• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Ok now I'm tempted to buy resistance just for the plat ;/

Bah. Dont give in to the temptation. Play games that are fun instead! Your backlog is probably big enough to find something to finish ;)

btkadams

Ok now I'm tempted to buy resistance just for the plat ;/

don't ever do this for any game. that's insane. resistance is a game that everyone should forget about when killzone comes out. if you really want to play it, don't pay more than $5 for it (new, since you need the online pass for trophies).

RpgN

By the way guys, if you're not subbed or don't check community much:

JSR:

Also Stranger's Wrath update is out :) Said something about aiming, downloading it now.

Oh wow, thanks for mentioning this. It's pretty nice to see Sega releasing patches that people want and offer proper support.

I've already finished the game once and was planning on having multiple playthroughs, this makes a buggy but otherwise amazing game into a perfect game :D Time to DL the patch and see how it runs.

Want to buy Klonoa door to Phantomile for my Vita. Read some rumours that the game does not work on my EU ( Netherlands that is ) Vita/account. Can anyone confirm this?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
speaking of motorstorm - why does it ahve a 2.14 rating?? i thought it's supposed ot be good?

My favourite Vita game. And people rated that Ultimate pack down because it was more expensive than the base game plus DLC's at one point I believe.

RpgN

I thought Motorstorm RC was pretty easy. It's a five-dollar platinum too.

Well, from the sounds of how easy Resistance is, Motorstorm at least required a bit of effort. Especially those last challenges.

Great little game btw, not sure why it wasn't received well on PSN?

Famassu

Understatement of the millennium. If Uncharted was like Enslaved, Sony's gaming division would have millions less money to operate with.
So it doesn't run @ 30fps, it's not that unpolished otherwise (certainly not any less polished tham Uncharteds, they have their fair share of glitches & bugs too). That has hardly made other games in the past the biggest crimes against humanity. otherwise it's a competent action/adventure game with a simple yet satisfying combat system and the kind of cinematic traversal Uncharteds do + some light puzzles.

Toma

are you planning to do a FF9 month? if so i'll put my game on hold...

I'll definitely play FF9 personally at some point this year, but its too long a game to squeeze it into a month for a group of people, so unfortunately no FF for that thread series.

BearPawB

Banned
Vita outsold Wii U in Japan last week. And the Vita price cut hasn't even taken effect yet. Soooooo... there's that.-@notaxation on twitter

Toma

Vita outsold Wii U in Japan last week. And the Vita price cut hasn't even taken effect yet. Soooooo... there's that.-@notaxation on twitter

"Most desirable handheld in japan" indeed.

Japan is finally getting enough software to warrant purchases. It's a big week(technically big 2 weeks) with Soul Sacrifice, Phantasy Star Online 2, Senran Kagura, and Tales of Hearts R coming.

Toma

Japan is finally getting enough software to warrant purchases. It's a big week(technically big 2 weeks) with Soul Sacrifice, Phantasy Star Online 2, Senran Kagura, and Tales of Hearts R coming.

Isnt God Eater or any of the other "MH clones" coming closely after as well?

It is a big couple weeks. I really hope the Vita and these games sell well. I'm not expecting 3DS numbers, but it's gotta be a big improvement over around 10k a week.

Hoping Soul Sacrifice really takes off but I guess we'll see.

Don't see how Enslaved, which is basically a slightly less polished melee-emphasizing version of Uncharted, is the biggest insult to the industry. It was a decent game that Namco should've paid NT to polish it for a few more months.

I really found nothing redeeming in that game. Didn't like the characters, didn't like the environments, didn't like the gameplay. Comparing it to Uncharted does not seem accurate to me, but I don't want to get into an argument over it. ;)

Overall, I think I liked Heavenly Sword better. But HS wasn't really a good game either. Especially given the development cost and timeframe.

spannicus

It is a big couple weeks. I really hope the Vita and these games sell well. I'm not expecting 3DS numbers, but it's gotta be a big improvement over around 10k a week.

Hoping Soul Sacrifice really takes off but I guess we'll see.

cant wait until April 30th so I preordered Japanese version and added one day shipping lol. I cant wait, also will be picking up NA version when released, I'm supporting this one just wish i could return Sigma 2.

cant wait until April 30th so I preordered Japanese version and added one day shipping lol. I cant wait, also will be picking up NA version when released, I'm supporting this one just wish i could return Sigma 2.

What's wrong with Sigma 2+, other than having the same framerate of Sigma +?

spannicus

What's wrong with Sigma 2+, other than having the same framerate of Sigma +?

Everytime i back out of menu or perform certain moves, or get taken down by the guys that light your ass on fire it gets extremely pixelated and slow for a few seconds. Its playable no doubt just choppy is all. The game i assume isnt the most visually demanding title we have so I dont know why its doing that.

Yopis

Everytime i back out of menu or perform certain moves, or get taken down by the guys that light your ass on fire it gets extremely pixelated and slow for a few seconds. Its playable no doubt just choppy is all. The game i assume isnt the most visually demanding title we have so I dont know why its doing that.

Wow bummer.

spannicus

after backing out of menu, every time it gets like this
2013-02-27-175411_zps527923d9.jpg

Just bought a Vita kind of on a whim, because I heard PSO 2 was coming out soon. Then I looked and found out that only the JP release date has been announced. Since I'm kind of out of the loop (or was never in the loop rather) about anything Vita-related, does anyone know if there's been any kind of chatter / news about when we might see a US release of PSO 2 on Vita?

And will there be a US PC release alongside the Vita release?

Takao

Banned
GDC panels of interest to Vita owners:

PlayStation Vita Development: From Start-to-Finish and Why You Should Be Excited About It
http://schedule2013.gdconf.com/session-id/824155

Controlling the Abyss: Designing Uncharted's Controls for the PlayStation Vita
http://schedule2013.gdconf.com/session-id/822951

Bedroom Developments: Making PlayStation Games in Your Underwear
http://schedule2013.gdconf.com/session-id/824187

Unfortunately it appears none of them will be recorded for all us non-GDC people to see : /

Just bought a Vita kind of on a whim, because I heard PSO 2 was coming out soon. Then I looked and found out that only the JP release date has been announced. Since I'm kind of out of the loop (or was never in the loop rather) about anything Vita-related, does anyone know if there's been any kind of chatter / news about when we might see a US release of PSO 2 on Vita?

And will there be a US PC release alongside the Vita release?

No English release for the Vita version has been announced yet. The PC version was announced for a western release like more than a year ago.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Heads up VitaBros

Stranger's Wrath Vita NA/EU patches are up which include alternate control scheme that forgoes back touch entirely (thanks in part to input from GAF Members!) and leaderboards

Can't stress enough to buy this if you haven't yet already. Believe a PSN sale is due as well (^___^)

Now onto that Platinum!
I'm glad I stuck with this - it's really picking up after the slowish intro and I'm loving it. Gonna try make some progress on a flight tomorrow.

Dec

How much did Stranger's Wrath go on for in EU? Want to know what kind of discount to expect... if it's not much I'll just buy it now.

Kyon

Banned
I think for Kyon everyone is a sister. (No offence!)

But did you lie? I c none tbh

My Vita-Sisteren! VitaSUS shall rise from the ashes in the coming month! WE SHALL HAVE OUR REVENGEANCE ON THE LESSORS WHO DOUBTED THE LORDS POWER.

Top Bottom