• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

What's the consensus on Sonic All Star Racing Vita? I got some PSN credit as a late birthday gift and its burning a hole in my pocket.

Framerate isn't as solid as the PS3 version, but it's still a damn solid game. Best kart racer I've played in a long time.

Top of page! Buy Hot Shots Golf, damnit! I can't stress it enough!

anddo0

Just freed up some space by deleting Jet set radio (got it for free PS+). I wanted to like the game, it just didn't click with me. The controls and camera are a real pain. The game is supposed to be fun. I just couldn't get passed the inaccurate controls.

I think I'll pick up Rocketbirds next.

Famassu

Wrong, at least from where I'm standing. And I wasn't implying anything. I was clearly stating that, as far as I'm concerned, FFIV is the best SNES era FF entry and maybe one of the best overall, period.
Lolno. FFIV is one of the worst FFs. It's barely above the NES ones and way worse than anything that has come after it (excluding FFXIII).

And if you think that missing jobs is a bad thing, you're also sorely mistaken. FFV is one of the worst entries in the series.
WHATISTHISIDON'TEVEN.jpg

FFV is a great FF, much superior to IV in every way. Even the story is better because it doesn't have all the shit that brings IV down, even though it's also far from good.

FFIV kills FFVI on every possible front.
No it doesn't. The story is crap, simply put. There's absolutely NOTHING GOOD about the story. It's incredibly simple yet still horribly cliched and it has some incredibly stupid twists that ruin the whole thing. Kain is a cool character. That's about the only good storyrelated thing you can say.

The only thing I'll give FFVI over IV is Kefka and maybe the Opera, but I think the last time I played that far it didn't have the effect that it did when I played it back in 1993 or so. It was cool when I was 13 or so; I spent over 150 hours with it probably, my OCD screaming for me to make every character learn every spell... but the last time I played it?
The only thing in VI better than IV is EVERYTHING. The combat, the story, the characters (all of 'em are better than anyone in IV), the OST, the graphics, the world design... EVERYTHING.

Extremely dated and boring. I'll play IV over it every time.
WHATISTHISIDON'TEVEN.jpg #2

FFIV is far more dated & boring than VI. It's very basic (hardly any better than the simplistic NES games), yet it still screws up everything. Silly, embarrassing characters for the most part, simple & awful story, very simple battle system with nothing to set it apart from any other FFs, a boring world with boring locales, no or very few interesting NPCs, shitty villain (or "villain"). There's absolutely nothing in IV comparable to a lot of great moments in VI (the opening alone is better than any of the shit IV throws at you during the whole game).

Seems liked but personally I'd rather pick up a Vita game, Sonic's been ported to almost every system.

Understood, but I have little free time to play on a proper console these days. With work/school/baby, the Vita has been the only way to fit some gaming into my schedule. I just wanted to make sure it was a reasonably decent port.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Understood, but I have little free time to play on a proper console these days. With work/school/baby, the Vita has been the only way to fit some gaming into my schedule. I just wanted to make sure it was a reasonably decent port.
It's pretty much a perfect port, other than graphics. All the content is there, and the frame rate is definitely better than the PS3 version (not a solid 30 though - none of the console versions are).

Also: more art in the Toukiden thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512095

Copenap

Hey guys, as a new PS+ member, what do I ahve to download in order to make sure I have the game tied to my account when I don't want do download it right now? Is it enough to click on the download button in the psn store so I'm ask if I want to shopw that activity in my activity list and than immediatly abord all downloads or do I have to actually download a key of some sorts?

Edit. The games are now shown in my Download list, is that enough? I didn't download anything but canceled all downloads as soon as possible.

Hey guys, as a new PS+ member, what do I ahve to download in order to make sure I have the game tied to my account when I don't want do download it right now? Is it enough to click on the download button in the psn store so I'm ask if I want to shopw that activity in my activity list and than immediatly abord all downloads or do I have to actually download a key of some sorts?

Edit. The games are now shown in my Download list, is that enough? I didn't download anything but canceled all downloads as soon as possible.

You've done it right. As long as they're in your download list, you've got them.

Sweet, thanks. ANd could you tell me how to use the cloud save? Can't find the option.
Go into Content Manager
Select Online Storage

From there, you can upload to the server.

However, to have it do it automatically, you need to hit the little "i" button next to each title, and check the "automatically upload" option.

Derrick01

Banned
So after finally trading in Sonic Racing I'm kind of at a loss for what to play on Vita now. I have a bunch of arcade style games but nothing really meaty to sink my teeth into since I finished Persona. I've kind of been playing more NFS Most Wanted but it's hard on Vita with the small text and the tiny problem of walls/cars appearing right in front of you out of nowhere when you're going 150mph. As impressive as the port is you can easily tell it's not meant for a tiny machine like the Vita.

