• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

OmegaZero

What are some good early Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus combos? I keeping getting killed on Normal mode. >.<

Square -> Triangle (hold).

If they get knocked up by that, then throw a few shuriken and wait till they fall back on the ground then immediately do:

Forward Triangle -> Square (Midair) -> Circle -> Triangle.

Then press Triangle on them while they're on the ground to stab them if they're still alive somehow.

Or you could just do:

Square -> Triangle -> Square (air) -> Circle - > Triangle.

Remember that Square and X at the same time will make Ryu perform a homing jump toward an enemy. Pressing X again above an enemy will make Ryu jump off their head, stunning them.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
New game announcements for the west or no read.

i'll put money down.... you read regardless of new game announcements AND make atleast 1 negative comment about what is discussed.

edit: sry toto. i cant help it. gotta fight the pessimism...will try to stop if you do! ;)

Can't wait for tomorrow guys, fingers crossed its all good news

haaha...what if - we are announcing discontinuing the vita! o_O

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If anything, I regret even playing it once... now I'll have it mocking me on my trophy list until the end of time :p

You can get most of the trophies on regular. Veteran and the Time-trials is the one you have to worry about killing yourself over.

Games terrible and I wish I never started it.

Anyway redownloaded SvJuggleken and it downloaded the alternate complete pack. Good lord, WHY.jpg Those aren't even good! (And Capcom never gave me my Cody cop outfit!)

But it downloaded Version 2013 as well, so yay?

Predictably NGS+ is KICKING. MY. ASS! Those fucking white ninjas hopping all over the fucking place AAAGGGGGHHHHH

I'm starting to get the hang of it and chopped off three heads in a row at one point, but goddamn. Might have to downgrade to Hero (i.e. Ninja Dog) Mode at this rate.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
do you guys remember when we thought the PSM can be a real app store and will give PSVita great variety useful apps ? and not just Z-grade iOS/andoid games and Mini ports?

:(

ZeroAKA

Thanks for the combo tips, guys. I'll give them a try later.

Predictably NGS+ is KICKING. MY. ASS! Those fucking white ninjas hopping all over the fucking place AAAGGGGGHHHHH

I'm starting to get the hang of it and chopped off three heads in a row at one point, but goddamn. Might have to downgrade to Hero (i.e. Ninja Dog) Mode at this rate.
Same, lol. It takes me forever to pull off kills because I've been playing really defensively.

do you guys remember when we thought the PSM can be a real app store and will give PSVita great variety useful apps ? and not just Z-grade iOS/andoid games and Mini ports?

It would have been so fucking awesome if Vita went for an android-based OS instead. We would get apps compatible with the console AND the PSN store for our Vita games.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So something at 6pm CST?

Manuel Stanislao @ManuelStanislao 42m
Oh, and looks like tonight at midnight something will appear on the interweb. #Mistery
May not be Vita related but I like surprises.

Shoyz

It would have been so fucking awesome if Vita went for an android-based OS instead. We would get apps compatible with the console AND the PSN store for our Vita games.

I thought so too, it would fully open the device up to homebrew/emulators without the need to hack it. Considering they went with a full capacitive screen and -one of the two major models had 3G-, I can't understand why they didn't!

Cornbread78

alright VITAbros, I've been patrolling other threads for awhile and have neglected this one, but I have a question. Will we EVER get these in NA, either as DD or physical releases? Who can we beat up to get them localized?

- Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland
- Lord of Apocalypse
- Tales of Innocence R
- Tales of Hearts R
- Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta

ZeroAKA

alright VITAbros, I've been patrolling other threads for awhile and have neglected this one, but I have a question. Will we EVER get these in NA, either as DD or physical releases? Who can we beat up to get them localized?

- Lord of Apocalypse
- Tales of Innocence R
- Tales of Hearts R
Tecmo Koei, Square Enix, Namco Bandai, Namco Bandai, and XSEED, in that order. I want those games to be localized too.

RpgN

Crap, Dokuro is the trial version. They just had to screw something up :/ Knowing SCEE, they're going to take ages getting it sorted *not amused* I liked what I played of it though.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

- Lord of Apocalypse
- Tales of Innocence R
- Tales of Hearts R

recent discussion has said XSEED has 5 games left to announce...

people are hoping/expecting Ys to be one - personally i dont know if it's THAT Ys game you're referring to, but i assume it is.

Tales of Hearts R has a very low chance iirc from the last time i asked the thread that same question.. the rest i have no idea.

