• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
so why Powered Up is not on the PS store?

Problem with VitaGAF is that they hype bad games to the moon (RCR,Chronovolt,Unit 13) so you don't know for sure in the few days before release.

RCR is generally considered bad in here though and I cant remember anyone hyping Chronovault either. Still fence hopping with Unit13, but I guess I wont find out until I get it for free.
Although, fun fact: Since people here shat on CV so much, it actually exceeded my expectations when I got to play it, lol. Still deleted it shortly after.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
RCR could have been a lot better if the story was original instead of purely mashing up references from other older games.

Dingotech

My heart sank when I beat Gravity Rush and got the last trophy, but wasn't 100%. Checked the list and saw Chapter 18 and 19 trophies locked, and realized I must have forgotten to sync before wiping to switch accounts. Punishment: Replay the entire game.

Or at least it would have been if I didn't have some sort of ungodly foresight to have a single backup save..at level 17.

Even once you beat the final game the PSN Network listing for the game in your trophy list will by like 67%, because of the 3 DLC download packs being listed.

Personally this pisses me off, the trophy listing shouldn't show DLC if you don't own it!!

Mr E.

lol. He and I were both excited for the game, and then he disliked the demo, so I was interested in what he thought of the full game (he mentioned buying it a while back).

However, you are certainly free to put your opinion on it in and I'll read it.

I see your playing rocket birds now. Have you finished Sly already?

A recommendation by you is convincing.

Yeah, but remember I do like the new Jagged Alliance! Talk about a minority view!

If you go into Rocketbirds expecting a fluid platformer, you'll walk away disappointed. It's pretty rigid, there's no easy adjustment for moving on the fly...but if you somehow find yourself in the mood for a poultry-flavoured Flashback, it's pretty cool.

If you like the aforementioned or something like Bermuda Syndrome, then you should be good to go.

Mr E.

Nope. I'm about 3/4ths of the way through. I tend to play multiple games at once, lol. I love Sly, though. It's awesome.
I'm a bit like you. I can't stick on one game too long. I really should try to stick and Finnish a title before moving on. Huge embarrassing backlog to catch up on too.

Your Delorean..let me use it(want to save my younger self from buying a broken Casio pocket TV).

I don't even have the game yet.

I was just remembering how you talked about the demo and stuff... so I'm betting it's not going to be spectacular enough for you to change your mind. ;)

so why Powered Up is not on the PS store?

Problem with VitaGAF is that they hype bad games to the moon (RCR,Chronovolt,Unit 13) so you don't know for sure in the few days after release.

Powered Up? Is that one of those... newer... Mega Man games? I'll just keep my mouth shut there.
And I don't remember VitaGAF hyping RCR -- that was more just GAF.

And the recommendations for Unit 13 are spot on. Game is solid.

Yeah, but remember I do like the new Jagged Alliance! Talk about a minority view!

If you go into Rocketbirds expecting a fluid platformer, you'll walk away disappointed. It's pretty rigid, there's no easy adjustment for moving on the fly...but if you somehow find yourself in the mood for a poultry-flavoured Flashback, it's pretty cool.

If you like the aforementioned or something like Bermuda Syndrome, then you should be good to go.

It looked sort of like a Contra game with a Shank type feel for the animation -- how accurate would that be?
I want a Contra game on this thing... Hard Corps... whatever. GIVE IT TO ME!!!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh. Dyno's recolor fight in Chapter 10 is kicking my ass still. I can damage him and dodge his charge but if he even hits me ONCE with that charge move it's all over. No matter my health. Stupid. :|

I've been trying to flying swallow him, doesn't work. But it gets me close enough to 360Y him with the Dragon's Fang and Tiger's Claw but because of that weapons shitty range (even with it's UT!) and iffy-hit detection it's screwing me over. Maybe I should just roll around and flip out and kill him like a Lunar Ninja would? D:

Yeah, I really enjoyed Unit 13. Like many folks said, it was a portable, less extreme version of The Club. When you got your 'racing lines' happening after a few cursory runs through a level, it was incredibly satisfying.

