• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

have a $50 PSN card that's been burning a hole in my pocket for the past month.

should I wait and get the new metal gear, or should I get knytt underground and alien breed?

Sup, vitabros. Heard from a very reliable source that rayman legends and rainbow six patriots is heading towards the vita. :)

...How reliable?

I've had my doubts Rainbow Six Patriots will ever come to any console, let alone Vita. I'd love to have terrorist hunt on Vita, though!

Not badly, as I have way too many games to play and not nearly enough time to touch them. That's kinda why I haven't added the card to my account yet. I knew I'd be tempted to buy things that I most likely wouldn't touch.

If you like Metal Gear characters and Platinum Games action games, the answer is easy.

crinale

Awesometastic news. I wonder if the project actually turned any sort of profit or Yoshida is greenlighting a sequel just 'cuz.

I'm guessing it didn't turn out to be profitable (it was PS3 title originally, you know).
However, after getting some positive feedback (plus, awarded in many places in Japan), Yosp might have figured out that it'd become bad PR for Sony as a whole if they don't give a chance for a sequel.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I request gifs

http://i.imgur.com/BBQtKqc.gif
http://i.imgur.com/un2eFpm.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Gwbddvw.gif
(nsfw maybe)

https://twitter.com/K_Toyama/status/301737055057227776

Yesterday Toyama kinda implied there may be sequel for Gravity Rush.
Now it's pretty much confirmed (at least he's working on it or has plans to do so).

No word from the publisher yet so we must wait for official announcement, though.

hopefully for PS4.

Isn't Totobeni the only one really making that argument, though? I just put him on my ignore list. Too much negativity for my taste.

;_;

VanWinkle

Rocketbirds is great. Really getting into the groove of it now. I'm enjoying it a lot. Ridiculously awesome visuals, too. Almost Rayman Origins level (but 30fps).

ZeroAKA

Let's just not worry about what ethnicity Kat is. Otherwise, we'll have another one of those Uncharted/P3P/The Last Birthday situations in this thread.

Kyon

Banned
Let's just not worry about what ethnicity Kat is. Otherwise, we'll have another one of those Uncharted/P3P/The Last Birthday situations in this thread.

P3P was a SITUATION all right. A TRAVESTY a DISTURBANCE in LIFE. The BANE of EXISTENCE itself.

ugh Sonic Transformed on Roulette road time attack expert is ridiculous, i have tried so many times and still a full a hundredth a second off, which is quite a bit. Its time attack mode not time attack during the world tour, Anyone able to do it?

STG

hey guys, I recently bought ridge racer on vita (ultimate thingy with all the dlc)

so in the main menu, reiko nagase is laying in the background, does anyone have that image as a "clean" version? no filters, no menus etc.

can't find anything on the internets

For some reason, Pure Chess Vita is 3.59€ here. If anyone is interested (and if this wasn't already posted), you might want to check your PSN store.

Bought this and PS3 De Blob 2 for less than 10€.

For some reason, Pure Chess Vita is 3.59€ here. If anyone is interested (and if this wasn't already posted), you might want to check your PSN store.

Bought this and PS3 De Blob 2 for less than 10€.

Nice find. Looks like it's on sale until next Wednesday. PSN has been doing a few stealth sales recently...

£2.99 in UK. I may pick it up.

EDIT: I have £2.86 left on my account. FFFFFFFFFFF

Foshy

Got Persona 4 Golden 2 days ago and it's amazing. Already clocked in 9 hours and arrived at
the entrance of Kanji's Dungeon
. I feel the story hasn't even really picked up yet and I'm already enjoying it a lot.

It also made me realize that I might have a hidden appreciation for visual novels. I never played one, I guess I should look into Virtue's Last Reward some time. Should I play 999 beforehand if I do?

Sup, vitabros. Heard from a very reliable source that rayman legends and rainbow six patriots is heading towards the vita. :)
This sounds too good to be true. I hope you're right.

