• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

HOLY SHIT. What a difference that makes.
Indeed. When you get to the
cathedral with Rachel
your jaw will drop.

Wow... Sly looks fucking sick on Vita.
If by "sick" you mean emaciated, then I agree with you. His character model's face looks fucking creepy.

Floaty controls and not fun gameplay. Guess my next game's DOA5+ (unless I finish my NGS+ replay by the time NGS2+ comes out).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
huh..

thought Hayashi 30fps games is a big NO NO to you? what lord Itakagi will think about his followers now?

It's free. I might as well see the trainwreck for myself.
(Plus get some achievements off it)

huh..

thought Hayashi 30fps games is a big NO NO to you? what lord Itakagi will think about his followers now?
Eh, as long as the drop in frames doesn't affect my input accuracy (like it would in a fighting game), I'll take stable 30fps with native res over 60fps and ugly low-res character models/backgrounds.

The game is a dream on Vita. My only complaint other than the horrible front touch implementation is that I constantly get lost and have no idea where to go in the game :p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Floaty controls and not fun gameplay. Guess my next game's DOA5+ (unless I finish my NGS+ replay by the time NGS2+ comes out).

I just really wonder if they can pull an almost-perfect port with NGS2+ too, since game is more open and got more(and faster) enemies than Sigma 1.

It's free. I might as well see the trainwreck for myself.
(Plus get some achievements off it)

it's pretty good actually (way better on PS3 tho).

Black >> Sigma1=NG1

Eh, as long as the drop in frames doesn't affect my input accuracy (like it would in a fighting game), I'll take stable 30fps with native res over 60fps and ugly low-res character models/backgrounds.

The game is a dream on Vita. My only complaint other than the horrible front touch implementation is that I constantly get lost and have no idea where to go in the game :p

I know , TheSeke just love to hate on Hayashi so I was joking with him.

I just really wonder if they can pull an almost-perfect port with NGS2+ too, since game is more open and got more(and faster) enemies than Sigma 1.
I think NGS2+ will be a pleasant surprise in the performance department. In the latest trailer, only Tag Mode seemed to present even a hint of chug.

Chesskid1

Banned
are those gamma/brightness settings for ninja gaiden?

i decided not to dl the game till i finish p4g (dont have the space lol) but ill make a note of the settings.

Allforce

I want a tennis game, I feel like the Vita would be a perfect platform for it, can anyone give me their preferences between these two?

Virtua Tennis 4 for Vita

or

Hot Shots Tennis for PSP

Homes223

Neo Member
I'm thinking that maybe we need a separate post or something for all this referral jazz?

It's cluttering up the discussion a little? Anyone agree?
When someone gets their PSN $20 card delivered (email/mail), can he or she confirm it on this thread? Thanks!

Ran rp

Holy crap does Ninja Gaiden look good. I honestly think I wouldn't mind it if Bend cut back on Golden Abyss' LOD to make it native res.

Allforce

Virtua Tennis 4 is amazing.

Is it amazing in a "I'm playing Virtua Tennis in my hand in HD!"-way or is there something really special about it, game modes, etc?

I'm not hung up on real players, I've played Virtua Tennis since the Dreamcast days so I'm curious if there's anything about Hot Shots that would be a selling point.

ZeroAKA

Have they EVER put that on sale? I played the shit out of HST so I need a new tennis fix, but I ain't paying $40 for a year-old sports game.
VT4 was on sale for around $27 ($20 with PS+) last summer. That's when a lot of people here got the game, including me.

Is it amazing in a "I'm playing Virtua Tennis in my hand in HD!"-way or is there something really special about it, game modes, etc?

I'm not hung up on real players, I've played Virtua Tennis since the Dreamcast days so I'm curious if there's anything about Hot Shots that would be a selling point.
Very impressive graphics at native resolution and 60 fps. Not many Vita games do that.

VanWinkle

Well, yeah, it's amazing how good it looks, but it has a lot of content, too. But really, if you aren't huge into a little more realistic tennis games or other Virtua Tennis games, this probably wouldn't change your mind. I've heard good things about Hot Shots Tennis, though, so go for it if that's more your type of game.

Virtua Tennis 4 is $22 at Amazon.

Ran rp

The first level of Ninja Gaiden is giving me heavy Heavenly Sword vibes. The things I'd do for a AAA Vita sequel/spin-off :/

1.1, 0, and 1.2, I think. That's what I'm using, at least.

I was just about to ask about that. Seems like a huge oversight...

Even better:

Trying to die and then not continue gives you some cutscene with Ayane, after which you're prompted to save and it returns you to the chapter you were in. :\

PSY・S;47066751 said:
The first level of Ninja Gaiden is giving me heavy Heavenly Sword vibes. The things I'd do for a AAA Vita sequel/spin-off :/

HS is to NG about as much as DmC is to DMC.

This whole sentence makes me cringe. :(

Skyzard

Banned

it's pretty good actually (way better on PS3 tho).