I found RCR a little joyless. It should have been a lot more exciting than it ended up being. A little too much fan service and too little meat on the bone. Perhaps not the right way to look at it, because it was pretty hefty in content...just not spicy or tangy enough.

It looked sort of like a Contra game with a Shank type feel for the animation -- how accurate would that be?
I want a Contra game on this thing... Hard Corps... whatever. GIVE IT TO ME!!!

Nah, it's more like a puzzle platformer. The weapons are pretty satisfying for the game it actually is - great audio-visual response to fire - but it's a lot slower than a Contra or Metal Slug. Only two forward firing stances - standing and crouching - if that helps describe the game a little better. Not counting the flying sections. Personally, I like the platforming much better.

For ten bucks, it's pretty good. For the Plus discount, it's money well spent. It'll probably end up a freebie for Plus subscribers, so if any doubt remains, see if a demo pops up or just wait it out.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Powered Up? Is that one of those... newer... Mega Man games? I'll just keep my mouth shut there.
!

Yes. See, I got the Dual UMD Pack that has Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X(MMX remake) I'm replacing/getting rid of my UMDs for some time now (it is expensive thing to do, but I hate PSP stick and UMDs) however Maverick Hunter X is on the store but Powered Up is not...it is just weird.

Something weird happened with my trophy data.
All the games on the Vita side just disappeared. I still have all my trophies but for some reason the local trophy data got wiped. Anyone know what the hell I could have done to do that? Was way easier to search through the short little Vita list than my enormous list of PS3 & Vita games to find a trophy list.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Unit 13. Like many folks said, it was a portable, less extreme version of The Club. When you got your 'racing lines' happening after a few cursory runs through a level, it was incredibly satisfying.

I found RCR a little joyless. It should have been a lot more exciting than it ended up being. A little too much fan service and too little meat on the bone. Perhaps not the right way to look at it, because it was pretty hefty in content...just not spicy or tangy enough.

Glad you enjoyed Unit 13!

Also, yeah I feel the same way about RCR. I swear I everytime I play it, after 5 minutes, I just want to play something else.

cyborg009

Banned
Yes. See, I got the Dual UMD Pack that has Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X(MMX remake) I'm replacing/getting rid of my UMDs for some time now (it is expensive thing to do, but I hate PSP stick and UMDs) however Maverick Hunter X is on the store but Powered Up is not...it is just weird.

Toto I must see your gaming collection.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Powered Up is the 3D remake of MM 1 from 2006, Frosty.
Actually pretty good game.

Capcom USA said there's technical issues as to why its not on PSN.
Pure bullshit as my ripped copy runs fine.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

:|

so there is no technical issues and they just don't want to give us the game,even when MHX is already on the store.

the hell is wrong with Capcom?

so there is no technical issues and they just don't want to give us the game,even when MHX is already on the store.

They want to spite Inafune as long as possible

Seriously, when he left, they fucking dropped MM as if it was an STD.

Shoyz

Something weird happened with my trophy data.
All the games on the Vita side just disappeared. I still have all my trophies but for some reason the local trophy data got wiped. Anyone know what the hell I could have done to do that? Was way easier to search through the short little Vita list than my enormous list of PS3 & Vita games to find a trophy list.

That happens every time I reset it. They'll re-appear when you run the game(s).

Nah, it's more like a puzzle platformer. The weapons are pretty satisfying for the game it actually is - great audio-visual response to fire - but it's a lot slower than a Contra or Metal Slug. Only two forward firing stances - standing and crouching - if that helps describe the game a little better. Not counting the flying sections. Personally, I like the platforming much better.

For ten bucks, it's pretty good. For the Plus discount, it's money well spent. It'll probably end up a freebie for Plus subscribers, so if any doubt remains, see if a demo pops up or just wait it out.

Plus discount must be EU only (again)?

I bought Maverick Hunter X for $5 -- seemed cool, loved MMX back on the SNES.

Oh shit. I'd be into that. I thought it was one of those... uh... Battle Network?... titles.

That's rhetorical, right?

Glad you enjoyed Unit 13!

Also, yeah I feel the same way about RCR. I swear I everytime I play it, after 5 minutes, I just want to play something else.

