• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

RpgN

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF....

knew this would happen...

For what it's worth, users say it's safe to download now. Except for us early adopters probably.

Did you call the Dutch number? I'm Dutch too but I'm going to handle this ish tomorrow.

The thing is, my vita account is a UK one, I'm guessing they won't be able to help me but I'm not sure. There are many advantages to having a UK account, but it sure brings some dilemma when dealing with problems :(

EDIT:

Well, it's great that they got Dokuro sorted for the people who didn't purchase it sooner. The demo played really well, get Dokuro everyone!

DigitalOp

Banned
I'm excited for this.

I vastly prefer western style games (with a decent sprinkling of good JP titles); I acknowledge my enjoyment of action/adventure games best:

(examples: Resident Evil, Uncharted, Assassins Creed, God of War, Red Dead Redemption, Vanquish, Mirrors Edge, Dragons Dogma, Ninja Gaiden, Kid Icarus Uprising, ES: Oblivion, Dark Souls, etc.)

Everyone fawning over niche JP Vita titles, seems so foreign to me, as they do nothing for my interests on Vita. The more announcements tailored to games I enjoy = me happy.

I fully understand that a lot of you guys are happy with the JP games being unveiled, as they are geared toward your interests. The good thing about Vita, it's region free. If as many members here were vocal about excitement for Tearaway, Killzone or another Uncharted/GoW - I would feel less disconnected, I guess :(

IMO there's no need to feel like you aren't the main demographic of Vita, It has been a slow start but the titles are showing up and not only that, but backed by quality and polish.

You have nothing to fear regarding the near future, It will be glorious, Promise.
You can even hold me to it. haha

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
No? I thought that was the whole purpose of PS Mobile from the start, to bring over shitty smartphone games. Which is why I tuned out.

It was really hyped as app heaven for Vita more than the shitty phone games, people who got PlayStation Suite SDK were doing some shit with it early on(remember the Desktop RemotePlay or controlling a wifi robots app..ect)

it's a shame that it ended as a dumpster for shitty iOS/Andoid/mini ports

btkadams

I'm excited for this.

I vastly prefer western style games (with a decent sprinkling of good JP titles); I acknowledge my enjoyment of action/adventure games best:

(examples: Resident Evil, Uncharted, Assassins Creed, God of War, Red Dead Redemption, Vanquish, Mirrors Edge, Dragons Dogma, Ninja Gaiden, Kid Icarus Uprising, ES: Oblivion, Dark Souls, etc.)

Everyone fawning over niche JP Vita titles, seems so foreign to me, as they do nothing for my interests on Vita. The more announcements tailored to games I enjoy = me happy.

I fully understand that a lot of you guys are happy with the JP games being unveiled, as they are geared toward your interests. The good thing about Vita, it's region free. If as many members here were vocal about excitement for Tearaway, Killzone or another Uncharted/GoW - I would feel less disconnected, I guess :(

as a person who is excited for japanese localizations (and somewhat vocal), let me comfort you by saying i am more excited for killzone and tearaway than anything else that has been announced for vita. i also cannot wait to see what bend will do next. it just seems like more people are talking about japanese games because those games already exist in another region. they are already being made or have been released in japan, so it makes people very vocal about wanting them localized. i'm sure people would be just as vocal about killzone if it was exclusive to a region.

Carl

It was really hyped as app heaven for Vita more than the shitty phone games, people who got PlayStation Suite SDK were doing some shit with it early on(remember the Desktop RemotePlay or controlling a wifi robots app..ect)

Except that barely any of them are iOS/Android/Mini ports. Not that matters to you Toto.

We shall see.

To be honest the touch screen stealth kills or assassinations or whatever the hell was in the initial trailer were a drag...hopefully things have improved. Do we know WHEN Mercenary takes place?

Tomodachi

lkjdgflhjdsgfnjlkn!!!

Just when I was about to lose all hope! A whole month of travel, 8000+ km covered, many days of fear and loathing but it's finally HEREEEEE!

OtyXPCR.jpg

I am so happy Q__________Q

kiyomi

You shouldn't feel disconnected just because there are a handful but vocal number of Vita owners that want somewhat more niche games, your tastes are your own and ultimately the only thing that is going to satisfy you as a Vita owner are the games that you want to play. I'm not sure if you're specifically talking about this thread, but if you are, then be part of that conversation and speak up for the games you're really excited for.

