• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Carl

Grab Cubixx for free on PSM, people :)

BB0csUVCAAEzEy8.png:large

DigitalOp

Banned
Eff my effing life......... With this 4GB card... It looks like I CANT have NGS+ AND PSASBR on my Vita at the same time

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SONYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! *shakes fist*

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
any hint from Sony or Yoshida on bigger memory cards? because the situation is beyond ridiculous right now.

hell,not even memory cards.. they should think about making bigger game cards too because 3GB(?) limit is already hurting games/ports and gamers.

cyborg009

Banned
any hint from Sony or Yoshida on bigger memory cards? because the situation is beyond ridiculous right now.

hell,not even memory cards.. they should think about making bigger game cards too because 3GB(?) limit is already hurting games/ports and gamers.

I think they said higher game card cost more to produce.

Here:
Retail games will be sold on proprietary flash-based cartridges which feature writable partitions for storing save games, patches and DLC. Initially these cards will come in 2GB or 4 GB capacities, but Sony confirmed they will be able to increase cart sizes as manufacturing improvements make it cost effective to do so.

Jury is still out on NGS+ for me.
I can definitely feel the difference.
But I haven't hit any super dips in the framerate yet where it's affected combat.
We'll see how the rest of the chapter I'm on shakes out, I guess.

So.

Sly Cooper.

=/

Because it's bad or because of the load times.
As soon as VanWinkle said it's most like 2, I decided I wasn't even going to bother with the 780mb download.

Shoyz

Looks like by '240' lures they meant 20 lures with 3 different versions (60) which are recolored depending on which character is using them (240)?..

Not only does Let's Fish somehow have lag, but I've had a number of fish pop-in as I'm reeling in. This game.

Edit: Infinite 'connecting' when trying to upload my score to PSN. Cancelling seemingly..locked up the game. And it didn't save. Uuggh.

Battery on vita almost died playing gravity rush but I'm close to the end now, got 3ish chapters left.

Have to say I'm still loving the atmosphere and music and hell the movement controls.

But the combat is horrible, the story is nonsense and its getting a bit repetitive.

Still ill play till the end and hopefully the inevitable sequel fixes some if not all of these issues

branny

Jury is still out on NGS+ for me.
I can definitely feel the difference.
But I haven't hit any super dips in the framerate yet where it's affected combat.
We'll see how the rest of the chapter I'm on shakes out, I guess.
I'm only up to Ch. 13 or so right now, but the only noteworthy dip during combat so far for me (that wasn't a Sigma surprise loading screen) was briefly at the Military Gate in Tairon where you get the Great Bow. I think it was the turrets or something. If there were dips elsewhere, I wasn't really paying attention.

30fps works for NG a lot better than I thought it would. The placebo effect of the game feeling slower is still a thing for me, though.

I'm only up to Ch. 13 or so right now, but the only noteworthy dip during combat so far for me (that wasn't a Sigma surprise loading screen) was briefly at the Military Gate in Tairon where you get the Great Bow. I think it was the turrets or something. If there were dips elsewhere, I wasn't really paying attention.

30fps works for NG a lot better than I thought it would. The placebo effect of the game feeling slower is still a thing for me, though.
I'm up to last boss and have no potions.

Ponn

Banned
Looks like by '240' lures they meant 20 lures with 3 different versions (60) which are recolored depending on which character is using them (240)?..

Not only does Let's Fish somehow have lag, but I've had a number of fish pop-in as I'm reeling in. This game.

Edit: Infinite 'connecting' when trying to upload my score to PSN. Cancelling seemingly..locked up the game. And it didn't save. Uuggh.

Oh my. Not sure i'm hooked on.

VanWinkle

Yep! That's it. Idk which I like better. The Vita version kinda looks bad, but i like the art style. I suppose I'll adjust.

I don't think it looks bad at all. Really crisp image quality being native-res. Nice lighting and particle effects, good draw distance and character models.

btkadams

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What was the graphical settings to use Leona?

Grab Cubixx for free on PSM, people :)

Holy shit, wasn't this on PS3? It's basically Qix in 3D. Sure, I'll take it as a minor distraction, Sony.

breakfuss

going by how bad the demo is, I'm not surprised that Sony is completely ashamed and trying to hide the game.

Going to try out the demo now. Regardless, I feel like Sony does such a poor piss job of promoting its IPs. I know they fired the majority of their PR staff last year, but still. Why bother with an ambassador program when you neglect the basics.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Going to try out the demo now. Regardless, I feel like Sony does such a poor piss job of promoting its IPs. I know they fired the majority of their PR staff last year, but still. Why bother with an ambassador program when you neglect the basics.

It's one of SCE weakest fronts this gen, many good games and new IPs on PS3 died/bombed because their shitty marketing,and as well all see they don't know hot to market not only games but Vita itself.

and yes they got new marketing agency,fired their PR guys but seriously nothing changed at all,they are still freaking bad at marketing.

Top Bottom