• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Takao

Banned
That's the saddest part. It's one thing to launch without securing the third party mega-sellers, but to go over a year without any word on GoW or GT for Vita?

It's like if Nintendo launched 3DS and didn't announce a Mario or Pokemon game until after its second E3. Unthinkable.

Gran Turismo is a debacle. It's pretty clear that Sony's going to announce either another Gran Turismo for PS3 (WHY) or one for PS4 before they give Vita an entry. For a variety of reasons this is a stupid decision. Had Sony given a Gran Turismo to Vita early they would be ensuring the platform with a system seller that would sell for the entire shelf life of the platform. Polyphony would be able to deliver the best sim racer on a mobile device ever, and Gran Turismo fans looking for a new fix would only have the Vita iteration to look forward too. Instead, if Vita ever gets a GT it'll be after $10 games on iOS look better, and Gran Turismo fans are too busy counting down the days until GT PS4.

You have to think about this. If I have a nice Android phone with the Play Store, why on EARTH would I possibly buy anything on PSM? Futurlab's PSM games are good, but there are thousands of games on the play store that are far bigger and better than those, and they are they best ones on PSM! So I think very very few people are buying on Android. It's not like they have any reason to. It makes me mad that it failed and it's even a disgrace compared to PS minis! I was very excited for it.

That's why I suggested bringing PSone Classics to PSM on Android. There's no legitimate way to play FF7 or the likes on those devices. Getting those users in there may get them to check out the original software too.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
That's why I suggested bringing PSone Classics to PSM on Android. There's no legitimate way to play FF7 or the likes on those devices. Getting those users in there may get them to check out the original software too.
Would also create yet another reason for people not to buy a Vita :p

Vita should be the reason you doubt Sony's promises.

Who in the world releases a platform knowing they don't have any of the predecessors best selling software lined up?

I thought for sure they would have small teams break out of their major studios similar to MM, but clearly their focus for first party is PS4. There is still hope though, Sucker Punch has a second team we haven't heard from yet and santa monica is huge, and evolution has grown as well. It is disheartening to realize this but the Vita seems designed and supported to be a companion device to the PS4 rather than a true standalone.

Truthfully I am ok with this. There a lot of games still to come and Bend's second title, and a gravity rush sequel both seem to be in the works as well. Combine that with a natively supported remote play for PS4 and I am a happy owner, but would glady take more.

Takao

Banned
Would also create yet another reason for people not to buy a Vita :p

It gives Android users a library to migrate if they ever decide to buy a Vita. Especially given they would have to deal with this abomination if they're not on Xperia Play:

XPT96ZQ.jpg

Sony's goal for PSM was to enable users who never owned a PlayStation platform to get a chance to join those experiences. PSone Classics would be an easy way to do that.

Takao

Banned
Maybe, MAYBE, sales on PSM would improve if they made it avalible in more than 5 countries.

That's the first thing I mention in my article. It's amazing that the SDK is available in more regions than the PSM store is. Someone in Hong Kong can make a game, but they can't get any of their friends or family to buy it, lol.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Shit now I feel racist for assuming you were Japanese. Are you Korean?

uh..why do you even think I'm asian..

..wait..do you think that I'm the girl in the avatar?
:|

yeah I'm a super cute Japanese gravure idol

and here is me
tumblr_miahzez8fd1rje8eao1_250.gif

yup

sorry to crush your dream but no I'm not her

wilflare

finally completed Uncharted:GA...
I enjoyed the game... but it did feel like a drawn out affair..

(It did not quite have the same magic as Uncharted 2 :/)

hope Naughty Dogs will release another game on the Vita (though GA was not by them)

WORLDTree

I think we should save the last ten or so posts in case anyone wants to call us insular or biased, bu that's getting off topic.

Finally got enough time to play the new DLC in PSASBR, really liking Kat, but while her level 1 is nice, how do you combo into it? Even against AI I seem to have difficulties landing it because of the start up.

Sol1dus

I think we should save the last ten or so posts in case anyone wants to call us insular or biased, bu that's getting off topic.

Finally got enough time to play the new DLC in PSASBR, really liking Kat, but while her level 1 is nice, how do you combo into it? Even against AI I seem to have difficulties landing it because of the start up.

I usually punch into it, grab and as soon as I throw the person I run close enough and do it.

Bullza2o

tumblr_miahzez8fd1rje8eao1_250.gif

yup

sorry to crush your dream but no I'm not her
What's the name?

Dunno, Asian avatar, Asian name, sometimes broken English. Seemed a safe bet.

I'm Asian :)

on topic: My very first week of participating in NA PS+ suspense and I was utterly disappointed with the new Vita game :(
Part of me was happy I got Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ and part of me thinks I should have waited next week before signing up.

WORLDTree

What's the name?