I think most of the talk about the more niche games stems from a desire to see them localized and supported out West, so it's only natural that the games people aren't getting are perhaps most in demand.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
@Tomodachi

congrats,nice pick up.

We shall see.

To be honest the touch screen stealth kills or assassinations or whatever the hell was in the initial trailer were a drag...hopefully things have improved. Do we know WHEN Mercenary takes place?

well.. it can't be after KZ3 since that stupid ending fucked everything, I'd say before KZ2.

Maybe I'd be more excited for more non-Japanese games if they actually released info on them steadily. But yeah, no, that doesn't happen.

Lord I don't really care about, but aren't there already English versions of the Tales games and Atelier games out there? What would be the major drawback of them being re-translated in English and put up on PSN? The whole localization thing still confuses the $hit outta me constantly....
I don't think there are English versions of those Tales titles, but yes, the Ateleir series has been localized. Only difference is that Tecmo Koei now handles the Atelier series and they... don't really care, if the Ayesha localization says anything.

Thanks for the links! Going to have to wait to watch though :(.
If you're like me, you won't be disappointed! :D I just hope Amiami lets me finalize my payment soon.

congrats! say goodbye to your personal life :D

I am nearing 100 hours on my first playtgrough and am already contemplating a second playthrough. Platinum might be within reach on the second run. I only dread reading all the books and maxing all social links in the same playthrough. Is that possible? I missed a few books in my first playthrough.

Which ones are ports? Cubixx, Super Crate Box and what else?

Thanks all ^

Hopefully when Killzone and Tearaway preview info seeps out, most of us will be excited and quite chatty about it. Whether positive or negative, but attentive.

^_^

anddo0

I've owned Ninja Gaiden Σ+ since launch but it's been buried away because of other games.
I'm on chapter 12, getting ready for Sigma 2. I beat Sigma on PS3. Owned Sigma 2 but never beat it.

2013-01-30-123926_zpse987a7a9.jpg

I'm excited for this.

Hmm they aren't my genres really - i'm not a huge fan of modern fpses (i spent thousands of hours in CS, Q3, UT99 so i can't adjust to console ones) and I dislike 3D platformers.

New God of War or something like x-com would sent my hype levels to maximum :)

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Hmm they aren't my genres really - i'm not a huge fan of modern fpses (i spent thousands of hours in CS, Q3, UT99 so i can't adjust to console ones) and I dislike 3D platformers.

New God of War or something like x-com would sent my hype levels to maximum :)

man i'd love a gow or xcom on vita....

rainbow moon might be the perfect SRPG fix though - or if they make VC2 compatible.

also i feel like fat princess would fix nicely on vita - wish that game performed better. i really enjoyed the demo. ( yes i'm part of the problem, not buying it yet)

The thing is, my vita account is a UK one, I'm guessing they won't be able to help me but I'm not sure. There are many advantages to having a UK account, but it sure brings some dilemma when dealing with problems :(

EDIT:

Well, it's great that they got Dokuro sorted for the people who didn't purchase it sooner. The demo played really well, get Dokuro everyone!

Yeah I emailed Dutch customer support. Let's see how fast this is solved...

RoeBear

I picked up Playstation All Stars Battle Royale yesterday for PS3 redeemed the digital copy without hassle. So far the only thing that I can't understand is how on the loading screens, the character portraits looks so crummy. I mean the game in motion looks great, I don't see how the in game story screens look fantastic while the thing you see every match is presented so poorly.

Omlagus

It's been years since I played through Ninja Gaiden Black, I'd forgotten how much fun that was!

Of course, thinking back, I also remember some controller throwing moments with some of the bosses
Alma
so I hope I can restrain myself this time through and not heave my Vita against a wall.

It's been years since I played through Ninja Gaiden Black, I'd forgotten how much fun that was!

Of course, thinking back, I also remember some controller throwing moments with some of the bosses
Alma
so I hope I can restrain myself this time throw and not heave my Vita against a wall.

It's a secret Sony plan to double Vita sales :D

SmokyDave

Just browsing the store to pop some new stuff on my Vita and it seems I've bought three games that I don't even remember buying. Man, we really need a library app or something to keep track of games.

Top Bottom