• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

kiyomi

damnit really feeling the pressure of the 4GB card now....i've lasted too long to give up though. want. to. make... ugh.. so. many. ..purchases.
Give up now. You're not gonna last, a 16gb will free you up so much and you'll never regret it. Plus you keep the 4gb for other account shenanigans!

Ran rp

Do PSP games that offer data install benifit if you chose the option on Vita?

I wouldn't have thought so but maybe I'm wrong.

I think some games disable content like VOs if you don't install the game. I think Peace Walker is one of them, so you should look up what a specific game's install does.

zulux21

hopefully we will hear some positive news from this
1f33d3e32f5249bea7d1990.png
for the people who want to play VC2 but down own a ps3.

VanWinkle

I had to ask my fiancee if we could stop at my house on the way home from groceries to get my Vita, because I HAD to download Sly demo. She thought I was weird. But here we are and it's downloading :D

branny

It's nice if you don't know if you'll be into the series, but you also get DLC for Aerith as a support character in the full game, if you like that.
lolaerith
Ugh, that disgusting church demon. FF7 had way too many reps in duodecim.

Should've been Ramza or Noctis or someone who isn't as yicky. (edited out the Mary Sue thing to be nicer to that prostitute)

YES YES YESSS

YES

Guilty gear is too old school. P4U is just long over due. Bring that over instead.
Bring both, and everyone's happy! <3

zulux21

blog update
Free PS Mobile Game
Cubixx (Free)
Use your laser to cut away the surfaces of a mysterious cube and free the energy within. Cutting longer lines and crossing multiple cube surfaces gives you bigger combos, but at far greater risk. Can you brave this hazardous environment and complete all 20 levels? Old-school, highscore-chasing gameplay with a modern twist. Get this PS Mobile title for free on the PS Vita Store and your PS Mobile certified devices today through January 30th. For more information, click here.

bundles (i'm not sure if they play on the vita :p)
Farm Frenzy 2 (PSP, $4.99)
Get ready to harvest a bumper crop of fun when you purchase this action-packed bundle of farming games! For one low price, you can enjoy the very best of the Farm Frenzy series!
ESRB: M //File Size: 62.1 MB

Run For Your Life (PSP, $4.49)
Two best endless running games in the single bundle! Jetpack Joyride: Join Barry as he breaks in to a secret laboratory to commandeer the experimental jetpacks from the clutches of science evildoers. Comes with 150k coins. Canabalt, the genre defining fast paced running game: outrun the demolition of your city with just one button!
ESRB: M //File Size: 32.1 MB

sales street fighter x tekken
DLC Char Alternate Costume Complete Pack &#8211; PS Vita Add-On (now: $4.49 original price: $5.99)
SF/TK Alternate Costume Complete Pack &#8211; PS Vita Add-On (now: $13.49 original price: $17.99)
SF/TK DLC Char Swap Costume Complete Pack&#8211; PS Vita Add-On (now: $2.99 original price: $3.99)
SF/TK Swap Costume Complete Pack &#8211; PS Vita Add-On (now: $8.99 original price: $12.99)

Remember to do this before playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma+, everyone:
Adjust the gamma to 1.1, the brightness to 0.0, and the contrast to 1.1.

Colors pop more and the environments look much less washed out. Just compare the Team Ninja logo in the opening credits before changing the settings and after - now it'll look how it's supposed to and youwillsaywow.jpg

Ugh, that disgusting church demon. FF7 had way too many reps in duodecim.

Should've been Ramza or Noctis or someone who isn't a gross Mary Sue character.
i never liked her, not sure why she's still so high on popularity lists

should have had playable steiner or beatrix instead

bradigor

Really hope Murmasa gets an EU release too. I find I am generally too lazy to import these days. Well I say lazy, I get impatient having to wait for delivery knowing the money has gone out of my bank.

Such a great week so far for the Vita, hopefully it can start to build some momentum over the next few weeks.

Mr E.

PSY&#12539;S;47057504 said:
I think some games disable content like VOs if you don't install the game. I think Peace Walker is one of them, so you should look up what a specific game's install does.

Thanks. It was for MHFU specifically. I haven't done the data transfer thing but I don't think I'm missing anything.

Salaadin

I had to ask my fiancee if we could stop at my house on the way home from groceries to get my Vita, because I HAD to download Sly demo. She thought I was weird. But here we are and it's downloading :D
Lol.

Sly impressions, STAT! Looking forward to getting home tonight and giving it a whirl.

I like it a lot. Load times suck but, other than that, its sly cooper.
Looks great on dat oled too.

Noi

Need to start downloading Ninja Gaiden before I forget.

..Wait, how big is it? I don't feel like deleting more stuff off my card to make it fit. ><

DigitalOp

Banned
Oh my freaking fantastic Vita news today! Muramasa localization, Soul Sacrifice Date, AND NGS+ on PS+ Im loving every damn second, I told you guys this will be a great year

So Im getting ready to D/L NGS+ but as I've heard, If I delete a game, I lose the save?

Is there anyway to backup my saves so I can make space on my shitty boy 4GB memory card?

Really sucks having to juggle what I'm playing, That's why Im leaning towards retail purchases for my Vita games at least

btkadams

Oh my freaking fantastic Vita news today! Muramasa localization, Soul Sacrifice Date, AND NGS+ on PS+ Im loving every damn second, I told you guys this will be a great year

So Im getting ready to D/L NGS+ but as I've heard, If I delete a game, I lose the save?

Is there anyway to backup my saves so I can make space on my shitty boy 4GB memory card?

Really sucks having to juggle what I'm playing, That's why Im leaning towards retail purchases for my Vita games at least

you have plus, so backup your vita game saves to ps+ storage. you can backup other saves (ps1/psp) to your pc/mac.

Shoyz

Let's Fish is a QTE fest! You choose a reel-in strength and every ~5 seconds you get a direction to press in..and that's about it.

brentech

NGSP puts me down to like 800MB free on my 16GB card. Doh

Let's Fish is a QTE fest! You choose a reel-in strength and every ~5 seconds you get a direction to press in..and that's about it.

Sounds like the saddest bit of a fishing game ever.
So many games on Vita using the stupid touch stuff for things that could be done with normal controls. I really hate that. Back touch is like my least favorite 'feature'

DigitalOp

Banned
you have plus, so backup your vita game saves to ps+ storage. you can backup other saves (ps1/psp) to your pc/mac.

Sweet, so as long as I have the option checked in my PlayStation Network Settings everything has been backed up? Or is there a manual menu where I have to do this myself?

EDIT: Disregard, I found the answer

VanWinkle

Dude I just finished the Bentley hacking minigame and it loaded for another minute!

'Great game'? I aint so sure.

I know, the loading times are way too long. But a game LOADING has nothing to do with if the game is good or not. It makes it frustrating having to wait, and I hope they fix it sincerely, but my goodness, I've never seen somebody care so deeply about load times only.

Now, I just finished the demo. In terms of graphics, it looked great. Very crisp. It's missing the cel shading on the characters, self-shadowing, and reduced polygon count, which is too bad, but not remotely a deal breaker. As I said, the load times are simply too long, and I really hope that patch it, because they're quite a bit longer than the PS3 version.

But yeah, it felt like a Sly game. It's really fun except for Murray's part (IMO).

Top Bottom