

Always dreamed of a spin off C-sec stories game.

Ran rp

I wonder if FFXHD would move more Vita units in Japan than whatever has sold the most so far. Maybe if it was exclusive and got a custom Vita.

Skyzard

Banned
[PSASBR]

No worries - it is 816mb though!

Kat and Emmett, minions, dlc stage

In EU the update is available but the characters aren't on the DLC store yet.

Going to update my PS3 version and download from the US store for a preview myself.

-speaking of EU, just downloaded Wakeup Club

Top Bottom