• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I have a big 32GB card. I'm finally part of the 32gb master race!

Yeah no. there is nothing like that,thing is(without exaggeration) 32GB is not big and is not enough.

I went from 8Gb to 16GB to 32GB since May 2012 when I got my PSvita, filled them so fast it's not even funny,32GB will not be good for anyone actually buy games in 2013,and multi cards are annoying, Sony's content manager assistant it trash and slow and don't have decent or any useful or advanced options,Vita's memory card situation is a pure ugly disaster.

Holy crap! Just checked the vita referral site and they updated the leaderboard again:

Travis 45 referrals 1st Place
John 27 referrals 2nd Place
Jacob 18 referrals 3rd Place

lol

wow someone my referrals are being updated. I made 10 referrals 2 say Unsuccessful now, 4 say Accepted and 4 say Success - Pending.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Holy crap! Just checked the vita referral site and they updated the leaderboard again:

lol

wow someone my referrals are being updated. I made 10 referrals 2 say Unsuccessful now, 4 say Accepted and 4 say Success - Pending.

1st place 45

the program was a failure then.

Sony need to bring a price drop and good marketing with super effective ads asap.

lol

Seems like many of mine were unsuccessful. Only 2 of my friends, StarCreator, and Noi worked.

kiyomi

No idea what I'm gonna spend my $20 on when it comes through - if it comes through.

agreed, and honestly i've never been one for trophies - i really dont like them, but for some reason i find myself going after them only recently on vita... wierd.

Hey, either approach is cool, you enjoy it for trophies or whatever reason you want! Unit 13 is a pretty fun game though, happy I took advantage of the sale.

kiyomi

Semi-related : My serial number sticker fell off the other day, is that number in any of the documentation that comes with the system? I still have everything in the box, and I've actually kept the sticker. Wondering if I should glue it back on or something..

Semi-related : My serial number sticker fell off the other day, is that number in any of the documentation that comes with the system? I still have everything in the box, and I've actually kept the sticker. Wondering if I should glue it back on or something..

It should be written on your box somewhere.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Just keep it inside a game case or something.

Mine peeled off months ago and disappeared. I dunno what a serial # looks like for a Vita, but there's a serial on the box it came in. Try that?

I'll be 26 this year so I'm not too far from you, I feel the same way. I remember the days of Faxanadu and Megaman 1-3, etc. I just have a soft spot for awesome pixel art and or chiptune music. I think the main thing people got let down by was how it's really focused on hitting that nostalgia string, which I personally love.

To add contrast, I'm in my 30s and the references were not enjoyable to me from what I played, and because of this, I had no reason to excuse what I felt to be boring/unenjoyable gameplay.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
To add contrast, I'm in my 30s and the references were not enjoyable to me from what I played, and because of this, I had no reason to excuse what I felt to be boring/unenjoyable gameplay.

this about RCR?

yeah, the problem really lack of the actual game play, outside the boring and unfunny references the core gameplay itself is almost not there and is not fun at all,game is just freaking boring,what a waste.

it should've been like a 2D GTA but with Saints Row craziness(someone need to make this).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
this about RCR?

yeah, the problem really lack of the actual game play, outside the boring and unfunny references the core gameplay itself is almost not there and is not fun at all,game is just freaking boring,what a waste.

it should've been like a 2D GTA but with Saints Row craziness(someone need to make this).

I am completely clueless why it ISNT like this.

Dunan

But the risk of failure is part of the game. That's why I wish more games had the Dark Souls save system. Autosaves every few seconds to prevent "retries"

"Rewinding" when things don't go your wya is very much in the spirit of how the Tactics Ogre remake is designed. If Demon's Souls-like autosaving were in the game, the extremely monotonous and tedious crafting system would never have made it past basic quality control.

I am completely clueless why it ISNT like this.

this about RCR?

Yeah, it's about RCR.
And although I'm not a fan of Saint's Row (though 3 is decent), I would've liked that 802104983x more than I liked RCR.

I think back to my playing around in GTA2 and remember I loved finding the flamethrower and setting a pack of Elvis impersonators ablaze.

