• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
PSY・S;47626755 said:
I wonder if FFXHD would move more Vita units in Japan than whatever has sold the most so far. Maybe if it was exclusive and got a custom Vita.

thing is Vita itself need to move first in japan (aka price drop,steady steam of games every month) or anything on it will end with 50k or something.

Im putting one of my cats to sleep tomorrow, want to joke about that too?

not joking about the putting to sleep part:(

Sorry about your cat.

OMGFFFJSIFJJDHDE

KATSUS CHRIST ON PSABR DJSBUDHD

8h3Y6Bo_zpsb8d2c608.gif

Skyzard

Banned
Sorry about your cat too Ponn01.

In case anyone missed it in the previous page - Wakeup Club available for EU now (106mb - not sure if this actually old news but new to me).

PSASBR update out EU and US (at least) but you can't unlock everything yet ....here in the EU anyway..

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Are there any new trophies for beating PSASBR with Kat or Emmett

so flat..on both sides ( Use Kat for the first time) Gold
RTS in my Warhawk?WTF ( Activate a Level 3 Super with Emmett ) Silver.
Feel of the Bomba (use Kat in Emmett in a tag team) Silver

Cha

Sorry about your cat too Ponn01.

In case anyone missed it in the previous page - Wakeup Club available for EU now (106mb - not sure if this actually old news but new to me).

PSASBR update out EU and US (at least) but you can't unlock everything yet ....here in the EU anyway..

Yep, Wake-up club has been out in EU for a week now I think (I've had it for a week anyway).
Can't wait for Kat tomorrow!! Really hope i can connect to a match too :)

so flat..on both sides ( Use Kat for the first time) Gold
Gotta admit, this one had me going.
Until I realized that Phi isn't in this game. :p

namDa65

Black is the best imho.

PS3 TM got inferior SP,inferior maps,just less fun overall.

I got black with twisted metal ps3 at launch and the game has aged terribly.

TM 2012 has the best maps.

If you really were a twisted metal fan, you would know TM 2012 is not inferior...

back to vita discussion, playing FF VIII for the first time ever. Only FF i've played are 13 and 13-2 LOL

Im putting one of my cats to sleep tomorrow, want to joke about that too?

not joking about the putting to sleep part:(
WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO PUT IT TO SLEEP, IT CAN FALL ASLEEP BY ITSELF

I'm really sorry ): At least it won't be in any pain anymore, or won't ever be in pain.

OMGFFFJSIFJJDHDE

KATSUS CHRIST ON PSABR DJSBUDHD
We should play later!

Well Hikage isn't the type who jokes around much, so... :)
man maybe hikage shouldn't be my favorite ;_;

I did say three more days...

Three days ago! =P
UmpOi.gif

were you banned or something

What else and I assume the DL is mandatory?
I don't know everything, but I know they added a whole bunch of minions(mostly DLC, but two for free in the game that you need to unlock), they made the rivalry stage playable via stage select, cutscenes(with the two characters), new icons + backgrounds, and probably some fixes. And yeah, I think it might be mandatory to play online. Not too sure yet, though.

The PS3 patch is smaller, so maybe there's some sort of compression issue on Vita or they fixed the online on that or something?

that is depressing

I'd say get Final Fantasy VI it's the best in the series.

If by best you mean overrated, sure. ;)
Is it a good game? Yeah, I guess.
But it's not even the best SNES FF game, let alone best in the series.
Then consider the PSOne port and nobody should be playing that game on Sony hardware. :lol

Famassu

If by best you mean overrated, sure. ;)
Is it a good game? Yeah, I guess.
Then consider the PSOne port and nobody should be playing that game on Sony hardware. :lol
I hope you're not implying FFIV is better than VI, because IV is shit in comparison (that's not even arguable). FFVI is a masterpiece that still holds up quite well, IV is far from that with its utterly ridiculous & shitty story, boring overworld and basic combat. V has Jobs, which VI sorely lacks, but otherwise it's nowhere near VI's quality.

