• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Don't know how convincing it is but Sound Shapes puts a smile on my face every time I play it. Wearing headphones is definitely the way to go with that game.

I haven't gotten involved with the creative aspects of the game but I have enjoyed the levels that ship with it.
Sounds good. I'll get it sometime soon then. Thanks. :)

Soul Sacrifice Transformation Modes, Kraken and Slime:

"The two situational options given to you will be between save or sacrificing certain monsters upon killing them. If you go with the sacrifice option, it will raise your magic power level. On the other hand, choosing the save option will raise your ‘life force’ level. Whichever one you pick, you’ll gain new abilities and will also accordingly change in appearance. In return, you’ll lose EXP points of the other side."

Chaos Mode:

l_51233ccc463d7.jpg
l_51233cca419b5.jpg

"Once you’ve reached the limit of your magic power level, you can transform into Chaos Mode. This fearsome transformation focuses on powering up the wizards to take on all monsters. Leveling up more will further change their appearance."

Holy Mode:
l_51233ccde7d8f.jpg

"Wizards that take their Life Force to an extreme level by continuously relieving monster can transform into Holy Mode. If you keep going along the path of saving monsters, the Holy Mode transformation will also change its form accordingly. Wizards in Holy Mode are a sign of forgiveness, but are their decisions truly an act of justice?"

Kraken:

l_51233cd0184e3.jpg

"The Kraken is a monster with an appearance of a squid and octopus. This giant monster has eerie looking tentacles and what looks like a boat in its midsection. It makes you wonder what kind of desire could’ve caused that poor soul to transform into that!"

"Kraken uses swift tentacle attacks which can freely attack its surroundings. If you’re not careful, you could end up being blindsided by one of its tentacles."

Slime:

l_51233cc85d774.jpg

"The Slime monster isn’t your average weakling Slime we’ve grown accustomed to in other games. Not only in terms of power but it’s also quite the ugly monster. It uses its semi-liquid body to attack wizards. Its movements are considerably slow, but it can stretch for long reach and can also split apart to perform different types of attacks against its opponent. Underestimating this messy monster could mean trouble!"

Link

wow just booted up plants vs zombies on vita.... though i find it harder to tap on the seeds to plant than on iphone, overall i think it has added features which is nice. will def play this version over my iphone now.

multiplayer would be sweet in pvZ, where someone sends out zombies and someone defends with plants.. or you have plants and zombies to send out against eachother.. hmm this gives me ideas....

I was tempted to pick up both Super Stardust and Unit 13, but I decided to download the demos first. Super Stardust is awesome, but I find that I'm pretty burnt out on it after playing so much of the PS3 version. As for Unit 13, I don't know what you guys see in this game. I've got to agree with whoever stated that it looked like a PSP game a few pages back. I just don't get the love for this one.

Because SCEA sucks.

Actually, there is one case where SCEA is doing people a favor. :lol

I was tempted to pick up both Super Stardust and Unit 13, but I decided to download the demos first. Super Stardust is awesome, but I find that I'm pretty burnt out on it after playing so much of the PS3 version. As for Unit 13, I don't know what you guys see in this game. I've got to agree with whoever stated that it looked like a PSP game a few pages back. I just don't get the love for this one.

So are you judging it on it's graphics or it's gameplay.
The love for it is that it's a competent TPS that feels pretty damn good on the Vita's dual analogs.
It might not be a visual stunner, but it was a launch title... add in the fact that there's daily challenges, decent mission variety in terms of length/weapons/approach... is it good for $40? No. For $20? Yeah, that's what I originally paid for it and was happy to do so. For $13? It's a steal. But only if you want a TPS to take with you on the go.

Riddy

Smart As or Unit 13, gaffers? I play anything so genre doesn't matter, I just want to know which did you guys have more fun with

I just thought of something that's concerning: if PS4 is not backwards compatible, will I still be able to access my psp, ps1 games that I bought for Vita?

Smart As or Unit 13, gaffers? I play anything so genre doesn't matter, I just want to know which did you guys have more fun with

Buy both while they're on sale, man.
They're both quality from my experience, though I can say the "Roller Ball" or whatever logic puzzles that force use of tilt suck ass. Let me control that bs with the sticks, please.