Famassu

Dunno if I've ever read anything more depressing than the 3rd Birthday love up in here.
Not everyone loved Aya as a character or think Parasite Eve games had incredible storytelling (better than Toriyama's, sure, but nothing too special), so 3rd Birthday crapping on that isn't that big of a deal for us, we simply enjoy games with fun gameplay.

So after finally trading in Sonic Racing I'm kind of at a loss for what to play on Vita now. I have a bunch of arcade style games but nothing really meaty to sink my teeth into since I finished Persona. I've kind of been playing more NFS Most Wanted but it's hard on Vita with the small text and the tiny problem of walls/cars appearing right in front of you out of nowhere when you're going 150mph. As impressive as the port is you can easily tell it's not meant for a tiny machine like the Vita.

Hot Shots Golf!

Not everyone loved Aya as a character or think Parasite Eve games had incredible storytelling (better than Toriyama's, sure, but nothing too special), so 3rd Birthday crapping on that isn't that big of a deal for us, we simply enjoy games with fun gameplay.

Incredible? No. Better than Toriyama's joke of a narrative (FFXIII precursor much) in 3rd B-Day? Yes.

Copenap

Content Manager.

Go into Content Manager
Select Online Storage

From there, you can upload to the server.

However, to have it do it automatically, you need to hit the little "i" button next to each title, and check the "automatically upload" option.

Thanks.

So what's the general opinion on cloud saves, yay or nay? I'll definitely use it to transfer my Wipeout retail version save to the digital version but besides this what do you use it for? Just in case something happens to the saves on the Vita or is there a use I'm jsut not seeing?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

might i suggest little kings story or a ps1 classic rpg?

Shahed

Not have any PC or PS3 games to play?

Thanks.

So what's the general opinion on cloud saves, yay or nay? I'll definitely use it to transfer my Wipeout retail version save to the digital version but besides this what do you use it for? Just in case something happens to the saves on the Vita or is there a use I'm jsut not seeing?

That's exactly why I use it. Just in case something happens to my Vita, I know my saves are safe.

I thought about continuing that game yesterday but I'm in the mood for something big. I was thinking maybe Disagea 3 but I doubt that game would hold my interest for long. Seems too anime-ish. I wish Killzone was out now.

How about War of the Lions on PSP? The most awesomely political story ever made.

there are new Soul Sacrifice info about AI companion you can take on your mission, there are 100 of them in the game and they show 3 of them being Lancelot, Gawain, and Perceival. looks great. the story really got me intrigued.

This sounds absolutely amazing - 100 NPCs that can be party members??! Reminds me of the Suikoden days ;( God I miss those games. I wonder how long you can keep them in your party - at the very least for their entire story/scenario portion. Really excited to hear the gamut of monsters is seeming very varied, Gawain's story has you hunting a werewolf.

SmokyDave

I thought about continuing that game yesterday but I'm in the mood for something big. I was thinking maybe Disagea 3 but I doubt that game would hold my interest for long. Seems too anime-ish. I wish Killzone was out now.
Shinobido. It's the obvious choice.

(It's actually not that bad but please don't take the recommendation seriously).

http://youtu.be/SFU742PPPrs?t=3m43s

Expanded photo mode, and... I'll let the video speak for itself. NSFW.
Isn't that the PS3 version?

Regardless, GOTY material.

Derrick01

Banned
Not have any PC or PS3 games to play?

Not right now really. I just finished up ni no kuni and Sly so other than trophy whoring I'm kind of running on empty there.

How about War of the Lions on PSP? The most awesomely political story ever made.

I could just replay witcher 2 for that :p

It's not a bad idea actually. I don't think I've replayed it since it got the enhanced patch.

Shinobido. It's the obvious choice.

(It's actually not that bad but please don't take the recommendation seriously).

That's one of the few launch games I haven't tried yet that I want to. If I could find it for a lot less than $35 I'd get it.

Sid

Sup, vitabros. Heard from a very reliable source that rayman legends and rainbow six patriots is heading towards the vita. :)
image.php

Really?

Kyon

Banned
image.php

Sid I can't help but notice your rude ass attitude in almost every post. Truly channeling your fave :"""") Kratos would be proud

SmokyDave

That's one of the few launch games I haven't tried yet that I want to. If I could find it for a lot less than $35 I'd get it.
I just got it in the EU 1st birthday sale for about £13. It's got the feel of a janky low-rent PS2 game but I'm finding it oddly compelling.

Not at all. Even leaked out a few tidbits about the next AC game in another thread a few days ago. :)
My heart wants to believe you but my head can't.

t&a aside, how's the actual fighting in this game? and how about single player content and modes? I'll probably playing single player if I ever got this because my friends don't have vita and online fighting game never work well with my internet connection.
Best fighter this gen.

Top Bottom