• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

lol I'm fairly certain Shahid just posted a Tweet saying "AAA games are great, but aren't there only 6 left?" or something to that equivalent before apparently deleting it.

there are maybe only six left on vita
If that's true, maybe he meant that across the entire industry, there are only six series that can be considered AAA. So while it's great to have them, they're fewer and farther between?

Probably best not giving that blowhard the time of day though.

Oh, top of the page. Buy DOA5+ next month.

If that's true, maybe he meant that across the entire industry, there are only six series that can be considered AAA. So while it's great to have them, they're fewer and farther between?

Probably best not giving that blowhard the time of day though.
Or 6-ish AAA titles left on the PS3 before developers start shifting over to PS4/nextgen. Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, God of War, Army of Two/Fuse(these two are debatable lol), The Last of Us, Splinter Cell.

Regarding those tweets I'm just happy with all the indie games we seem to be getting. I'd love more AAA games but I'm still happy with the system. It also helps that I never had a PSone or bought many PSP games so I'm rediscovering those.

About the referral program do you just need to give your email to someone?

Or 6-ish AAA titles left on the PS3 before developers start shifting over to PS4/nextgen. Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, God of War, Army of Two/Fuse(these two are debatable lol), The Last of Us, Splinter Cell.

Beyond and puppeteer, probably another call of duty/Assassins creed too though they'll probably be cross gen.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if we get another big franchise game. Sony put it god of war II after the PS3 I though.

I really want FTL to come to vita. Game looks interesting but I can't really play games on my computer. I always end up browsing the web. I need a dedicated machine.

I really want FTL to come to vita. Game looks interesting but I can't really play games on my computer. I always end up browsing the web. I need a dedicated machine.

"We are talking to them" is what i've heard most recently. But that was coming from someone getting it second hand. So consider this third hand.

Takao

Banned
So I went off on PSM, discuss the complete flop of the platform so far:

Happion Labs, developer of sixty second shooter Deluxe stated that the game has grossed a paltry $2000 since launch in late October. The $2.79 game currently sits with a 4.73 star rating (out of five) after 34 reviews on the PlayStation Mobile store. This doesn't seem to be an isolated case either, as Super Icon's Life of Pixel (sitting at a 4.22 after 86 ratings with a price tag of $1.99) has been described as commercially "disappointing so far", with the revenue generated failing to "afford half a programmer a month". Despite this, the company will be releasing an extensive update to the title to address some of the complaints users, and reviewers had this week.

And give oodles of suggestions on how Sony can improve the situation.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I'm sure glad Sony is moneyhating indies, that's the best way to go for the Vita IMHO.

Too Little too late

they didn't have a clear strategy for the thing from the start,sometime was the PS3 on the go and didn't went well now it's XBLI in ya pocket, but if they are serious they need the popular indie (DayZ/Minecraft) because if they went with stuff no one care about this will be PSM all over again.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Eighty one needs to go back to his real avatar, realtalk. :(

I honestly can't care about most indies. Hotline Miami? That's a pass.

Give me a Disgaea 4 port and other ports.

Takao

Banned
Give me a Disgaea 4 port and other ports.

Speaking of which:

Sony announced they will drop the price of PlayStation Vita in Japan. What are your future plans for Vita support? Is NIS thinking about making new titles or porting existing games to Vita?

I think Sony made the right move lowering the price. The reason being even in Japan, the Vita is not selling really well. In order to get people interested, and to get system out there, I think lowering the price is a very good idea. That being said, the second component, maybe a larger component is software.

Yes. We will definitely develop games for Vita in the future. Right now we are gauging the fan base’s needs about what kind of titles do they want for Vita. And base on that, looking at that, what kind of game that we come up with. We will most likely develop titles for it, based on that.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/2...and-thoughts-on-vita-ps4/#QyEY0IXbgzqS1iZW.99

Indies are not the only thing that sony is doing. It's just a market they saw emerge in the last year with digital sales of Mutant Blobs Attack, Escape Plan and others - and naturally are going deeper into it since it was successful. But it's not like they aren't making Killzone anymore. They want a balanced portfolio.

Though I would guess (and really, i'm just guessing, no one told me this) that they see this as a bridge to when the PS4 comes out and the device becomes much more useful to more people.

But take, say, 10 indies, 6 or so new indie/PSN games... and the bigger titles that we know like KZ, Tearaway, Y's, soul sacrifice, Velocity Ultra, NGS2, MLB The show, muramasa, god eater 2... and you have a pretty solid lineup. And we know, being that it's february, that there's more coming than just that.

Sales suck, everything is doomed, none of these games are system sellers... fine, whatever - not arguing that. But as someone who owns the device there sure are a lot of freaking games I need to somehow come up with money for.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Toto have you ever played Coded Soul tbh?