If the Rayman legends rumor is true:
Day one purchase!

Gravity Rush 2: Day one purchase

I just wish we would get a main stream WRPG. That would invigorate the sells here in the US at least

It also made me realize that I might have a hidden appreciation for visual novels. I never played one, I guess I should look into Virtue's Last Reward some time. Should I play 999 beforehand if I do?
I've seen countless people mention how playing 999 beforehand was essentially "nice". Having done both of them in the right order over the past weeks, I think it's essential to play both of them. Not because you might not understand VLR, you would, but because:
- playing 999 after VLR wouldn't be so nice considering how much VLR reveals on 999.
- with the inevitable third game coming, you'll want to eventually play 999.

999 is relatively cheap so if you have a DS or a 3DS, get it first. I hope you don't mind reading a lot.

edit: It took me an eternity to get into 999, I hated it. Don't expect a Layton-like game or a puzzler, it's mostly reading with some adventure parts.

Foshy

I've seen countless people mention how playing 999 beforehand was essentially "nice". Having done both of them in the right order over the past weeks, I think it's essential to play both of them. Not because you might not understand VLR, you would, but because:
- playing 999 after VLR wouldn't be so nice considering how much VLR reveals on 999.
- with the inevitable third game coming, you'll want to eventually play 999.

999 is relatively cheap so if you have a DS or a 3DS, get it first. I hope you don't mind reading a lot.
Alright, thanks. I'm not planning to play it right now, but when I'll get around to it I'll play 999 first in that case.

edit: It took me an eternity to get into 999, I hated it. Don't expect a Layton-like game or a puzzler, it's mostly reading with some adventure parts.
That's exactly what I'm looking for ;) There are dialogue choices though, right?

Alright, thanks. I'm not planning to play it right now, but when I'll get around to it I'll play 999 first in that case.

That's exactly what I'm looking for ;) There are dialogue choices though, right?
Not really. Well, not in the Mass Effect or Walking Dead sense of dialog choices.

There are story branches, they play a huge role in both games and the ending you get but they have more to do with what door you want to go through, with which character. It's not "should I save that dog?" or something.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
God, essence farming in chapter 10 is nearly a no go. Having to use Han's bar and I die most of the time due to the stupid RPG's and the Dragon Claw and Tiger Fang's UT not reaching the other soldiers.

...How reliable?

I've had my doubts Rainbow Six Patriots will ever come to any console, let alone Vita. I'd love to have terrorist hunt on Vita, though!
Very. I posted on the next assassins creed thread that you co op with a Scottish pirate but I'll put down some more details as so when ubi unveil the next game so you guys ( and even me) can match it up. The next game has you playing as haytham's father Edward alongside captain Kidd.

As someone who was in the exact same position as you and am now MADLY IN LOVE WITH BOTH 999 AND VLR I have to urge you...even if you dont want to track down and play 999 at least watch the True Ending on youtube. Trust me, it's long and slightly boring at times, but it's worth it.

Very. I posted on the next assassins creed thread that you co op with a Scottish pirate but I'll put down some more details as so when ubi unveil the next game so you guys ( and even me) can match it up. The next game has you playing as haytham's father Edward alongside captain Kidd.

Yes or no, is there a vita AC in the works as well?

Hanmik

wtf just happened ? I was browsing neogaf on my vita, and foolishly decided to check the playstation meeting thread. my vita locked up. had to hard reset it by holding the power button long enough. it restarted fine.but i was downloading wipeout 2048, it was at something like 1200mb out of the 1680mb. but now it was paused. i unpaused it and it started at fucking 66mb..? wtf.? and now my memory card has much less space left .. was more than 3.8gb before now it is below 1900mb.. how do i delete the broken download stuff? i need the space.

VanWinkle

iJuQK6va7zfER.jpg

iKhX7JKwl5R2D.jpg

ib1D00iU5fckWn.jpg

This game looks so good.

Top Bottom