I'm Asian :)

on topic: My very first week of participating in NA PS+ suspense and I was utterly disappointed with the new Vita game :(
Part of me was happy I got Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ and part of me thinks I should have waited next week before signing up.

^Shizuka sumthindasumthin, and yeah not every week is awesome, thought I wonder what the next retail title is going to be?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Dunno, Asian avatar, Asian name, sometimes broken English. Seemed a safe bet.

Always broken English (yeah i'm not ashamed of it, its mostly a self taught effort)

finally completed Uncharted:GA...
I enjoyed the game... but it did feel like a drawn out affair..

(It did not quite have the same magic as Uncharted 2 :/)

hope Naughty Dogs will release another game on the Vita (though GA was not by them)

I don't think ND will ever make a game on Vita

same with SP and Santa Monica, heck if DriveClub go big you can count Evo as console only studio too.

there are always their B-teams with their small games like Tearaway 64 and Killzone spinoffs.

What's the name?

Shizuka Nakamura

Re: Bioshock on Vita

“I’ve got my fingers crossed that that’s going to happen because it’s something I want to do. But until somebody starts signing the checks, there’s nothing I can do,” said Ken Levine.
Ken_Levine.jpg
Ken_Levine.jpg
Ken_Levine.jpg
Ken_Levine.jpg
Ken_Levine.jpg

Always broken English (yeah i'm not ashamed of it, its mostly a self taught effort)

I don't think ND will ever make a game on Vita

same with SP and Santa Monica, heck if DriveClub go big you can count Evo as console only studio too.

there are always their B-teams with their small games like Tearaway 64 and Killzone spinoffs.

Shizuka Nakamura

My disappointment is palpable. I also believed that Totobeni was a Japanese gravure model irl.

Sadness.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

realistic scenario for Bioshock Vita

-Sony pay Take two 12 million something for Bioshock Vita.
-Ken Says he got no team anymore and wont do it.
-2K hire Gearbox for the project.
-Gearbox take the 12 million and put them into Boraderland 3 development.
-Gearbox just fart again and re-skin Aliens: Colonial Marines with Bioshock themed levels and ship it on Vita.

ta9qi

yes.
dont ask why, just buy it, and you can thank us later with gummi bears
m 100% for hot shots personally....but since you seem to really enjoy tennis games maybe get virtua tennis 4... a lot of people seem to love that one too.
about tennis i meant virtua tennis 4 in my post p=
i think i will go for it, thanks guys

about tennis i meant virtua tennis 4 in my post p=
i think i will go for it, thanks guys

VTennis is awesome. I prefer the HSG IP over VT overall but these 2 matched up id push for vtennis....just overall better but vtennis not on sale for a decent price so grab dat shit

zulux21

realistic scenario for Bioshock Vita

-Sony pay Take two 12 million something for Bioshock Vita.
-Ken Says he got no team anymore and wont do it.
-2K hire Gearbox for the project.
-Gearbox take the 12 million and put them into Boraderland 3 development.
-Gearbox just fart again and re-skin Aliens: Colonial Marines with Bioshock themed levels and ship it on Vita.

i'd be ok with this as I would enjoy borderlands 3 with extra funds and not buy the bioshock game anyways :p

anyways the price drop hits japan in a few days, how do people feel sales numbers in march will be for the vita in japan?

100k?
200k?
18 million?

im hoping at least 200k, the vita has a solid line up in march in japan and the price cut... if they can't in a month move what the 3ds is doing in a week there is little hope for a vita recovery like the psp had :/

ZeroAKA

im hoping at least 200k, the vita has a solid line up in march in japan and the price cut... if they can't in a month move what the 3ds is doing in a week there is little hope for a vita recovery like the psp had :/
That's an average of 50k a week... Highly unlikely IMO.

Ran rp

Honestly, if Sony makes good on their promise for universal Vita remote play then I don't even care about AAA native games anymore. 99% of my Vita gaming is done at home, and the other 1% is spent elsewhere playing a few time wasters. If it becomes nothing more than an indie + streaming machine, then cool.

Give me Gravity Rush 2 on the PS4 and let me stream it at 960x544 and I'll be happy.

Takao

Banned
PSY・S;48309832 said:
Honestly, if Sony makes good on their promise for universal Vita remote play then I don't even care about AAA native games anymore. 99% of my Vita gaming is done at home, and the other 1% is spent elsewhere playing a few time wasters. If it becomes nothing more than an indie + streaming machine, then cool.

Give me Gravity Rush 2 on the PS4 and let me stream it at 960x544 and I'll be happy.

How about no.

There are people out there who own a Vita, and aren't guaranteed to buy a PS4. Doing shit like abandoning Vita, and responding with "LOL you have Gaikai! Just need to buy this $400 piece of equipment!" is a horrible way to treat customers.

Shoyz

Man, redoing 1-2 minute races in Wipeout 2048 was annoying, now there's 8 minute races? Didn't think I'd find a game less fun to play than Let's Fish..