And it really shouldn't be that way with RCR. I don't know how such a love-letter to the past could be so limited in the fun department. Everything works and works well, it's just...I dunno. I can't put my finger on it.

Plus discount must be EU only (again)?

Sorry, I made a mistake! I got mixed up with my Alien Breed purchase, which offers a Plus discount. 10 bucks across the board for Rocketbirds. Apologies.

And it really shouldn't be that way with RCR. I don't know how such a love-letter to the past could be so limited in the fun department. Everything works and works well, it's just...I dunno. I can't put my finger on it.

Sorry, I made a mistake! I got mixed up with my Alien Breed purchase, which offers a Plus discount. 10 bucks across the board for Rocketbirds. Apologies.

Ah, ok, no worries. With the class treatment that EU gets compared to NA, it wouldn't surprise me to learn you guys got a good deal on it -- with the fact that EU PS+ now has WipEout 2048, their PS+ is back to being unbelievably superior to US PS+ in my eyes. Sure, we got Sigma +, but I think I'd rather have Sleeping Dogs at this point. :)

Edit: No, you were right. EU got a better deal.
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken for PS Vita is available exclusively on PSN for €7.99/£6.49. If you purchased the PS3 version of the game, you’ll be able to purchase the PS Vita version at a reduced price of €6.49/£5.19 and unlock both Budgie Commando characters (Sniper Budgie and Agent-H Budgie Commando) for the co-op campaign as well! not only that, but PS Plus members can download the game with an additional 20% discount on top of this!

For $8, I probably would have bought it.
But while the US blog post mentions a MIA discount akin to the "own the PS3 version, get a discount" promo, there's no talk of 20% off for PS+ anywhere, even with the eventual "own PS3, get Vita version cheaper" promo if it's ever fixed.

Edit 2: Holy shit, EU gets Darksiders 2 for $10? DAMMIT.

RCR was terrible -- I gave it a shot based on the hype hoping for something that felt like GTA2. I loved GTA2 when I was in college, even if I sucked at it and thought it would be more fun with actually controller inputs instead of my keyboard/mouse. I don't think I even finished the demo I hated it so much.

cyborg009

Banned
1360806574984_SS_Valnetine2013_wallpaper.png

For the loved ones.

Oh btw, I restored my back up and I definitely synced my trophies to the PSN before swapping cards and after re-logging in . . .

My games are gone on the vita side. They're there on the PSN side, but how do I get them on the Vita side again? Please don't tell me I have to go through each game to reload+resync each list on the Vita, from my PSN account? :/

Shoyz

Oh btw, I restored my back up and I definitely synced my trophies to the PSN before swapping cards and after re-logging in . . .

My games are gone on the vita side. They're there on the PSN side, but how do I get them on the Vita side again? Please don't tell me I have to go through each game to reload+resync each list on the Vita, from my PSN account? :/

Two posts up. You need to launch the game and it'll list it again. For each game. You only need to re-sync once.

Copenap

Hey, ehm, does the PS+ WIpeout version come with or without an online pass? I tried to switch from my retail copy to the digital copy keeping my save with the online cloud but now the digital copy says I need a network pass for online though there obviously should be one tied to my account from my retail copy even if the digital version comes without one :/

Edit: Downloaded again and now there's the network pass, dunno what went wrong the first time.

Then I just use this post for a different question. The PS+ offers are stackable, right? So it might be a good idea to get the 90days for 9,99€ offer more then once or have there been better offers?

Vashetti

Banned
I don't get why Sony isn't putting more effort into getting the entire PS1 and PSP library on PSN.

It's a pretty big selling point I think for the Vita to have the entire PS1/PSP library at your fingertips.

I don't get why Sony isn't putting more effort into getting the entire PS1 and PSP library on PSN.

It's a pretty big selling point I think for the Vita to have the entire PS1/PSP library at your fingertips.
They've gotten most of the "easy" ones on PSN already. Licensing and emulation issues are usually to blame for the rest.

Tizoc

Powered up is fine, most Megaman 'fans' are too attached to the 8-bit graphics it blinds their judgement.