I'll trade whatever dumb new game announcements are coming for a 32GB memory card at discontinued prices :p

The sooner the vita dies the sooner I get some decent storage!

Yeah I kept waiting for that 6 month price cut like the 3DS had and then looked forward to the "early adopter package" of free games they would give to everyone who paid top dollar on launch..... Never happened.

That being said, Id much rather they keep supporting vita instead of getting a cheap memory card to put no new games onto...

oldmario

Crap, Dokuro is the trial version. They just had to screw something up :/ Knowing SCEE, they're going to take ages getting it sorted *not amused* I liked what I played of it though.

jawad put a comment on the blog, you have to call customer support (direct them to this comment ) and they should forward it up to head office for a refund

just had to do it myself, and to think i was gonna import this instead, wish i did now

OmegaZero

Here's a nice tip for Ninja Gaiden Sigma +:

If you hold the block button, you can keep Ryu from absorbing essence (yellow, blue, and red orbs that are released from objects and dead enemies). You can roll and jump while holding the block button, but Ryu can't block in midair.

If you press triangle right upon landing, you can instantly absorb the essence floating around to do a Ultimate technique, instead of having to hold triangle to charge it. A practical way to do this is circle in midair, then triangle just before landing.

Cornbread78

recent discussion has said XSEED has 5 games left to announce...

people are hoping/expecting Ys to be one - personally i dont know if it's THAT Ys game you're referring to, but i assume it is.

Tales of Hearts R has a very low chance iirc from the last time i asked the thread that same question.. the rest i have no idea.

- Yay on Ys, but I thought we would've heard something by now...
- aarrgghhh on Tales

- Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland - Possibly
- Lord of Apocalypse - No
- Tales of Innocence R - Namco is weird
- Tales of Hearts R - Namco is weird
- Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta - Possible

That's what I think, at least.

Lord I don't really care about, but aren't there already English versions of the Tales games and Atelier games out there? What would be the major drawback of them being re-translated in English and put up on PSN? The whole localization thing still confuses the $hit outta me constantly....

RpgN

jawad put a comment on the blog, you have to call customer support (direct them to this comment ) and they should forward it up to head office for a refund

just had to do it myself, and to think i was gonna import this instead, wish i did now

I tried calling them but the number wasn't working, though I live in the Netherlands so that might have something to do with it. I've sent an e-mail instead to networksupport@uk.playstation.com

I hope I've sent it to the right place and that they'll fix it right away. This is so annoying :/

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF....

knew this would happen...

For what it's worth, users say it's safe to download now. Except for us early adopters probably.

I tried calling them but the number wasn't working, though I live in the Netherlands so that might have something to do with it. I've sent an e-mail instead to networksupport@uk.playstation.com

I hope I've sent it to the right place and that they'll fix it right away. This is so annoying :/

Did you call the Dutch number? I'm Dutch too but I'm going to handle this ish tomorrow.

kiyomi

I thought both Tales games were released in NA in English on DS?

Abyss came out on the 3DS and the only other one I can see is Tales of Destiny II which came out on the DS in NA, but that's a different game to Tales of Destiny 2. Bizarre.

But neither Hearts or Innocence (or R) have come to the West, I believe.

Derrick01

Banned

No? I thought that was the whole purpose of PS Mobile from the start, to bring over shitty smartphone games. Which is why I tuned out.

Shoyz

I suppose that's the opposite of the time I downloaded the full version of, what was it, Undead Knights? That was accidentally uploaded as the demo.

Looks like KZ:M news might be hitting at 00:00 GMT...?

I'm excited for this.

I vastly prefer western style games (with a decent sprinkling of good JP titles); I acknowledge my enjoyment of action/adventure games best:

(examples: Resident Evil, Uncharted, Assassins Creed, God of War, Red Dead Redemption, Vanquish, Mirrors Edge, Dragons Dogma, Ninja Gaiden, Kid Icarus Uprising, ES: Oblivion, Dark Souls, etc.)

Everyone fawning over niche JP Vita titles, seems so foreign to me, as they do nothing for my interests on Vita. The more announcements tailored to games I enjoy = me happy.

I fully understand that a lot of you guys are happy with the JP games being unveiled, as they are geared toward your interests. The good thing about Vita, it's region free. If as many members here were vocal about excitement for Tearaway, Killzone or another Uncharted/GoW - I would feel less disconnected, I guess :(

Top Bottom