• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Pimpbaa

Dunno why people complain about psp games on vita. If sony made a psp with a screen the size of the vita's (while retaining the psp resolution), it would look exactly the same.

Dec

I got 5* on that in the Vita version.

Overall: 7563
Flip best: 397
speed best: 28,66
aim best: 3,27
highest best: 21,48

Overall: 6796
Flip: 554
Speed: 30.54
Aim: 1.26
Highest 18.30

Only thing I'm worse on is the High one.
Why am I so much lower? Don't get it...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Overall: 6796
Flip: 554
Speed: 30.54
Aim: 1.26
Highest 18.30

Only thing I'm worse on is the High one.
Why am I so much lower? Don't get it...

You do know that you need to get all of these good scores in the same run for a good overall score, right? The scores you have there should be enough to get 5*, but you need to get them in a single run AND a good time.

Dec

You do know that you need to get all of these good scores in the same run for a good overall score, right? The scores you have there should be enough to get 5*, but you need to get them in a single run AND a good time.

Yea, I always meet or beat my best. The time matters? Maybe that's why I'm not getting it.

I thought the time was just a limit to govern how many tries you could take.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yea, I always meet or beat my best. The time matters? Maybe that's why I'm not getting it.

I thought the time was just a limit to govern how many tries you could take.

Nope, for a 5* score you basically shouldnt retry any stunt, definitely not more than 1-2, since time is being factored into the score as well.

SmokyDave

I know where my problem lay. I hadn't realised that overall time and (possibly?) faults were factored into the score. D'oh!

Edit: I feel better now I know Declarius made the same mistake ;)

Toma

How big is PASBR on Vita with *all* patches?

I'm sure there is somewhere, it's been available in EU forever.

Oh yeah btw, I found a post saying that transfarring might work:

PS3 to Vita
Transfar from PS3 to a USB device
Copy save file to PSP save folder used by Content Manager on your PC
Hook up Vita to PC
Run Content manager
Import "applications" - PSP Save file

Vita to PS3
Use Content Manager to send PSP save to PC
Copy save from PC to USB Device
Put USB device in PS3
Transfar in.

But yeah..

Takao

Banned
At least six people bought that $60 Ninja Gaiden Sigma bundle.

Tecmo Koei should've included the old arcade games as a bonus with these releases.

Is there any possibility that Capcom would release the HD port or just a port of Marvel vs. Capcom 2? I would love a version where you could use custom music for each character when you fight them.

Noi

Is there any possibility that Capcom would release the HD port or just a port of Marvel vs. Capcom 2? I would love a version where you could use custom music for each character when you fight them.

8ballaskagain.gif

Oh yeah btw, I found a post saying that transfarring might work:

But yeah..

Well, that might end up with me buying it then. :lol

I want to play it but I feel like I'd like it better on Vita than PS3 in the HD collection. :)

If you confirm, please let me know. Thanks!

Oh WTF! Sony just charged me for another 3 months of PS+. How's the possible? I had $22 in my wallet. And now it's gone. I had email receipt for the purchase.

Shoyz

Oh WTF! Sony just charged me for another 3 months of PS+. How's the possible? I had $22 in my wallet. And now it's gone. I had email receipt for the purchase.

How did they charge you in general? You have to turn off auto-renew. Unless you mean they double-charged you.

It should be. I know for a fact that my digital copy of the PS3 version came with the Vita version when I got it at launch.

Yeah, I know it did too, but now it's $40 in store and the webpage doesn't say jack about cross buy.
The Sly 4: Bombing through Time page however... lists cross-buy as a feature:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/cid=UP9000-NPUA80875_00-SLYCOOPERPSN0000

Auto-renew?

So, I downloaded Wipeout 2048 on my Vita for free through PS+.

I can't play online, says I need an Online Pass... does the free PS+ version not come with the Online Pass?

IllumiNate

Just got myself a Vita! Found a used one on Craigslist/Kijijii for $150 it came with a case, screen protector, and a 32GB mem card!

Just got myself a Vita! Found a used one on Craigslist/Kijijii for $150 it came with a case, screen protector, and a 32GB mem card!

... :- O

wtf. insane deal! congrats dude. and welcome new vita-brethren! you are going to love it... check back in with your first impressions and any questions.

also get playstation plus if you dont have it yet... very worth it. also theres a deal ending very soon where if you buy a year sub you get 3 free months... which also gets coupled into another promo that you would get 10$ rebate for spending 50$ on psn till april...

So how is Alien Breed? Doesn't seem to be many reviews or impressions running around.

I like it, but it's essentially just barging around mazes shooting aliens. You won't find much variation on the theme with Alien Breed. I do hope they port the Assault trilogy to Vita down the line.

Loxley

I just grabbed Persona 4 on a whim off of PSN after yearning for something to play on my Vita for extended periods of time. I've never played a game like it before (I'm definitely a JRPG novice), so this'll be interesting. I do know that a lot of the game is exposition and storytelling, and that - apparently (?)- it can take upwards of 10 hours before the game starts to "pick up", but with all of the praise it's been getting I guess I figured why not give it a shot.

IllumiNate

... :- O

wtf. insane deal! congrats dude. and welcome new vita-brethren! you are going to love it... check back in with your first impressions and any questions.

also get playstation plus if you dont have it yet... very worth it. also theres a deal ending very soon where if you buy a year sub you get 3 free months... which also gets coupled into another promo that you would get 10$ rebate for spending 50$ on psn till april...
0o wow I'll do that tomorrow, thanks!

Pengew

I'm curious as to why there aren't more ports like this for the vita. I would love to have a portable SSFIV AE.

JoshHood

I really hope this PSAS patch includes the DLC characters
2.27 GB is far too much
Just the costumes and new minions I woulda thought. Which likely means another patch in a couple weeks for the characters. Really hope Santa Monica are listening to the people complaining about this - given what's being added, the patches are a rediculous size compared to the main game.

Just the costumes and new minions I woulda thought. Which likely means another patch in a couple weeks for the characters. Really hope Santa Monica are listening to the people complaining about this - given what's being added, the patches are a rediculous size compared to the main game.

the patches take up more space than most of my games
I've had to delete sound shapes and some apps to make room for it
Also it makes no sense that the vita Patches are larger than ps3

Top Bottom