Black >> Sigma1=NG1

I know , TheSeke just love to hate on Hayashi so I was joking with him.

Surprise surprise :p

Although not that I want to discourage you from giving compliments when due...

Ran rp

Even better:

Trying to die and then not continue gives you some cutscene with Ayane, after which you're prompted to save and it returns you to the chapter you were in. :\

HS is to NG about as much as DmC is to DMC.

This whole sentence makes me cringe. :(

I just mean the setting. The gameplay is nothing like Heavenly Sword and vice versa.

PSY・S;47066975 said:
I just mean the setting. The gameplay is nothing like Heavenly Sword and vice versa.

Ah, ok. I can see that, I guess. I took it as a general "HS was my intro to action combat games". :p

Carry on. My mistake. ;)

zychi

Banned
if i update my vita to 2.05, will i lose the psp homebrew exploit with uno? i have uno installed on my vita and it works great. i want to transfer stuff from my ps3 to my vita, but its forcing me to update if i want it(namely ninja gaiden sigma plus from ps+)

if i update my vita to 2.05, will i lose the psp homebrew exploit with uno? i have uno installed on my vita and it works great. i want to transfer stuff from my ps3 to my vita, but its forcing me to update if i want it(namely ninja gaiden sigma plus from ps+)

yep

TheSeks

Holy shit, these bow controls. So awful. They already RUIN the port. Who the hell at Team Ninja Dog (probably Hayashit) thought having joystick AND motion controls at the same time was a good idea? I want to stab them. I can't imagine the tank boss at this point with this shitty control system for the bow. GOD.

Holy shit, these bow controls. So awful. They already RUIN the port. Who the hell at Team Ninja Dog (probably Hayashit) thought having joystick AND motion controls at the same time was a good idea? I want to stab them. I can't imagine the tank boss at this point with this shitty control system for the bow. GOD.
It's completely optional, though. Unlike the shitty "touch screen to first person, even if barely grazing the outermost periphery of the OLED instead of doing the logical thing and having an activation zone in the middle or something" shit.

That still messes me up sometimes because even barely tapping the screen totally freezes my character while the enemies continue kicking my ass. FUCK

FUCK

TheSeks

I dunno about optional, moving with the stick throws the system which throws the aim because of the gyroscope. FUCK.

So much fucking ^

just keep it quiet...or loud

Never had touch screen issues

I don't like being fucked, I like to fuck - Hero mode is my ticket to ride

VanWinkle

I'd say Sly 4 is probably one of the best looking Vita games yet. Yes, it doesn't have self-shadowing or a bunch of real time lights, but it just looks fantastic. Colors pop, textures pop, a lot of details, crisp image quality, and nice art direction.

8429187520_33f9e7a519_z.jpg

8428095997_102cea0ba0_z.jpg

8428096021_62537a0ac3_z.jpg

(That part in the last shot has some really nice particle effects coming from that fan at the top. It looks great.)

TheSeks

I can't imagine the tank boss on Master Ninja with these awful bow controls. I just... #icant

Seriously, Team Ninja Dog. HOW THE FUCK do you fuck this up?

TheSeks

Start > options > controls.> bow > the option other than touch.

Hell, you were already in there to "fix" the display settings. :p

Does that disable the gyro and let me use the first person controls (since you need them for control tower segment) without the gyro?

The gyro is the problem, the touch-screen to first person isn't.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well purchased "Let's Fish! Hooked On!"

Only played into the beginning of Ai's tourney mode, lost a match, then realized there were skill up areas, and beat 2 or 3 of those...

The music and sound effects sound so Sega, it's like I'm playing Outrun Coast to Coast! I can deal with this.

The game looks nice, though maybe it has a few minor frame dips while panning over stage / reflective water? Nothing too horrible. Looks nice and sharp otherwise.

The touch controls work out very well, to me. Combined with some Dpad and Square button (for quick reel), I rather like the quick tap controls.

I don't like how fish can just... pop up in view at times. That's kinda odd. It doesn't really seem to effect what happens... the characters announce when a fish is interested, of even just somewhat close to the line. It's just a bit jarring in a "where did THAT one come from?!?" style way.

The story of the challenge mode; Only seen one cinematic. The text stays on screen as if it's timed to Voice acting, but there's none there. The pictures move and update over time, though. It felt slow going for the first few lines, but started to speed up towards the end of the conversation. I don't think you could press buttons to advance to the next line...

I don't know much about fishing specifics, so can't say anything about that... but it's good, arcadey fun, and the bits of story I've seen so far, while kinda non-sensical, should be interesting to see played around with, as the game goes on.

Will talk about it some more, when I get to spend more time with it, but I'm enjoying it so far, exactly what I expected at this point.

Does that disable the gyro and let me use the first person controls (since you need them for control tower segment) without the gyro?

The gyro is the problem, the touch-screen to first person isn't.

Yes, it disabled the gyro for me... it changes the "touch to aim here" bullshit too.

If it didn't disable gyro, I must've started tilting it a hell of a lot less. ;)

Top Bottom