• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Zhengi

Darn it all. Stupid Sony and their one account policy.

Turns out the used Vita I bought has 3 downloaded games by the previous user, one of which is PS All Stars Battle. I wanted to get the new DLC that was released and it seems I can't do it with the previous owner's PSN. So in order to create a new one, I have to format my memory card which has some game saves and the 3 downloaded games. I don't want to delete the games, but I also want to get the DLC. This sucks.

WORLDTree

That's so awesome. I hope it's localized someday since it looks promising.

Does anyone have any numbers to compare this to their past releases? I remember someone said this studio is used to selling 8-10,000 per game. Would be great if this and Monpiece motivate smaller publishers to get on board and bring their games to the Vita.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
It's nice that they felt they could profit at only 10k copies.
Even better. Control those budgets!

Western release, please please please. (。・ω・。)

Does anyone have any numbers to compare this to their past releases? I remember someone said this studio is used to selling 8-10,000 per game. Would be great if this and Monpiece motivate smaller publishers to get on board and bring their games to the Vita.
Experience has mainly been a niche PC developer, so we don't know how much they sold, but it probably wasn't a lot. Their first attempts at console releases were Labyrinth Cross Blood and Students of the Round on the 360, which sold around 5k-7k. Then they tried Students of the Round again on the PSP, but it didn't fare much better, selling only 5k again.

So this is seriously impressive, not only for them, but compared to similar, Wizardry style, RPGs on the PSP. Unless one counts Persona 1, the only one in the running is Class of Heros 2, which sold 79k (though probably has a few thousand additional untracked sales).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
What was it about it? Something in particular? Haven't watched the gameplay vids yet but considering buying it. Sorry to make you relive those 10 minutes :p

Going by Winkles words, the ebginning may not be representative of the rest of the game, but I bet its the "walk right, kill bird, walk right, kill bird..."

Might get it with a decent discount down the line.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
and Takao not posting here anymore ..why?

Let me guess Liberation going multiplat?

That seems most likely. Or we're getting some shitty spinoff of a spinoff game like that Uncharted card game.

I don't really see Vita people upset over ACF3:L.

however if/when Atlus do that to their game that share a similar title to an 1997 SEGA Saturn game..it's will be pretty crazy around here.

Rocketbirds has a platinum AND it's an over the top side scrolling action/shoot em up game? Um... wow consider me sold.

I just got my 32GB card by the way, to switch over I just back up to my PS3 and restore it to the 32GB card right? I also have a 50$ psn card, really torn on what to spend it on now >_> The Square sale is really nice and I've been wanting Dissidia Ducockem or whatever it's called.

omg_mjd

Just saw NBA 2K13 PSP is currently $10

Anyone ever try it or have impressions with the PSP versions or some of the past iterations?

I bought NBA 2K12 PSP last year when it was on sale. The visuals and UI are awful but the game controls okay. There's a deep create-a-player mode where you play as a draft class player with a ton of stats that you can upgrade as you gain experience.

Overall it just feels like a perfunctory cash-in on the NBA 2K franchise. The devs could have done a much better job. But unfortunately there's nothing else for the Vita at the moment. (I noticed the earlier NBA 2Ks have better store ratings but I've never played them myself.)

I heard NBA 2K13 PSP is just a roster update, nothing more. If someone can correct me on that, I'd be happy to know.

branny

Meh, kind of questioning getting NGS2+ right away now after spending more time with NG2. Somehow I've avoided NG2 until recently (no clue how this happened), and I'm not really liking what I've played so far. =\

I'm like halfway through Razor's Edge, too, and--no joke--they're nearly identical, from the mobby, OT/UT-focused combat to the depressingly linear environment design. The only difference is that NG3 has stupid kunai climbing and crappier enemy targeting priority. They otherwise seem cut from the same cloth. Please tell me I'm missing something.

Uh oh. Starting to feel that same queasiness when I realized MGS2 was my favorite MGS.

Yep, that's Muramasa alright.

Sadly, I couldn't have been more bored with it on the Wii. I wanted to like Muramasa because it got rid of most of the junk that bothered me in Odin Sphere, but...ehh...

Odin Sphere's combat was more interesting to me for some reason. Maybe having more options at your disposal? The enemy types? I don't know. It just felt a little less mindless. I'm the last person to defend Odin Sphere, too--that game is a tedious (item management, growing stuff), repetitive (see tedious; also, playing the same maps over and over), technical mess (ALL THAT SLOWDOWN no thx 1fps boss fights) that seems to get a free pass because of its pretty art, lovely music, split-character approach to storytelling, and delectably-named food items.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Did you play Sly? What were your thoughts on it? That has nothing to do with Hardboiled, but I'm curious.

if you care that much about people opinion on Sly 4 for some reason..I promise that I give you my full impressions on it when I get my PS3 version.

but my mail forwarding service is super slow(still don't have my copy).

