• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

OmegaZero

TOP OF PAGE IN SPIRIT

BUY NINJA GAIDEN Σ2+ WHEN IT COMES OUT ON TUESDAY

UNLESS YOU LIVE IN GRACE CHEN TIME LIKE ME

THEN WE CAN CRY TOGETHER

branny

Well, passed Chapter 11 of Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus Hard finally. Only took me two weeks to get back on that horse. Still, the tower was total bullshit due to the fucking Gyro aiming. Gyro aiming made it also faster to avoid the bullshit rockets by aiming quickly praying I was aiming right and hitting the top ones and then just hitting the rest on the way down. Hoorah. I can't imagine doing Very Hard/Master Ninja with this shitty bow controls. More so with Master Ninja ranks. Oy.
You know, I hate the forced gyro in NGS+, but the tower part is actually the only time the gyro seems to help me more than manual aiming in other versions of the game. It's bizarre. The gyro can still go die. It wasn't particularly helpful with the Vigoorian Emperor skull fight ugh.

Speaking of that, floating around on the rock right before that second part feels a lot more unresponsive than it does in Black. Is that a Sigma thing or a Sigma Plus thing?

TOP OF PAGE IN SPIRIT

BUY NINJA GAIDEN Σ2+ WHEN IT COMES OUT ON TUESDAY

UNLESS YOU LIVE IN GRACE CHEN TIME LIKE ME

THEN WE CAN CRY TOGETHER
i want to buy it but i don't want to buy it fml

OmegaZero

Speaking of that, floating around on the rock right before that second part feels a lot more unresponsive than it does in Black. Is that a Sigma thing or a Sigma Plus thing?

I think a Σ Plus thing. I remember it being a bit more responsive in Σ.

i want to buy it but i don't want to buy it fml

Have you checked out some Ninja Gaiden Σ2 gameplay to see if the game looks appealing?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Cant wait for the sale to go up. Want to grab that smart ass.

(And MLB)

omg_mjd

Skipped out on the sales for Hotline Miami and Frozen Synapse on Amazon and Steam, respectively, in anticipation of their Vita releases this year. I wanna support the devs and my favorite handheld, even if it means paying full price.

Can't wait for the PSN sale though. Definitely picking up SSD and maybe PSASBR.

(Plus, it doesn't hurt that the Hotline Miami PC version is supposedly unplayable with a gamepad. If I can't play a game on my laptop with a 360 controller I tend to just skip it anyway. I've already managed to destroy a ThinkPad's WASD keys and space bar thanks to my late-90's FPS obsession.)

Hanmik

Soul Sacrifice Will Have 10+ Free DLC Bosses, Paid DLC Episodes

Soul Sacrifice will be available in Japan on March 7 and Sony Computer Entertainment plans on supporting the PlayStation Vita game with extra content after it launches. More than 10 bosses will be distributed as free downloadable content.

Want even more Soul Sacrifice? Sony plans on expanding the game with additional episodes which will be sold as paid downloadable content.

Soul Sacrifice is slated for release on April 30 in North America and May 1 in Europe

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/26/soul-sacrifice-will-have-10-free-dlc-bosses-paid-dlc-episodes/

Massa

(Plus, it doesn't hurt that the Hotline Miami PC version is supposedly unplayable with a gamepad. If I can't play a game on my laptop with a 360 controller I tend to just skip it anyway. I've already managed to destroy a ThinkPad's WASD keys and space bar thanks to my late-90's FPS obsession.)

The game is actually easier with a gamepad, that's how I played it on PC.

I mentioned this before but I am heading to Tokyo next week and I want to pick up Soul Sacrifice. Anyone in the US want to go in on a double pack?

Also I will be coming back with this:

Got to love region free hardware!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Isn't there an option to disable the gyro controls in the settings?

:lol No.

Also they're bringing that Toro social app to America, apparently. Good to see SCEA/SCEJ finally not trying to censor Toro everywhere. Maybe now people will stop going "OMG WTF IS THIS CAT"

Tizoc

Anyone played the new Generation of Chaos game released last week?
It's one of the games I'm thinking of getting, but want to hear impressions on the gameplay.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Toro station was amazing. I would've killed for an English translation of the news, even if it was months late.

I still want to know Japan's waste management/trash industry. Toro and Kuro visited there and it seemed like an interesting (and funny) episode. :(

Cha

I remember a few people here suggesting the "8in1 Cross Button" analog protector thingies, so i picked up a set. Gotta say, the circular design feels really good!

Redhood

So soul sacrifice got 37/40 from famitsu! Hope it sells well and sets the chart on fire!

Soul Sacrifice, the PS Vita’s newest action role-playing game developed by Marvelous AQL and Sony’s Japan Studio received a 10,9,9,9 [ 37/40 ] . The game will reportedly take up to 25 hours to complete and was praised for its multiplayer.

QP3

I mentioned this before but I am heading to Tokyo next week and I want to pick up Soul Sacrifice. Anyone in the US want to go in on a double pack?

Also I will be coming back with this:

Got to love region free hardware!

Please tell me you will be providing pics of the new device!

Bit.Trip comes out on all platforms today. Is the Vita included?

I know it's coming to Vita. But the blog has made no mention of it.

No.

Runner2 will deliver a newly polygonal Commander Video to you on Wii U, PC, Mac, and Linux today, with XBLA following on Wednesday and PSN for PS3 early next month. Vita (!) and iOS (!) will be in the summer.

Top Bottom