The only thing you are right about is that the PS ports leave a lot to be desired.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I hope you're not implying FFIV is better than VI, because IV is shit in comparison (that's not even arguable). FFVI is a masterpiece that still holds up quite well, IV is far from that with its utterly ridiculous & shitty story, boring overworld and basic combat. V has Jobs, which VI sorely lacks, but otherwise it's nowhere near VI's quality.

The only thing you are right about is that the PS ports leave a lot to be desired.

Famassu agree with me on something.....

Who are you and what did you do with Famassu's corpse?

Eh, if you want to play it on a handheld, the PSOne version is still the best official release. The music makes the GBA version intolerable.

Mokubba

So....is FF X HD still planed for the Vita?

Rumor has it coming out this fall. Development only picked up after Kingdom Hearts 1.5 was done. I also heard there are some initial problems porting it to the Vita but nothing they can't overcome. The PS3 version is coming along nicely.

Wrong, at least from where I'm standing. And I wasn't implying anything. I was clearly stating that, as far as I'm concerned, FFIV is the best SNES era FF entry and maybe one of the best overall, period.

And if you think that missing jobs is a bad thing, you're also sorely mistaken. FFV is one of the worst entries in the series. I'd rather play Mystic Quest, especially with the brilliant translation Square got for FFV. You want jobs? Go play Final Fantasy tactics. I hope they never bring that mechanic back in a mainstream FF game again. Period.

FFIV kills FFVI on every possible front. The only thing I'll give FFVI over IV is Kefka and maybe the Opera, but I think the last time I played that far it didn't have the effect that it did when I played it back in 1993 or so. It was cool when I was 13 or so; I spent over 150 hours with it probably, my OCD screaming for me to make every character learn every spell... but the last time I played it? Extremely dated and boring. I'll play IV over it every time.

Eh, if you want to play it on a handheld, the PSOne version is still the best official release. The music makes the GBA version intolerable.

I'd take a hit on the music to get rid of the loading. It was bad in Chrono Trigger and I quit after I'd skipped enough fights because of the load times to be drastically underleveled for boss fights to the point where I stood no chance. But the random encounters in FFVI? I think I got to Edgar's castle before I quit playing.

Achtius

It's too late for me , but out of curiosity, which do you think is a better deal (both are 199.99+tax):

assassin creed vita bundle (vita, 4gb memeory card, AS3:L)
or
vita, 8 gb memory card and HSG

ZeroAKA

There really needs to be more retail titles between now and E3. Otherwise, I'll be forced to only play Soul Sacrifice on my Vita until September.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It's too late for me , but out of curiosity, which do you think is a better deal (both are 199.99+tax):

or

Black Vita > White Vita
8GB+HSG > 4GB+AC:L

so with vita, 8 gb memory card and HSG you get a better looking system,a better game and a bigger memory card.

Felt like playing Dynasty Warriors Next again. Within seconds of starting a game I was already being force to do touchscreen bullshit, and for some reason it was way tougher than I remember it being. D:

Achtius

Plus the white vita is better looking and hides fingerprints better.

I already opened mine like a week ago so it's too late to return my AC vita bundle. But I just noticed that costco have a better deal (overall). they also include the hard cover carrying case.

Vashetti

Banned
Rumor has it coming out this fall. Development only picked up after Kingdom Hearts 1.5 was done. I also heard there are some initial problems porting it to the Vita but nothing they can't overcome. The PS3 version is coming along nicely.

Assuming you're reliable:

What are they doing with it?

It seems to be taking too long for a simple upscale like other HD collections.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

or

the second one...bigger card. better game.

..wait are they both white?? - white is soo worth it.

zulux21

Pretty sure Square released a statement saying that it was just an HD port.

as far as i recall people assumed it was a remake and square clarified that it was mostly going to be an hd port.

as for why it's taking so long... it's simple... it's square.

Top Bottom