F*ck those memory cards.. Got the maximum of 16gb on launch for 50 euro(!) and it fills up so quick.. At the same time i refuse to pay for the 32gb, those mem cards are so tiny i wouldn"t want it anywhere else as in my vita..

Wipeout looks excellent btw, loading times are quite long but the game is ok

I saw that MLB 13 The Show has network saves so you can share saves and play the same game on Vita and PS3. I was already buying it for PS3 because I'm a Pirates fan but, now I'm debating the Amazon bundle of both.

Yeah no. there is nothing like that,thing is(without exaggeration) 32GB is not big and is not enough.

I went from 8Gb to 16GB to 32GB since May 2012 when I got my PSvita, filled them so fast it's not even funny,32GB will not be good for anyone actually buy games in 2013,and multi cards are annoying, Sony's content manager assistant it trash and slow and don't have decent or any useful or advanced options,Vita's memory card situation is a pure ugly disaster.

It really is, I didn't realize how bad it was until I just tried to switch to a new card with the same account - I've seen/read the horror stories about people switching to JP accounts and stuff but just having to re-load/re-sync every trophy list is really, really stupid.

I still can't believe this is acceptable. Sure I didn't lose my progress but I've been going through all my games.. problem is several of them I got %100 on a lot and the deleted them.

Also yeah I can already see how 32GB isn't enough, I'm already down to like 22GB :\

Idk, I thought they were great. It seems people either loved or hated the game for it /shrug. Also, I didn't know there was a patch for RCR - you can finally blow the map up and see all the shops and stuff ... SO MUCH BETTER. Cars are faster but for some reason now fire hydrants make your car lose control a bit, which makes getting that "run over 25 pedestrians without stopping" trophy harder to get.

I saw that MLB 13 The Show has network saves so you can share saves and play the same game on Vita and PS3. I was already buying it for PS3 because I'm a Pirates fan but, now I'm debating the Amazon bundle of both.

Doesn't 12 have this as well? I don't have it on PS3, but my copy on Vita has an option for cloud saving. Either way, I think I'm going all in on the bundle this year. I'm very behind on my baseball, but recently I've been more into sports than I used to be, and baseball and hockey take the cake for me. Anyway, I'm excited for 13.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
whats the next game people are looking forward to playing on vita?

considering i am in the middle of 2 rpgs, i plan to play something like Unit 13/Resistance, sonic racing, or sly.

also, shouldnt the OP get updated with new feb releases etc.?

whats the next game people are looking forward to playing on vita?

considering i am in the middle of 2 rpgs, i plan to play something like Unit 13/Resistance, sonic racing, or sly.

also, shouldnt the OP get updated with new feb releases etc.?

I working through a back log at the moment, but the next Vita games I am looking forward to is Urban Trials and Soul Sacrifice.

Carl

So i finally platinum'd Assassin's Creed Liberation the other day. Actually really loved the single player - felt really fresh, the story was pretty good, and Aveline is a fantastic characyer. Sure it has tech issues, but nothing enough to distract from how good the game is.

Also, hi. I'll try not to get banned within a week this time.

Oh and also I've been fooling around with Ecolibrium, here are my thoughts so far:

Awesome concept, shame it's a pay to unlock stuff type model. The gyrometer camera control was cool at first and then I realized it was pissing me off when I was trying to place stuff so I quickly switched to the analog stick.

I feel like they could have easily expanded upon this type of game, it's like the foundation for what could have been a cool sim/RTS game, I dunno, I've just been craving a sim or RTS type game on the Vita is all.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
welcome back carl - glad to see you return to form with your avatar.

don't get banned - not enough futureLab talk without you here...

on a related note - Surge?... meh. lasted two nights on my vita.

winjet81

Today marks the first anniversary of the NA release of my 2012 Vita Game of the Year --> Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational.

As translated DLC seems dead in the water, I'm looking to buy imported version of the game and play on the Japanese server where the online community is still huge... and no, the language barrier isn't much of a concern.

Does anyone know of a tutorial how to get on this server using Vita? Do I need a Japanese PSN account to play? Are multiple save cards needed? Do I have to 'format' my system every time I change regions?

Any help is appreciated.

Top Bottom