But what I'd give for another Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force game :( Especially if it went back to the format of 1-3, and had co-op vs. AI tag dueling.

WORLDTree

How about no.

There are people out there who own a Vita, and aren't guaranteed to buy a PS4. Doing shit like abandoning Vita, and responding with "LOL you have Gaikai! Just need to buy this $400 piece of equipment!" is a horrible way to treat customers.

Well at least someone still believes in Vita exclusives.

I wonder how heavy the magical dream-like rebound would have to be for "Wasted on Vita/Should be on console" to stop being an expectation in software threads.

Anyway that's off topic, what do you guys think the next retail plus game is going to be? I'd really appreciate a free online game or something more niche like Ragnarok (as it fills both and relieves me of the need to buy another game).

zroid

Banned
BB and FS restocked the $10 copies of Smart As. Skipped it last time but am tempted again... ;\

But I kinda want Brain Age more and don't think I want both. decisions

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, passed Chapter 11 of Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus Hard finally. Only took me two weeks to get back on that horse. Still, the tower was total bullshit due to the fucking Gyro aiming. Gyro aiming made it also faster to avoid the bullshit rockets by aiming quickly praying I was aiming right and hitting the top ones and then just hitting the rest on the way down. Hoorah. I can't imagine doing Very Hard/Master Ninja with this shitty bow controls. More so with Master Ninja ranks. Oy.

Ran rp

How about no.

I said that I'll be happy.

I'm talking about for my own personal use. I've wanted the Vita to succeed from day one, and still do, but it doesn't look like Sony is putting much of an effort into making that happen. I'm satisfied with what I've gotten out of the Vita so far and I'd still be satisfied if I only used it to stream games from now on.

I'm not speaking for every Vita owner.

Edit: It's not like we've been treated well anyway. Why aren't all of the compatible PSP and PSOne games up on the Vita store? Why can't I have more than one account on a single device? Why aren't Sony shelling out for exclusives to give this thing some legs?

Shoyz

Well, passed Chapter 11 of Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus Hard finally. Only took me two weeks to get back on that horse. Still, the tower was total bullshit due to the fucking Gyro aiming. Gyro aiming made it also faster to avoid the bullshit rockets by aiming quickly praying I was aiming right and hitting the top ones and then just hitting the rest on the way down. Hoorah. I can't imagine doing Very Hard/Master Ninja with this shitty bow controls. More so with Master Ninja ranks. Oy.

Isn't there an option to disable the gyro controls in the settings?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
What are the differences between super stardust hd and delta?

Edit: i just discovered that i hadnt used all my free downloads for when psn got hacked!! So now do i get the wipeout bundle or superstardust hd?? I want superstardust but dont want to get it if its very similar to Delta which ill get on vita sale tom.

Takao

Banned
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus Japanese launch trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IhFjdYluATU#!

PSY・S;48311474 said:
Edit: It's not like we've been treated well anyway. Why aren't all of the compatible PSP and PSOne games up on the Vita store? Why can't I have more than one account on a single device? Why aren't Sony shelling out for exclusives to give this thing some legs?

1) Because SCEA is lazier than I am.
2) Because Sony believes handhelds are personal devices. Consoles are family devices, therefore multiple accounts are support.
3) It hurts to answer this question.

What are the differences between super stardust hd and delta?

They're different games.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Doubt ud be able to. I had my ps3 at the time but long story short only used 1 of each free download...but nestled deep in account settings-etc- services list. I found the remaining promo downloads i hadnt used and they hadnt expired. So i just got killzone psp and now stardust hd.

Speaking of killzone psp- is that vIta compatible?

VanWinkle

BB and FS restocked the $10 copies of Smart As. Skipped it last time but am tempted again... ;\

But I kinda want Brain Age more and don't think I want both. decisions

It's a great game and a good deal different than Brain Age, both in content and presentation. I would get both, personally. I mean, it's 1/3 of the price of Brain Age.

famfrit

But take, say, 10 indies, 6 or so new indie/PSN games... and the bigger titles that we know like KZ, Tearaway, Y's, soul sacrifice, Velocity Ultra, NGS2, MLB The show, muramasa, god eater 2... and you have a pretty solid lineup. And we know, being that it's february, that there's more coming than just that.

Sales suck, everything is doomed, none of these games are system sellers... fine, whatever - not arguing that. But as someone who owns the device there sure are a lot of freaking games I need to somehow come up with money for.

Put Invizimals in that list.

famfrit

How about no.

There are people out there who own a Vita, and aren't guaranteed to buy a PS4. Doing shit like abandoning Vita, and responding with "LOL you have Gaikai! Just need to buy this $400 piece of equipment!" is a horrible way to treat customers of VITA.

But a excellent way to treat customers of PS3/PS4. /trollface

Top Bottom