• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Iacobellis

iJuQK6va7zfER.jpg

iKhX7JKwl5R2D.jpg

ib1D00iU5fckWn.jpg

This game looks so good.

What game?

bradigor

Nice find. Looks like it's on sale until next Wednesday. PSN has been doing a few stealth sales recently...

£2.99 in UK. I may pick it up.

EDIT: I have £2.86 left on my account. FFFFFFFFFFF

Still showing as £4.99 on the web store :(

Edit: I'm an idiot, that is the PS3 version. Will pick it up I think along with Sly.

Hanmik

i am going crazy here.. my vita is downloading wipeout pretty fast. but my card is somehow getting more space..? it was at below 1900 now it is above 2200mb.. and it is steadily increasing.. damn

Anilusion

Has anybody else been having problems with PSN not accepting your credit card anymore? I'm still using the same credit card, and it works everywhere else, but PSN won't accept it anymore. I've tried on PC, PS3 and Vita but all I get is errors.

Skyzard

Banned
The heck? She has an awesome move list in PSABR, very true to her character.

Yeah she's pretty awesome, even Emmett is quite good but you need quite a lot of luck and good timing with his slow defensive ass. Both are a lot of fun though.

Legends will be best on Vita of course. Still working on Origins though :p (milking my games etc).

Also if you are having connection issues with PSASBR - make sure to open DMZ on your Vita. It's not as hard as it sounds, only takes a few minutes and basically solves every connection issue on your end. Makes a big difference to finding matches for me. Usually 3 seconds and I'm in.

lol at toto trying to convince everyone she is black. She isn't as pale as the other characters but I'd say she is indian/hispanic/arabian/native american before even saying she is black. If anything I'd say she is a white caucasian from LA with the orange skin tone and unrealistic blonde hair.

Shinypogs

Hopelessly addicted to ecolibrium, totally screwed my first challenge though, accidentally added a wrong species and not enough time left to regenerate challenge points to buy the right one :(

P3P abandoned because I like playing with the weird creatures too much to devote time to dungeon crawling.

I am all for gravity rush 2 if they just make the combat better.

Skyzard

Banned
Wow, I was expecting Rocketbird to be something like Sunflowers, I'm curious now. Wasn't pricey either I don't think.

£5.19 with plus discount, otherwise £6.49

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hasn't felt repetitive yet.
And considering PS3 footage looks repetetive after 5 minutes..? Just shooting at birds without any sort of tactics seems WAY boring.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Well you've got me skeptical too, will watch this video tonight to decide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-XpWc5PFDA

22mins "WTF is" (total biscuit on PC version I think). Will be watching it tonight.

Anyone know if it is the same as the PC version?

Thats exactly what I was referring to. Usually his vids sell me on games. This video unsold me on it. Granted, Total Biscuit was being stupid with some mechanics (like the cover thing and I actually like the background graphics), but it seems waaaaaaaaay too repetetive. What were Kassatsus thoughts on it, comparing it to the PS3 version?

Skyzard

Banned
Ah hah, well I guess it's important to remind that his opinions aren't reviews just first impressions...but yeah 22mins should give you a good idea hmm. Will check it out.

Also Unit 13, I can't stop recommending this game. I know I'm super late but damn guys, fun and challenging shooter.

I don't recognise any of these new minions in PSASBR, maybe just the Buzz guy...seems to be a ninja or something there as well.

edit- looks like LBP story mode dlc will happen:

One question... about the icon in the Story mode where we can check for upcoming levels from the devs (I believe so), has anything been said about it? Should we expect some new levels from you guys, or we're on community hands from now on (not that this is a bad thing :p)?

Well, the button was added for a reason… but you'll have to wait a bit longer for an announcement.

Also, any opinions on Dokuro vs When Vikings Attack...very similar price (special edition of WVA)... I know they are super different games, bad question I guess...probably should find out more about Dokuro since I still don't have any idea about the puzzles or gameplay. I want to buy WVA...but it seems like more of a very well polished mini-game..bit too high a price for me atm probably still.

Shahed

Not right now really. I just finished up ni no kuni and Sly so other than trophy whoring I'm kind of running on empty there.

Damn I wish I could be in a situation where I'm looking for something to play. I've got a sizable backlog of games I own, never mind the games I haven't bought yet simply because I want to finish the other's first. I still haven't got Dishonoured or Halo 4 yet as an example.

God knows what will happen when I eventually get a 3DS.

VanWinkle

Well you've got me skeptical too, will watch this video tonight to decide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-XpWc5PFDA

22mins "WTF is" (total biscuit on PC version I think). Haven't seen it yet though.

Anyone know if it is the same as the PC version?

Shadows and lighting looks surprisingly good.

I don't think it's necessarily good to try to get an impression from a game when there is a commentator constantly complaining while playing it. It can alter your opinion of it. Best to watch a video of it without commentary.

And considering PS3 footage looks repetetive after 5 minutes..? Just shooting at birds without any sort of tactics seems WAY boring.

There's light puzzle gameplay, cover mechanics, hiding, and other variety (like flying in a jetpack). I think it's a little unreasonable to try to reduce it to it's absolute barebones mechanics, when the same can be said of so many other games (racing games are just moving forward and turning left or right? FPSs are just running and shooting? Platformers are just jumping?)

Toma

I don't think the review was his, but the site preferred the Vita version to the PS3 version. Though they did say that the online co-op didn't perform terribly well.

Mechanics, Features or diversions they added to the Vita version?

Very. I posted on the next assassins creed thread that you co op with a Scottish pirate but I'll put down some more details as so when ubi unveil the next game so you guys ( and even me) can match it up. The next game has you playing as haytham's father Edward alongside captain Kidd.