Massa

Rocketbirds has a platinum AND it's an over the top side scrolling action/shoot em up game? Um... wow consider me sold.

I just got my 32GB card by the way, to switch over I just back up to my PS3 and restore it to the 32GB card right? I also have a 50$ psn card, really torn on what to spend it on now >_> The Square sale is really nice and I've been wanting Dissidia Ducockem or whatever it's called.

Don't forget to sync your trophies with the old memory card. Then, when you put in the new memory card, first thing you should do is format it (even if it's new). You'll also have to manually login to PSN again on the new memory card.

I bought NBA 2K12 PSP last year when it was on sale. The visuals and UI are awful but the game controls okay. There's a deep create-a-player mode where you play as a draft class player with a ton of stats that you can upgrade as you gain experience.

Overall it just feels like a perfunctory cash-in on the NBA 2K franchise. The devs could have done a much better job. But unfortunately there's nothing else for the Vita at the moment. (I noticed the earlier NBA 2Ks have better store ratings but I've never played them myself.)

I heard NBA 2K13 PSP is just a roster update, nothing more. If someone can correct me on that, I'd be happy to know.

Thanks alot for the impressions and info! I can barely find anything on the games at all. No critic reviews or anything since 2k11. lol

I'm pretty tempted to get it, especially since it does have MyPlayer mode, but i'm wondering if they will be announcing 2K14 for Vita (hopefully).

VanWinkle

if you care that much about people opinion on Sly 4 for some reason..I promise that I give you my full impressions on it when I get my PS3 version.

but my mail forwarding service is super slow(still don't have my copy).

lol. He and I were both excited for the game, and then he disliked the demo, so I was interested in what he thought of the full game (he mentioned buying it a while back).

However, you are certainly free to put your opinion on it in and I'll read it.

MoxManiac

So I bought a Vita used from a pawn shop for $179 in like in condition; it was in the box, with all the papers, plastic baggies, etc etc. It looks like it was played maybe twice then pawned.

Here's the weird thing though. The box is for the Wifi version, but the system is most definitely the 3G version. I had worries that there is some kind of bait and switch thing going on, but the unit seems to work flawlessly. I put my account on it, transferred over some digital vita games (from plus), PSP games, and the one retail vita game I own, and everything seems to work fine. I'm really puzzled by this.

Shoyz

My guess: The owner bought a 3G Vita and sold their old Vita in the wi-fi box.

Edit: Wait, I got it backwards..that is puzzling. Had a Wi-Fi Vita, bought a used 3G Vita thinking it could do online multiplayer, re-sold useless 3G Vita in the original's box?

lol. He and I were both excited for the game, and then he disliked the demo, so I was interested in what he thought of the full game (he mentioned buying it a while back).

However, you are certainly free to put your opinion on it in and I'll read it.

Spoiler alert: I bet he thinks it's garbage and is a bad game. :)

Skyzard

Banned

Edit: Wait, I got it backwards..that is puzzling.

I was thinking something similar, or even the pawnshop adding value themselves and supplying a box...but yeah just strange :S

Consider yourself lucky :)

MoxManiac

Edit: Wait, I got it backwards..that is puzzling. Had a Wi-Fi Vita, bought a used 3G Vita thinking it could do online multiplayer, re-sold useless 3G Vita in the original's box?

Yeah, maybe. Before I reset the system to factory settings to add my account, it looked like the game the previous owner had played on it was Black Ops declassified (the physical retail version)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
No see he only cares about MY opinion.

HMPH

this is not fair :(

582Dr0W.jpg

Spoiler alert: I bet he thinks it's garbage and is a bad game. :)

Your Delorean..let me use it(want to save my younger self from buying a broken Casio pocket TV).

I don't even have the game yet.

Don't forget to sync your trophies with the old memory card. Then, when you put in the new memory card, first thing you should do is format it (even if it's new). You'll also have to manually login to PSN again on the new memory card.

Awesome thank you :) Still waiting to finish backing up my 8GB card.. it was literally full. I have to make sure I sync my trophies too, that's a good reminder >_>

Shoyz

My heart sank when I beat Gravity Rush and got the last trophy, but wasn't 100%. Checked the list and saw Chapter 18 and 19 trophies locked, and realized I must have forgotten to sync before wiping to switch accounts. Punishment: Replay the entire game.

Or at least it would have been if I didn't have some sort of ungodly foresight to have a single backup save..at level 17.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Awesome thank you :) Still waiting to finish backing up my 8GB card.. it was literally full. I have to make sure I sync my trophies too, that's a good reminder >_>

it go slow,very slow,on PC and PS3 bullet time on both,it's like snail and a turtle having sex on glue,just unacceptable.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Ecolibrium seems reeealy interesting for what appears to be a Farmville clone. So when do they start making you spend money?

Top Bottom