No,it's Japanese only,and I don't read/understand Japanese.

however I got Jewel Summoner and Folklore(multiple versions), the two that got released in English of Cozy Okada's Monster Kingdom projects.

chixdiggit

Thinking about getting the items below. Anything I should pass on?

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price PS Plus Sale
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $35.99 $25.19 $17.63
ModNation Racers: Road Trip $17.99 $13.99 $9.79
PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale $35.99 $25.19 $17.63
Super Stardust Delta $9.99 $6.99 $4.89

Sol1dus

Hotshots golf (raises flame shield)

MNR is the only dud in that bunch but for $10 is not that bad. It's not the fact the it has framerate problems and looks blurry, it's the fact the it doesn't feature online gameplay. WTF.

Kyon

Banned
Some really nice new Tearaway footage (although short) from an episode of Gametrailers TV. It starts around the 15:00 mark after that last line break.

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/ymgp4z/gt-tv-star-trek

OMG *_________*

Can someone gif this?

however I got Jewel Summoner and Folklore(multiple versions), the two that got released in English of Cozy Okada's Monster Kingdom projects.

Oh ok! I still haven't played jewel summoner

Redhood

don't buy this non native res frame rate dropping crap of a game with horrendous slowdowns!

Fusebox

Banned

Shit now I feel racist for assuming you were Japanese. Are you Korean?

But as someone who owns the device there sure are a lot of freaking games I need to somehow come up with money for.

This is my only issue with my vita atm...

that and a proper Vita TD game would be nice, kinda suprised we havent seen one yet as the vita seems perfect for it (and no PvZ does not count)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

skip ModNation (horrible framerate and loading times,bad tracks) and All Stars (Supers focused mess,lack of epic story mode,bad presentation,bad roster)

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
don't buy this non native res frame rate dropping crap of a game with horrendous slowdowns!
MNR shouldn't even exist. Sonic Racing is where it's at.
I wonder how much of sales of PSM games come from Android... I would imagine not much. Such a freaking disgrace.I was kinda excited when they introduced this but seriously.... Smh

PSM is one of the reason I have a lot of doubt about the promises Sony has made for Ps4...
Honestly, I kind of think it's yet another of those Sony things that comes out as a pet project by one department or another then just gets ignored.
Like the Vita
It seems to happen a lot - they promise the world then forget to actually give a shit about any of it.

ta9qi

i have no history in Golf games, never put this game in my plan before, should i get Hot Shots Golf from the discount? i hear always many people advising others for this!
i feel one sport game at least will be good in each portable device, played so much in virtual tennis before!

Takao

Banned
I wonder how much of sales of PSM games come from Android... I would imagine not much. Such a freaking disgrace.I was kinda excited when they introduced this but seriously.... Smh

PSM is one of the reason I have a lot of doubt about the promises Sony has made for Ps4...

Vita should be the reason you doubt Sony's promises.

Who in the world releases a platform knowing they don't have any of the predecessors best selling software lined up?

Who in the world releases a platform knowing they don't have any of the predecessors best selling software lined up?
That's the saddest part. It's one thing to launch without securing the third party mega-sellers, but to go over a year without any word on GoW or GT for Vita?

It's like if Nintendo launched 3DS and didn't announce a Mario or Pokemon game until after its second E3. Unthinkable.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
i have no history in Golf games, never put this game in my plan before, should i get Hot Shots Golf from the discount? i hear always many people advising others for this!
i feel one sport game at least will be good in each portable device, played so much in virtual tennis before!

im 100% for hot shots personally....but since you seem to really enjoy tennis games maybe get virtua tennis 4... a lot of people seem to love that one too.

cyborg009

Banned

Makes me frustrated. But what's even worse is top developers won't even make titles for the Vita. Sony really has given them too freedom. You'll never see Retro say their not making or Microsoft studio with kinect games.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Makes me frustrated. But whats even worse is top developers won't even make titles for the Vita. Sony really has given them a lot of freedom.
The fact that so many of Sony's own studios aren't fussed about make games for it says a lot. Still remains one of my favourite systems but it's painfully clear it's not even remotely a priority for Sony - and again makes you question why it was even made, really.

VanWinkle

You have to think about this. If I have a nice Android phone with the Play Store, why on EARTH would I possibly buy anything on PSM? Futurlab's PSM games are good, but there are thousands of games on the play store that are far bigger and better than those, and they are they best ones on PSM! So I think very very few people are buying on Android. It's not like they have any reason to. It makes me mad that it failed and it's even a disgrace compared to PS minis! I was very excited for it.

Top Bottom