After installing V. Chronicles 2, I was left with less than 2 GB in my Vita =_=
I deleted Motorstorm RC since I don't feel like playing it, but the biggest games I got are 012 Dissidia, FF9, Sly Cooper 4 & Sonic Transformed.

They better announce 64 and/or 128 GB mem cards on the 20th.

Powered up is fine, most Megaman 'fans' are too attached to the 8-bit graphics it blinds their judgement.

After installing V. Chronicles 2, I was left with less than 2 GB in my Vita =_=
I deleted Motorstorm RC since I don't feel like playing it, but the biggest games I got are 012 Dissidia, FF9, Sly Cooper 4 & Sonic Transformed.

They better announce 64 and/or 128 GB mem cards on the 20th.

I could do with a bigger memory card as well. My 32GB card only has about 8GB left but that's before taking into account Sly 4 when I get it, plus the latest Playstation Allstars update which is just shy of 1GB.

I never understood some of the hate for Powered Up, I'm a huge Megaman fan (I own every game Capcom has ever put out, including the obscure Chinese PC games) and Powered Up is on of my favourite games in the entire series. The sheer amount of content alone wins it for me, all the playable characters, the challenge mode and the level creation side of things has had me hooked since its release. I was gutted when Capcom didn't continue on the series (I'd have killed for a MM2 and 3 remake in the same style with similar amounts of content)

What's so great about Megaman ? It looks like one of few zylions 2D platformers we had in 80s/90s so why is this one so hyped by fans instead of for example James Pond ?

What's so great about Megaman ? It looks like one of few zylions 2D platformers we had in 80s/90s so why is this one so hyped by fans instead of for example James Pond ?

For me - its always been about the bosses and non linear nature of the levels. Being able to chose what boss to go after next rather than play through the game in a pre-determined has always been something I've loved about the series. The bosses themselves I always found really fun to fight, especially using only your default buster weapon, figuring out the best tactics to beat the bosses without taking damage has added a brand new challenge to the games for me.
That said I've always had a soft spot for the Megadrive/Amiga versions of James Pond 2 Robocod!

Tizoc

I could do with a bigger memory card as well. My 32GB card only has about 8GB left but that's before taking into account Sly 4 when I get it, plus the latest Playstation Allstars update which is just shy of 1GB.

I never understood some of the hate for Powered Up, I'm a huge Megaman fan (I own every game Capcom has ever put out, including the obscure Chinese PC games) and Powered Up is on of my favourite games in the entire series. The sheer amount of content alone wins it for me, all the playable characters, the challenge mode and the level creation side of things has had me hooked since its release. I was gutted when Capcom didn't continue on the series (I'd have killed for a MM2 and 3 remake in the same style with similar amounts of content)

I'd say 1 turn off is the 'big heads', if the heads and body proprotions matched, they may have been recieved better. I erpsonally don't mind the cute/chibi look.

Got to agree with the learned views on Ecolibrium written prior in this thread. Holy shit, what an egregious trap to hurl PSN credit into.

A classic example of iOS-level F2P garbage masquerading as something truly exciting. Coming off years of things like the ecology-themed Sim games (Life, Earth, Isle etc.) and gear like Evolution and Wolf/Lion, the complete lack of any sort of dynamism in Ecolibrium is glaring. Not to mention the dreary languidness of the lethargic beasts ushered into the landscape. Great concept, great visual design, let down by a throttled energy system that guts any reason to experiment with the ecological balance and simply min-max towards the challenge score parameters.

What's more, this would be great on the system if designed as a complete package and sold for ten or fifteen bucks. Give us a pocket terrarium - which is what I AM waiting for with an MIA Topia update on iOS - and not some husk in the clothing of a better game, one revolving around frivolous frittering of cash to achieve something average that could otherwise be developed further into a very compelling experience without the nickel and diming stench.

Grim gear, friends. Grim gear. I'm usually able to find something to like, too...but the lack of vision here is astounding. It would be a great ecological and zoological sandbox if it hadn't been designed with its innards outside its body...and you can either poke them back up its arse ever so slowly with a single digit, or pay the PSN surgery fee.

Never liked these F2P 'strategy' mirages, and this one is no different. Big fat shame.

Top Bottom