• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

February Challenge: Gravity Race!

Game: Gravity Rush
The Challenge: Auldnoir Free Race
Objective: Clear the race in the fastest time possible!
How to Enter: PM me a screenshot of your time, whether at the end of the race or in the statistics page.
Current time to beat: 00'35"90

Well, glad I brought my Vita to work today...

That is my time, and still feel I could have a second or two off of it, but how in the world did people at the top of the world leaderboards get sub 20 second times!? o_O

I think I could pull off a 20 second run given infinite time (and a way shorter load time between retries would help, thanks). If I put together the best aspects of all my runs so far into a single run, it would easily be under the 30 second mark.

Dec

The results for that vote should be in today right? Do I need a PS3 to play Legend of Dragoon on Vita (hopefully it wins)?

Takao

Banned
lol my PSM post created quite the response on n4g:

a story like this is just trying to gather hit's, here is a true fact, not every d@mn game on electronic network distribution is going to be a hit, and this story blog user is trying to say that Playstation Mobile is a bust on a sample size of just a few games?

that's like saying, hey lets take a few games on android and a few select developer's with their experience on Android and iOS and cherry pick the worst selling, and most unapealing ROI, to show an entire service in Bad light. Hell anyone can do that, does that make it true? nope. So please get on with your view and carry on, that does mean what you say is true? No

it just means you have an opinion that , maybe not everyone share's. Nor think is the only outcome that is a viable opinion!

hell even some playstation gamer's share this opinion as the service is a bust just as some do not share the same view.

http://community.us.playsta...

i mean this was said about the PSVita before it went to open release in the US:

http://techli.com/2012/02/5...

so really nothing new with being negative heard it before and Im sure we will keep hearing it again.
and Again, and yet further Again. but yet there is a 50/50 chance in life thing's will or will not happen it does or does not happen, until Sony stop's support on Playstation Mobile or wonderbook they are not a Bust!

Massa

keoojvjhj:iphone

sajj316

lol my PSM post created quite the response on n4g:

Excellent post and I agree with everything you've said. I think psnstores.com does a better job of promoting PSM titles than PlayStation.blog. The Vita Store and PSM section needs to be unified. They need a top 10 PSM games section within the Vita store. Enable PSM with SEN Store, etc ..

Does anyone have stats on how many PSM games have been released in 2012. How many in 2013 so far. Number of games in the pipeline (known), etc...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
PSY・S;48337936 said:

Ubi having faith in Vita :|

my guess that it's an AssCreed4 spin off since that the only IP that sells.

So soul sacrifice got 37/40 from famitsu! Hope it sells well and sets the chart on fire!

famitsu scores mean absolutely nothing.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
That they even have to make this statement, especially with the "yet", is depressing enough.

it was an interview with a Dutch website,I don't speak that language but I'm sure it was an answer to a question about Vita situation/support.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
When is the sale supposed to be up? GCT?

Anyone played the new Generation of Chaos game released last week?
It's one of the games I'm thinking of getting, but want to hear impressions on the gameplay.

I picked up the new generation of Chaos game, not that I played either of the other two titles released in America (GoC, and Aedis ecplise), but because I like weird FONTs and ST!NG.

The game plays similar to Ogre battle in how you manage your characters, but the attack/battle sequences are by timing button presses. You can follow up your individual attacks with other characters provided they are in range.

The game is menu driven, and after every battle you have the option to play an additional battle on that map for additional AP and EXP.

AP is used for powering up weapons or you can convert it to EXP.

I have not played it much, but that is the gist of the battles/character systems.

OH, everything has a voiceover, but they are all in Japanese. No dubbing is present in the title.

nampad

As Smart As is on sale and some people seem interested in the game, I will write something about it. Bought it at launch and have played around 4-5 hours, mostly daily training and some street challenges. Haven't unlocked every game yet.

It is a good pick up and play game and I find myself picking it up often just for playing the daily training once. The games are varied and most of them are fun to play. The handwriting recognition and overall input works most of the time but can screw you over sometimes, what can be really frustrating because of the impact on your score is relatively big.
The leaderboard features are well integrated. You can see how you are ranked with people in your hometown, country and continent and also rankings for those. Also there are daily questions with two possible answers from which the game compares both groups of answers. The questions are funny and it is interesting to see which group is smarter in the end. In the loading screens the game keeps telling you how good you are compared to others, who is currently the smartest or holds a record for a game.

