• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Vashetti

Banned
What's Remote Play like with PS3/Vita?

If it's built into the PS4 would it be possible to have off-screen play like with the Wii U?

Still trying to convince my SO and her friend to be Soul Sacrifice coop buddies. Both were turned off it by the nasty enemies. :-(

Hope the demo comes out. Otherwise, I think Toukiden's my best bet.

If they do announce a new Vita model on the 20th, I'd give mine to my fiancee so we could play SS together.

What's Remote Play like with PS3/Vita?

Mostly the same as the PSP, with the exception of a couple of games that support a higher resolution remote play (ICO/SOTC & Tokyo Jungle)

If it's built into the PS4 would it be possible to have off-screen play like with the Wii U?

That's very well possible. I'd like to think they would do something along those lines.

kiyomi

Got to agree with the learned views on Ecolibrium written prior in this thread.

*snip*
Well said. Beyond the initial enjoyment of learning what works in building a sustainable environment (which will take you the best part of only say, half an hour), the game just doesn't do anything to grab the player. At that point you've set your beasts down, planted some trees and you're waiting for the next thing to go wrong, or the next moment you can add another piece to your ecological puzzle. It's vacuous and ultimately meaningless since - and I've used this before - your progress is fuelled by either an open wallet or your own patience to wait around for the next day to come along, which I don't think is enough to justify its' existence on a dedicated handheld gaming device.

Clearly intended mostly for a "casual" market, there are much better and maybe less financially intrusive alternatives on other, more F2P friendly platforms. A smartly designed, more mechanically interesting sim game could work on Vita, F2P or otherwise. Ecolibrium simply ain't it.

Hanmik

why are we talking about Megaman here..? nostalgia overload (Megaman is nothing special today, just like most other REALLY old games)...

Let´s talk about something relevant... like ME..! or... why Sony hypes the 20th. of February on their Vita page ... http://uk.playstation.com/psvita/

Well said. Beyond the initial enjoyment of learning what works in building a sustainable environment (which will take you the best part of only say, half an hour), the game just doesn't do anything to grab the player. At that point you've set your beasts down, planted some trees and you're waiting for the next thing to go wrong, or the next moment you can add another piece to your ecological puzzle. It's vacuous and ultimately meaningless since - and I've used this before - your progress is fuelled by either an open wallet or your own patience to wait around for the next day to come along, which I don't think is enough to justify its' existence on a dedicated handheld gaming device.

Clearly intended mostly for a "casual" market, there are much better and maybe less financially intrusive alternatives on other, more F2P friendly platforms. A smartly designed, more mechanically interesting sim game could work on Vita, F2P or otherwise. Ecolibrium simply ain't it.

Hopefully they'll read a lot of comments like this and push more content for it in the future. Because I agree completely. The game has a lot of potential, they just need to make it all work together in a way that keeps the player engaged.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
If they do announce a new Vita model on the 20th, I'd give mine to my fiancee so we could play SS together.
We're currently having ad hoc fun with Ragnarok Odyssey, despite the game being poo-pooed on GAF. They're definitely more comfortable with the aesthetic.

But Soul Sacrifice looks so much more fun. :-(

I'd say 1 turn off is the 'big heads', if the heads and body proprotions matched, they may have been recieved better. I erpsonally don't mind the cute/chibi look.

Yeah, I can see where your coming from. Personally while its not my favourite graphical style that a Megaman game has ever had (for me, its the 8 bit NES game look that I like best, perhaps because I grew up with those games) I didn't let the graphical style hamper the ton of fun I had with the game (bar trying to beat Fireman as Oilman on the hardest difficulty, now that I truly hate! Never did manage to do it either...)

Put me down for a proper HD update of the Legends games, one thing that annoyed me with the original Legends on the Playstation and the Japan only PSP re-release was the camera control. Right analogue stick for camera control alone would be enough for me to want Legends for the Vita!

mauaus

That Nintendo conference made me love my vita even more :)
We might not get that many games but what we have (now and upcoming) is really awesome imho

Dunan

Generic Vita question, and sorry for the tangent, but: does the Vita have the save-state feature that the PSP Go had? I know I can quit out to the main menu and have the state intact, but I can't figure out how to return to the game, but then reload that state.