Dingotech

Right now. No DLC sale.
DLC is almost NEVER on sale on PSN.

I don't like that answer..... :(

When I was on my EU account on my PS3 I saw some Sleeping Dogs DLC was on a PS+ discount the other day. Would be nice if they do a similar thing for the Gravity Rush DLC, otherwise I'm not buying it for the current prices.

Slime:

l_51233cc85d774.jpg

"The Slime monster isn’t your average weakling Slime we’ve grown accustomed to in other games. Not only in terms of power but it’s also quite the ugly monster. It uses its semi-liquid body to attack wizards. Its movements are considerably slow, but it can stretch for long reach and can also split apart to perform different types of attacks against its opponent. Underestimating this messy monster could mean trouble!"

Is that a fork?

Dingotech

Respectfully, both. Sorry, but this one is just not doing it for me.

It really depends how you approached the gameplay, did you just do a guns blazing run to just get through the level?

Part of the charm of Unit 13 is finding the best ways to clear levels out to gain large stealth or time bonuses, which enables you to achieve 5 star clearing scores, or outscoring your friends.

But I understand not everybody will like it.

PSM might turn into a Visual Novel powerhouse :lol

.... I would be ok with this, but only if they come out in English ;(

I just thought of something that's concerning: if PS4 is not backwards compatible, will I still be able to access my psp, ps1 games that I bought for Vita?

Really good question - it's probably something Sony won't talk about until the PS4 is literally on store shelves though :\

Also, I finally finished my blog about the Vita's first year, its games, and its future. I haven't been writing blogs as much as I used to but I just wanted to get my thoughts out there, concerning the Vita. Any thoughts or feedback would be much appreciated :) Also Toma I totally copy pasta'ed that indie dev list you guys had on here, but I gave you guys credit. I really tried to not be too hard/cynical, but overall I'm happy with how it came out.

Noi

PS1 games are a given. Why would the PS4 have BC for PSP/Vita games though?

They'll likely show up and be downloadable for transfer just like the PS3, since that can't run them either.

Shoyz

They'll likely show up and be downloadable for transfer just like the PS3, since that can't run them either.

Doesn't the PS3 have an inaccessible PSP emulator?

I'm not looking to play them on PS4. I'm asking if I can still acess them via my PSN account on the PS4. And can we still purchase those games on PS4 and then use Vitas content manager to copy the games over.

I've noticed that quite a bit in a bunch of different games. When the game actually starts (after the splash screen) the brightness kicks down a little.
That's because some games force brightness to 80% max to conserve battery life, which is fine, except for the fact that it happens even when plugged in to AC power.

Anyway, back to the question...does NGS2+ do it?

Bullza2o

That's because some games force brightness to 80% max to conserve battery life, which is fine, except for the fact that it happens even when plugged in to AC power.

Wow I didn't know about this. When I play at night with the lights off in my room I still get blinded though.

Noi

I'm not looking to play them on PS4. I'm asking if I can still acess them via my PSN account on the PS4. And can we still purchase those games on PS4 and then use Vitas content manager to copy the games over.

It'd be pretty silly if you couldn't since you don't need a cell processor for that. But those are the types of details we won't know until closer to launch.

Dec

I've never noticed since I've never gone past 50% brightness.
Past that and it looks bad to me unless I'm outside in direct light.

I've got a strange issue some other people seem to have which is like.. vertical lines on the screen. Only viewable on certain grey colors but highest brightness makes it less noticeable.

This, but not this bad on mine:

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?

That's interesting to know, luckily I don't notice because I keep my system brightness around 70% otherwise that could be annoying. Looks like Sony were having issues with the battery life, could explain why the CPU isn't as fast as we expected.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
You still keep buying their products though.

Is Smart as worth getting @ $14-ish? How's its single player mode(s)?

Does SS Delta have a demo? I'll try it out before deciding on buying it @_@.

yes there is a demo for it in the US store

Top Bottom