The Daily Training is the meat of the game as your score will be determined by it. You can play it as often as you want but the first game on a day sets your score for that day. Unfortunately all games played in the daily training mode will be on easy which gets unsatisfying and a little bit boring. I get that everybody has to play on the same difficulty so the scores are comparable but easy gets easy way to fast.

An alternative would be playing the street challenges as the difficulty for the games varies but the street challenges only change every 72 hours or so. Also you can train the games in free play mode and set your difficulty level. Both modes just don't add to the daily score with all the integration it has.

Another point of criticism has to be the voice acting which was surprising for me. John Cleese delivery of the lines isn't that good and it seems to me that they have only let him record like 10 lines overall. They repeat very often and you know most of them after just a short playtime, really disappointing.

Overall, the game is ok and the PS+ price seems fine. Wouldn't disagree with people saying it was way too overpriced at launch. If someone buys it, feel free to add me as a friend, PSN ID is same as here. Need someone to compare scores with ;)

zulux21

since people in here would be interested apparently there is going to be a rebate going on with psn buys next month

Starting February 26 and throughout the month of March, we’ll be offering you the chance to get $10 back for EVERY $50 you spend using your SEN Wallet! This means that if you spent $100 you’d receive $20 back at the end in April. Everything from games, movies and TV shows — anything that accepts SEN Wallet funds — is fair game. If you were thinking of subscribing to PlayStation Plus, now’s a great time to do it. Grab the 1-year membership for $49.99 to get the most of your PSN experience, plus a little extra cash back.

That Shahid dude is tweeting that he loves a bunch of developers, all of them have made Vita games. I don't know if this is anything to do with those secret indie games for Vita or not...

EDIT: Some of them haven't made Vita games, actually. One of them was the Thomas Was Alone dev.

Okay so I am new to the Vita world. I only got mine on Sunday because my IGC was building up and I felt the need!

Anyway I have been looking at PSO2, which appears to be coming out on PC and Vita in the US on Thursday, and that it is Free to Play on both platforms?

Any idea if that is in the UK too? Am I even right about this? Seems like a big deal that no news sites are talking about...

zulux21

Okay so I am new to the Vita world. I only got mine on Sunday because my IGC was building up and I felt the need!

Anyway I have been looking at PSO2, which appears to be coming out on PC and Vita in the US on Thursday, and that it is Free to Play on both platforms?

Any idea if that is in the UK too? Am I even right about this? Seems like a big deal that no news sites are talking about...

the only place that will have PSO this week will be Japan.
There is an english PC version confirmed for release but there is no date set.
At this time there is no confirmation that the Vita version will get an english release.

when/if they get released though it is indeed free to play.

ZeroAKA

What? I don't think a localization for PSO2 Vita has even been announced yet.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
B-b-but what about the blood?
Or the new sexy outfits for the girls? :(

60fps+better controls and sticks > all this stuff. (Playing the super fast Ayane in 30fps is just wrong)

I just want to say, for anyone if you have a PS3 and this is your first time with NG2 get the PS3 version.

What? I don't think a localization for PSO2 Vita has even been announced yet.

and I doubt that SEGA will ever do it.

Well only two more days left for the Vita referral program. If any has bought a new Vita recently or if you are planning on buying one before the 28th and want to get $20 in PSN credit, go to http://psvita.amplifinity.com/offer then enter my referral number: 14224003

The main rules for the referral program are its only for the U.S., you have to be 18 or over and your Vita has to be new that you are registering.

Takao

Banned
Excellent post and I agree with everything you've said. I think psnstores.com does a better job of promoting PSM titles than PlayStation.blog. The Vita Store and PSM section needs to be unified. They need a top 10 PSM games section within the Vita store. Enable PSM with SEN Store, etc ..

Does anyone have stats on how many PSM games have been released in 2012. How many in 2013 so far. Number of games in the pipeline (known), etc...

2012: 42
2013: 11

Upcoming stuff is impossible to track since anyone can make a game for PSM.

QP3

seems like my referral was unsuccessful :/
did anyone with the AC:L White Vita Amazon bundle managed to get the referral?

I did. Bought mine in early December from Amazon (used) and someone here on gaf referred me and it went through fine.

Top Bottom