• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Jamix012

No, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment does not copy from the PS3 to the Vita. Also MGS:pO doesn't either still.

Edit: Well I feel like a fool. Either way at least they're working on it so sometime in the future I'll be able to.

zulux21

yup forums said as much as well
5de5b862588c4406bf8b388.png

OmegaZero

It's pretty good.

The resolution is crisp, but seems to scale down (either sub native or AA turns off) when battles are hectic.

I've had one instance of slowdown, it was a sharp drop in the village area of the first level, where you come out to china blossom trees.

Overall, I'm quite impressed, especially when the camera pans in for finishing kills.

This is my first experience with NG2, outside of the 360 demo years ago. I'd always wanted to buy it - but held off until (when)I heard vita was having its own version.

The Vita was also my first experience with NG1, as well.

As a first time player of the series I like them both.

Thanks for the impressions.
I figure I'll buy the retail copy, and if I like it, I'll purchase the digital version and give a friend the retail version. Shame there isn't even local co-op, but with the performance issues that people are having in Tag Mission mode, it's understandable.

That is good to hear.

Anyway did you guys get anything from the sale so far?

Just got Sony Smash Bros.

Smart As... and Retro/Grade.
Debating adding to my PS+ sub, as it currently goes to 9/8/2014... 15 months for $40 is tempting.

I would have caved and bought Sony Smash if I could get the PS3 version for $18 with the Vita version as cross-buy. Vita only? No thanks.

Takao

Banned
Does the full version of Sly Cooper: Bombas All The Time suffer from the same poor video compression that the demo did?

Noi

Home! I'll give it 30 more minutes before I close entries for the Gravity Race. The current time to beat is pretty good!

Allforce

How do you guys organize your pages? I have some slick backgrounds I downloaded from the Vita Wallpaper thread here that have titles on the left like "Vita Games", "PSN Games", "PSP Games", "Minis Games", etc, but then I realized when I was trying to put games in each page I have no clue where some of these fall.

Like Frobisher Says? Is that a Vita game or a PSN game? What about Plants Vs Zombies? Jetpack Joyride? Motorstorm RC?

Halp.

kiyomi

How do you guys organize your pages? I have some slick backgrounds I downloaded from the Vita Wallpaper thread here that have titles on the left like "Vita Games", "PSN Games", "PSP Games", "Minis Games", etc, but then I realized when I was trying to put games in each page I have no clue where some of these fall.

Like Frobisher Says? Is that a Vita game or a PSN game? What about Plants Vs Zombies? Jetpack Joyride? Motorstorm RC?

Halp.
I'd say those examples are PSN games, since they don't have retail releases, right?

I don't organise at all, it's a mess, and I have the boring default backgrounds, because they get reset each time you switch memory cards.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Okay guys, I need some suggestions. I want to take advantage of the buy 50 buck get 10 back promotion. I am probably going to get sly cooper, and maybe PlayStation all stars. Any suggestions to help me reach the 50 dollar or 100 dollar mark? Suggestions for local coop psp or vita games are also appreciated .

kiyomi

That's not a bad way to organize, but are you saying only games you personally bought digitally (on PSN) or games that just don't have a retail release period but you can or did buy on PSN?
No physical release : PSN section.

The rest, the ones that do have a physical release, I'd organise as Vita games. Wouldn't matter if you got them digitally.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
This is kinda crazy, but I have never played Plants vs Zombies before. I'm pretty pumped that it's free.
Me too. I am pretty happy with the previous plus update with megaman maverick hunter too. Finished the game last weekend. It was amazing.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Does Peace Walker on the Vita allow transfarring from the HD Collection like the Vita MGS2 and 3 do?

zulux21

this saddens me :(

doesn't sadden me, as much as I like borderlands 2 I wouldn't touch the watered down port on the vita. Now if that money would be used to make a spin off game instead then I would be interested. Like maybe a retelling of the first game from the perspective of the lady that tells you what to do in the first game taking the second game's story into account (I'm being vague on purpose so as not to spoil things but people who have played the games should know what i am talking about without me having to explain it... I think)

Chesskid1

Banned
not really digging PvZ Vita even tho it's f'ing PvZ.

touch controls, icons are too small. button controls don't feel accurate/fast enough. i'll get used to it i suppose but keep switching back and forth atm.

Noi

Entries closed! The winner of this month's Vita Challenge is StarCreator, with a time of 00'30"73! Congrats!

I'll be waiting for your choice in Game of the Month via PM, and if you want to do a write-up for why the game is worthy, even better!

VanWinkle

Can you let me know how Smart As is? I'm thinking of buying it, I just got Escape Plan.

I think it's the kind of game you just play a little bit every day (daily training), so impressions would probably be better from somebody who has had the game for awhile. I've heard really good things about it, though.

Staal

A lot of positive discussion happening in that thread.

TOP OF THE PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy games from Indie developers. Show your support and prove to them the Vita is a viable platform for their games.

Sound Shapes
Strangers Wrath
Retro City Rampage
Future Lab games like Surge
Rocket Birds
Mutant Blob Attacks

Keep on the look out for upcoming Indie games as well

Hotline Miami
Bit.Trip Runner 2
Binding of Issac
Frozen Synapse
Dragon Fantasy
Lone Survivor
Velocity HD
Machinarium
Rainbow Moon
Starlight Inception
A Virus named Tom
Vektropolis
Divekick
Guacamelee!
Luftrausers
Snapshot
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New N' Tasty!
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
Kick Beat
and more.....
With the Vita becoming my most accessible gaming platform for the coming years (with a newborn baby and all), I'm really excited for the highlighted games.

Is there any news on sports games coming to the Vita? I've been playing the first Fifa Vita, but would I'm curious for the titles this year. I hope that there will also be a PES for Vita, as well as NHL for Vita.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Big thumbs up for hustle kings, whatever it costs in he sale atm. Finally got to play it and it works surprisingly well with quite a few modes and unlockables.

28YLP

Encouraging news. Even though RCR defined bland, any Vita success story is good news.

Hopefully his next game takes a lot less time to make, then.

With the Vita becoming my most accessible gaming platform for the coming years (with a newborn baby and all), I'm really excited for the highlighted games.

Is there any news on sports games coming to the Vita? I've been playing the first Fifa Vita, but would I'm curious for the titles this year. I hope that there will also be a PES for Vita, as well as NHL for Vita.

I desperately want NHL for Vita. The EA Sports NHL Twitter said 'it's a possibility but nothing to announce', but given the number of NHL games on PSP (1? 2?) it doesn't look great. :(

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Maybe it was because I got it for free, but for some reason I enjoyed RCR a lot more on the Vita than on XBLA.
I pretty much enjoyed every comparable game on Vita more than on the other platforms last year.*shrug*

VanWinkle

Big thumbs up for hustle kings, whatever it costs in he sale atm. Finally got to play it and it works surprisingly well with quite a few modes and unlockables.

Nice. I played it a lot in the first couple of months of the Vita coming out. I still didn't play near all of that content on there. Great game.

Top Bottom