I fear I may have wasted $20 double-dipping on Tactics Ogre on the PSN, because while I love the bigger screen, without being able to undo failed crafting attempts -- those of you who've played it know what I'm talking about -- this game just isn't playable.

Shoyz

Nintendo Direct was awful, disappointing along with pretty much every E3 and conference I've seen in the past few years.

Happy that the 20th is something to finally look forward to.

Generic Vita question, and sorry for the tangent, but: does the Vita have the save-state feature that the PSP Go had? I know I can quit out to the main menu and have the state intact, but I can't figure out how to return to the game, but then reload that state.

I fear I may have wasted $20 double-dipping on Tactics Ogre on the PSN, because while I love the bigger screen, without being able to undo failed crafting attempts -- those of you who've played it know what I'm talking about -- this game just isn't playable.

Nope. No save states.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
when was the last time a videogame conference actually lived up to the hype and was actually good??

keep your hopes and expectations low people. easier to be blown away.

That sounds like cheating to me. Why would there be officially-sanctioned cheating?

Did we ever get a comic book or manga reader for the vita? I remember PS announcing something last September or October and that Japan got one.

Did we ever get a comic book or manga reader for the vita? I remember PS announcing something last September or October and that Japan got one.

PSP had one. When Sony shut it down the assumption was that they'd be making one for Vita... nothing yet, though. Maybe it'll be in a firmwire update one day.

MDSLKTR

I'm really enjoying RCR :shrugs: (being free helps also). It's super fast and missions are short, it's perfect for a lunch break. I wouldn't want to play it on anything other than on a vita tough.

Hanmik

Cheating in a single-player game? In this case, it's more like "removing the drudgery". Non-"cheaters" just reset when such an unlucky RNG delays their plans.

But you can just exit a game and start over...

Smart As.. the daily challenge. If you have finished a daily challenge you will have to wait a whole day to try again. BUT if you have a bad day (say you mess up some of the minigames) you can just press the PS button (as long as you haven´t finished the daily challenge), you need to do it before you finish the last minigame , and close the game window. Start the game again. And Voila you can try again. This can be done with more games too.

I love RCR, but I'm 30 so that could definitely have something to do with it...

"In my day, all games looked this terrible"

<old man voice>

if you buy unit 13 (cart) it comes with a code that is SUPPOSED to be the online pass, but it's the full game download

What are you talking about ? I finished it and it was quite easy towards the end and i didn't bother too much with crafting.

PSP had one. When Sony shut it down the assumption was that they'd be making one for Vita... nothing yet, though. Maybe it'll be in a firmwire update one day.

Thats extremely frustrating, I really want that feature back as I took advantage of the PSP reader...ugh...thanks for the information though.

But the risk of failure is part of the game. That's why I wish more games had the Dark Souls save system. Autosaves every few seconds to prevent "retries"

IDK man...

The failures in crafting in Phantasy Star Universe probably rank up there as being one of the most rage inducing moments in a video game. Nothing like spending a month for a "drop" only to have the thing fail.

I love RCR, but I'm 30 so that could definitely have something to do with it...

"In my day, all games looked this terrible"

<old man voice>

I'll be 26 this year so I'm not too far from you, I feel the same way. I remember the days of Faxanadu and Megaman 1-3, etc. I just have a soft spot for awesome pixel art and or chiptune music. I think the main thing people got let down by was how it's really focused on hitting that nostalgia string, which I personally love.

I think I'm going to take the plunge today and get a bunch of classic Square games that are on sale - I have a lot of redownloading to do now that I have a big 32GB card. I'm finally part of the 32gb master race! Can't wait to get the Genesis collection and the Dracula X Chronicles again too~ I also have Hot Shots from a previous sale waiting to be added. I still have to go through and re-add my trophy lists :\

Top Bottom