Hmm, if you have Ubi sources, do you know anything about the Ghost Recon Vita game (Final Mission?) that retailers leaked ages ago?

I always just assumed it was a retailer balls up and it never existed, haha.

Skyzard

Banned
I don't think it's necessarily good to try to get an impression from a game when there is a commentator constantly complaining while playing it. It can alter your opinion of it. Best to watch a video of it without commentary.

It's true, he is terrible sometimes and doesn't do the games justice. I can't help watching them though.. will check out other reviews too, it does look good and a very nice price.

Btw wth is Bentley's Hackpack -looks like the turtle from Sly Cooper. I'm not sure if there is currently a pricing issue with it - "full game - £1.59" or "full game - free". I'm guessing it's just the trial. Apparently there are some mini games that are included in Sly Cooper 4 in the trial or if you buy it you unlock 60 levels and a "special arcade". I'm sure it's nothing but downloading to find out - 814 mb though

VanWinkle

It's true, he is terrible sometimes and doesn't do the games justice. I can't help watching them though.. will check out other reviews too, it does look good and a very nice price.

Btw wth is Bentley's Hackpack -looks like the turtle from Sly Cooper. I'm not sure if there is currently a pricing issue with it - "full game - £1.59" or "full game - free". I'm guessing it's just the trial. Apparently there are some mini games that are included in Sly Cooper 4 in the trial or if you buy it you unlock 60 levels and a "special arcade". I'm sure it's nothing but downloading to find out - 814 mb though

Yes, the free one is essentially a demo, but it has the full game there in case you decide to spend the tiny amount and buy the rest of it. I think it's worth it since it's so cheap but you could feel differently. I'm glad there is a demo.

Toma

There's light puzzle gameplay, cover mechanics, hiding, and other variety (like flying in a jetpack). I think it's a little unreasonable to try to reduce it to it's absolute barebones mechanics, when the same can be said of so many other games (racing games are just moving forward and turning left or right? FPSs are just running and shooting? Platformers are just jumping?)

As I said he was completely stupid about some of his complaints, but I have some eyes and a brain in my head too :p He spent 15 minutes of the 20 just pressing down the fire button and walking left or right. Thats not reducing it to its basic mechanic, as you put it. Racing games usually dont just ask you to drive forward without taking enemies, speed, break time etc into considering. He was literally just moving and shooting.

I dont think it was anything special, but for the price the games are actually quite decent minigames. I enjoyed the sidescrolling shooter one surprisingly much. Unfortunate that the others werent as engaging to me.

VanWinkle

As I said he was completely stupid about some of his complaints, but I have some eyes and a brain in my head too :p He spent 15 minutes of the 20 just pressing down the fire button and walking left or right. Thats not reducing it to its basic mechanic, as you put it. Racing games usually dont just ask you to drive forward without taking enemies, speed, break time etc into considering. He was literally just moving and shooting.

Well I just tried to do that out of curiosity and died in about 10 seconds. Did they only play the beginning, or was it from another spot in the game?

Toma

Well I just tried to do that out of curiosity and died in about 10 seconds. Did they only play the beginning, or was it from another spot in the game?

The first 20 minutes of the game. If it doesnt stay that way, thats excellent :) Thats basically the information I was after. Thanks Winkle!

wilflare

Any comments about the repetetiveness in that game?

glad to see a Singapore studio's game getting some nods here ^^

the guy with 11 referrals... that's simply.. insane. I mean that's $220 PSN credit he's gonna get...

and it's Xenogears' 15 birthday today.. lol that PSOne Classic should be discounted and played on the Vita

(Sony should really get more PSP games on the Store and downloadable to the Vita.... that'll help... I never owned a PSP)

wilflare

I think it caps at $200. If not, I might end up with even more PSN credit than he does if all of my referrals go through. ;)

ahhh. haha the credit gets automatically added to the account right? they aren't sending me a card for me scratch and redeem i hope

Skyzard

Banned
Yes, the free one is essentially a demo, but it has the full game there in case you decide to spend the tiny amount and buy the rest of it. I think it's worth it since it's so cheap but you could feel differently. I'm glad there is a demo.

I dont think it was anything special, but for the price the games are actually quite decent minigames. I enjoyed the sidescrolling shooter one surprisingly much. Unfortunate that the others werent as engaging to me.

It looks interesting, would be nice to see a preview of the other 57 games or so and the price is chump change.... but the problem is it's nearly a gb! Hmm even with a 32gb card I don't think I could justify it if it's a frobisher says type of game, never really play those - too simple the games. If these have a bit more depth though I'd be fine. So slow the download.

Will also watch some gameplay videos of that chicken game, not just the first 20 minutes.

time to walk dog, brb

Hardboiled chicken is not available in one country in EU - of course it had to be Poland so i can't play it :(

Weird, no? Maybe just a delay..

Toma

It looks interesting, would be nice to see a preview of the other 57 games or so and the price is chump change.... but the problem is it's nearly a gb! Hmm even with a 32gb card I don't think I could justify it if it's a frobisher says type of game, never really play those - too simple the games. If these have a bit more depth though I'd be fine. So slow the download.

Will also watch some gameplay videos of that chicken game, not just the first 20 minutes.

time to walk dog, brb

Weird, no? Maybe just a delay..

Dont be mistaken, its only 3 games with 20 levels each.

Holy shit. I had somehow missed that Gungnir and Growlanser have been released on the EU store!

Anyone have any particularly strong feelings as to which one I should purchase first? I mean, I know I want to try both, but I am going to at least attempt to make myself complete games as I buy them these days.

>.>

It probably won't happen that way...

Top Bottom