• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

I'm buying the sly game - fully paid - for Vita. I will say I'm deflated by the demo, it looks like shit. Like Wii/iphone 4 quality visuals. I expected better :(

Fun demo though

RoKKeR

I feel like an idiot.

Just turned on my Vita for the first time in a few weeks and Ninja Gaiden is a PS+ game? How'd I miss that? lol

Fusebox

Banned
So I just bought a Vita to play Uncharted, Persona and replay FFVII. It's a beautiful bit of kit!

Two gripes.

1. I wish I could navigate the dashboard, close apps and wake from sleep without having to touch my screen. It's summer here and hot fingers leave marks.

2. Whenever the system goes to sleep it pauses my downloads.

Everything else is AWESOME. I've got PS+ as well so I'm really looking forward to checking out Gravity Rush, JSR etc.

B.O.O.M

Made this for someone else who asked for it but I think many in this thread can relate to this problem well :p

Yourcardisalready_zps5f791a62.png

Anywho can't wait for KZ merc and Tearaway info

zulux21

I feel like an idiot.

Just turned on my Vita for the first time in a few weeks and Ninja Gaiden is a PS+ game? How'd I miss that? lol
well you only are like 4 hours late so not a big deal as it just became free today.

So I just bought a Vita to play Uncharted, Persona and replay FFVII. It's a beautiful bit of kit!

Two gripes.

1. I wish I could navigate the dashboard, close apps and wake from sleep without having to touch my screen. It's summer here and hot fingers leave marks.

Everything else is AWESOME. I've got PS+ as well so I'm really looking forward to checking out Gravity Rush, JSR etc.
you can somewhat fix both of those
in settings you can switch it so that you can use buttons for the dashboard... dont remember were in settings though. you still have to use touch screen to close apps and wake from sleep i think though.

as for the pausing of the downloads... if you let it go to sleep they should continue, if you press the power button to put it into sleep it will pause the downloads. If you are letting it go to sleep and it's stopping the downloads i think there is a setting you need to change (that isn't defaultly on) someone else would know better.

Does that disable the gyro and let me use the first person controls (since you need them for control tower segment) without the gyro?

The gyro is the problem, the touch-screen to first person isn't.

For the control tower just leave one guy standing around on the ground to make shooting the guys on the tower easy!

Fusebox

Banned
Thx zulux I'll check the settings for a way to browse with buttons.

I saw that bit about letting it sleep on the net, but I've let mine sleep without touching it and it still pauses. I'll monitor it for a bit and see how it goes.

It's sweet hardware!

VanWinkle

Two gripes.

For 1. there is a setting to allow you navigate the UI with buttons. The only thing you can't do is unlock the screen. You have to use the touchscreen, but then everything is you can use buttons (including the store, friends, trophies, etc.). A couple of tips: "o" button closes apps, and L and R switches between apps (like swiping left and right).

In terms of your second problem, I have no idea why it would do that. It should download fine while in sleep mode.

zulux21

Thx zulux I'll check the settings for a way to browse with buttons.

I saw that bit about letting it sleep on the net, but I've let mine sleep without touching it and it still pauses. I'll monitor it for a bit and see how it goes.

It's sweet hardware!

yeah it shouldn't pause... I downloaded ninja gaiden in sleep mode earlier lol
also it's
Settings -> system -> control with buttons on ps vita system check on.
as for the internet thing check settings -> network -> wifi settings and scroll down and make sure disconnect wi fi connection automatically is not checked

Massa

I get the feeling that "Game Day" will be the day Sony posts its Super Bowl commercial online and nothing else.

I'm sure that's what it is. They're not going to announce new Vita games the day after info on Killzone comes out, no reason to crowd everything.

underkanter

Neo Member
Any good write-ups on pso2 in English? Is there an NDA or something? I find the lack of coverage from the beta very confusing and slightly disheartening

zulux21

no reason to crowd everything.

to be fair even with the release date of soul sacrifice in NA confirmed and the localization of muramasa confirmed the line up for 2013 still feels rather empty (yes there is still plenty of time, but it's a hard sell to make to friends right now). A good reason to crowd things would be to make the future line up feel more exciting and healthy. It wouldn't be horrible if they came out and made a bunch of "this game will come eventually" announcements to get people more excited about the future of the platform and maybe stop thinking about how dead it looks for a bit.

Now obviously they don't want to dump everything at once especially since there is a big conference every 6 weeks anymore, but a few more announcements would likely push people to get the system, i know two of my friends are on the edge and another 1-2 games they want would make them run out and get one.

I mean there really isn't much reason to try to hide games until E3 for the vita when A. we will have an info blow out on the ps4 and in general the vita will be forgotten this e3. and B. any big game they have would be leaked ahead of time anyways, it's just the sony way lol.
They should just come out and like nintendo did say "this is coming sometime don't worry" for their franchises like GT that are obviously coming we just don't know when. I wouldn't be surprised if an infamous game was in the planning steps, that would be a fine announcement as well.

zulux21

I've heard VLR has a good story and that's why I'm interested in it. I'll try to check the reviews and stuff too.

they are both said to have a good story, but VLR is a semi sequel to 999 meanwhile persona 4 is completely stand alone, which is why I said if you haven't played 999 just go with persona 4 because you should play 999 first (or find a way to experience it at least.)

I've heard VLR has a good story and that's why I'm interested in it. I'll try to check the reviews and stuff too.

VLR has a lot of references to 999. VLR won't be unplayable if you haven't played 999, but you'll get the most out of the story and appreciate VLR better if you play 999 first. If you have no way to play 999, you can always just watch a Let's Play on YouTube.

For me personally, I would get the True Ending in 999 before touching VLR.

they are both said to have a good story, but VLR is a semi sequel to 999 meanwhile persona 4 is completely stand alone, which is why I said if you haven't played 999 just go with persona 4 because you should play 999 first (or find a way to experience it at least.)

VLR has a lot of references to 999. VLR won't be unplayable if you haven't played 999, but you'll get the most out of the story and appreciate VLR better if you play 999 first. If you have no way to play 999, you can always just watch a Let's Play on YouTube.

For me personally, I would get the True Ending in 999 before touching VLR.

Thanks guys.

I guess I have to go back to my DS for 999, and play VLR later.

hamchan

I can't tell if the normal difficulty for Ninja Gaiden Sigma is easier for the Vita version or if i've just gotten better at the game because of previous playthroughs.

I can't tell if the normal difficulty for Ninja Gaiden Sigma is easier for the Vita version or if i've just gotten better at the game because of previous playthroughs.

It seems pretty much the same as the PS3 one from what I remember. I am finding hard mode a tad easier but I think that's just down to me having played so much of the game now over the years that I'm used to the game now!

Top Bottom