• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Carl

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Also, Guacamelee shouldn't be too far away now. I guess i'll be bugging you all to buy it soon enough!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Also, Guacamelee shouldn't be too far away now. I guess i'll be bugging you all to buy it soon enough!

6 hours game.

you will need the game to be super special awesome to be able to do that.

So length = quality now?

Nice.

What interview was that?

6 hour game for a low price sounds more than enough to me.

6 hours game.

you will need the game to be super special awesome to be able to do that.

Mutant Blobs couldn't have been more than 6 hours. And he convinced people to buy that because it was quality. :p

Well, no, but you'd think the shorter the game is it would have to be very good to justify your purchase, no?

Depends on the price and if I like the genre and the game looks like fun.
Dead Space 3 is a mere 10 hours -- a whole 4 hours more than Guacamelee is projected to be.

That happened to me with NFS Most Wanted. Bought the game for £25 and it went down to £20 the next day.

To make it worse, I haven't even played the game that much. D:

I bought it because i thought its a good deal, its not like i want to play it right now. It was 25 pounds like 5 days ago, and i have never assumed that it will go even 5 more pounds down in a matter of one day :S

I wrote to them asking for partial refund, they could lower it to 15 at first, not double discount in 2-3 days... Hoping i will get positive response from them.

ofcourse not, but 6 hours for a metroidvania game is just unacceptable.

What's the average length for a handheld metroidvania?

howlongtobeat.com says most metroidvania handheld games are less than 13 hours with most of them in the 8 hour range.

Metroid Fusion? under 6 hours:
http://howlongtobeat.com/gamebreakdown.php?gameid=498

Even Symphony of the Night can be beaten entirely in less than 8 unless you're a completionist.

So 6 seems reasonable to me.

Vodh

Ridge Racer Vita gets infinitely better with decent headphones and headphones amp. Still, a bit of a shame there's no structured career mode or something. Even if it was really barebones, such as the game suggesting you the next track and racing mode you're supposed to complete it in for as little as 10CR extra, I think it would help the game a LOT.

Still very much worth it for 10 quid.

Still going through all my games and re-adding and re-syncing every trophy list -_- Also, Carl when you were away and we were talking about you I talked about a plot against you and all the other Vitabros/girls, if that means anything :)

whats the next game people are looking forward to playing on vita?
EP2Mk8A.jpg

Hey, anyone mind reffering me for the $20 PSN card? PM if you want.

edit: thanks guys. ZeroAKA got to me first and I'll give it a shot when I get home.

Also, the other day I bought Ridge Racer despite knowing I'll regret it a little. It's alright, but definitely slim on content. Slick though, and nice having to play whenever. All those free music tracks are nice.
There's no one playing it online, though. lol

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
People still remember the shit awesomeness of the Frozen Synapse Vita announcement, right? No new news, just keeping the hype flame alive.

So the alleged PS4 devkit controller has what looks like a bigger version of the Vita's d-pad. I'll be very happy if the final product has it.

Also playing NFS Most Wanted. Man, the Hori grip has just made the game so much more comfortable for me.

is there a general concensus as to which grip is the best? i'd love to try one out and apparently have a shopping addiction.

They've all had mixed responses I think. I love the Hori grip but some people find it too big. The trigger grips have triggers which some people like, but others say they feel cheap (haven't tried it myself). Nyko power grip is probably the best for comfort and its built in battery backup, but I can't find it anywhere. :(

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Nice, whats the eta on Guacamelee?

Q2 2013 (well...they hope)

I'd rather they delay it, it sound like they need more development time, honestly ..just listen at the interview the dudes were all over the map and sound like they are not sure about anything with their game.

and with a delay they should/must

-put the DLCs (yes they are already talking about DLC ffs) in the game instead of having a short 6 hour game.
-Add Co-op for Vita (again ffs)
-Try to be a good developer and make the controls customizable.
-Work on a demo so people can try you freaking game and buy it.

Top Bottom