• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

There is a new game being announced tonight? I thought it was just the Killzone embargo? Ehh I'm sure it will be dumb

HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO NEW DEMONS SOULS FOR VITA HYPEHYPHYPE

VanWinkle

I don't even expect any new game announcements. That way I won't be disappointed if we don't. I just want Killzone and Tearaway info.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Yeah I usually sleep at like 1 so hopefully ill get to see the news :)

Any guesses at what a new game might be?

Reealisticly mind.

I think maybe a good psn game, something like dead nation or journey

Mistwalker title. - note i am jsut pulling this out of my ass solely because he said "mistery"

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Here's a nice tip for Ninja Gaiden Sigma +:

If you hold the block button, you can keep Ryu from absorbing essence (yellow, blue, and red orbs that are released from objects and dead enemies). You can roll and jump while holding the block button, but Ryu can't block in midair.

If you press triangle right upon landing, you can instantly absorb the essence floating around to do a Ultimate technique, instead of having to hold triangle to charge it. A practical way to do this is circle in midair, then triangle just before landing.

On-landing Y doesn't work anymore, it should insta-UT1 you to where grabbing the essence should UT2 you.

Takao

Banned
I thought so too, it would fully open the device up to homebrew/emulators without the need to hack it. Considering they went with a full capacitive screen and -one of the two major models had 3G-, I can't understand why they didn't!

You answered yourself, because it would fully open the device up to homebrew/emulators without the need to hack it. Sony makes money off of software. Put in Android, have people crack it in a day, RIP software money.

I thought both Tales games were released in NA in English on DS?

Tales of the Tempest, Tales of Innocence, and Tales of Hearts (the DS three) were never officially released in English. There were rumors that Scamco was going to do it, they even trademarked the names (and then re-trademarked them around the time of Vita's release) but nothing happened.

So wait, NG Sigma + is like 2.3GB? Sigh, I was afraid of that... I have a puny 8GB card and can't afford a 32GB card at the moment :( I finally just got DJMAX though, it's so amazing.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
as I said before, new announcements or go home.

KZM and that Terawhatever game are already announced, we need new crap of Vita, the last time something big (and not a port)for the west announced for Vita was like ages ago.

VanWinkle

KZM and that Terawhatever game are already announced, we need new crap of Vita, the last time something big (and not a port)for the west announced for Vita was like ages ago.

So, just to get this straight, if they aren't announcing new games, they shouldn't even show off the big two announced titles, for which we have very little information?

Carl

Toto in negativity shocker.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
So, just to get this straight, if they aren't announcing new games, they shouldn't even show off the big two announced titles, for which we have very little information?

we know so little about either game, that they are probably treating both games as if they are "unannounced" and will divulge a lot of info...

so really it is like we are getting two new games....we just know their titles.. :p

the power of optimism!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

At this point and in this lack of Vita new software situation we currently living in? yes ,show new games like what any company should do or just don't bother.

Wasn't Soul Sacrifice announced for the West *this* week? :)

I would love to hear more new game announcements, especially with the summer months and on having next to no games with a release date. Even the next couple of months are light outside of Sly 4 and Soul Sacrifice and MLB 13.

However, I will take news on Tearaway over nothing anyday.

Carl

At this point and in this lack of Vita new software situation we currently living in? yes ,show new games like what any company should do or just don't bother.

For all intents and purposes, they are new games. We haven't seen proper gameplay of either.

VanWinkle

That's simply a dumb viewpoint to have. Nobody's saying we don't need some MORE games, but what's wrong with showing off SOME MORE GAMES? Who cares if we already know they exist? If they happen to announce some new ones, awesome, but don't put so much weight on that.

And like others said, we basically know nothing about these two games.

Tomodachi

It seems like the italian ps blog made a mistake and upped the infos about killzone before its time! I can see the article on my RSS feed but when I click on it it says page not available! Gonna screengrab right now!

Sid

Here we go,from the KZ thread

Here some details of the news

Sony has released new information for Killzone: Mercenary, first-person shooter Killzone series, developed specifically for PlayStation Vita using the wonderful graphics engine Killzone 3.
The history of the title begins immediately after the end of the first Killzone, and follows many of the events of the trilogy in the saga. The game puts you in the combat boots worn by a mercenary called ArranDanner. Darren is an ex-soldier UCA which has no problem accepting commissioned works by the ISA and Helghast.
When a simple rescue mission Vektan Ambassador and his family goes the wrong, Danner understands that exist of the war depends on the fate of the young son of the Ambassador. While the two sides are trying in every way to seize the boy, Darren starts to wonder if the price of victory really worth his pay.
Consists of nine single-player missions - lasting about one hour each - Killzone: Mercenary offers all in a portable gaming experience that made famous the Killzone franchise. Completed missions are replayable, enriched with new challenges and special objectives. In addition, the title boasts a multiplayer mode fully developed ad-hoc, with six maps tailored to accommodate eight players and three different game modes, including the famous Warzone mode.
To stay in line with the theme of "mercenary", every action done in Killzone: Mercenary is rewarded. The better your performance, the higher your pay - not only in the single-player campaign, but also in multiplayer mode. The wages you receive are stored in a single bank account and the money accumulated can be used to buy weapons and equipment for use in multiplayer matches, and vice versa.
Killzone: Mercenary uses the possibilities of control offered by PlayStation Vita and its graphics capabilities. The dual stick controls, the classic first-person shooter, are accompanied by the touch screen to unleash brutal attacks short-range and motion sensor that allows you to take better aim when you need maximum precision. The game uses the graphics engine of Killzone 3 in order to create huge environments with an impressive amount of detail. But do not just believe our own words, look at the trailer above and look at the screenshot below: The release of Killzone: Mercenary is scheduled for September 2013.

Tomodachi

I hope this is not against gaf's rules ^^;;

na30rG5.jpg

Translating right now.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

so you'd rather have more random titles announced without any information other than a title...than concrete information and dates on top-tier games that we know next to nothing about...

but the kicker is....

if you got your way and games were announced.... you'd complain that we know nothing about them and wouldnt be satisfied because of the lack of info. Odds are you'd also comment on what good is new titles when we barely have any info on titles we already know about..

there's really just no pleasing some people i geuss.

i'm all for opinions. 100%. i even agree with you sometimes! (yeeesh, amirite?) But, i'm pretty sure you just troll, looking for responses.

here's some homework for you totobeni - your next post, say something good about your favorite vita game. it'd be a nice change for everyone, and i'm sure itll feel good for you to say something positive. ya know, change it up a little. keep things fresh....that or sell your vita.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
so only ad-hoc right?

that means you ahve ot be on the same network? or no?

ad-hoc never works for me in hot shots

soul sacrifice to killzone :) mmmmm

Tomodachi

Does the trailer play?
Nope, private account.

I'm too slow and sucky at translating from italian to english, sorry ^^;

First part:
The story starts right after the first killzone's ending and covers many of the events told in the three chapters. You'll play as a mercenary named Arran Danner. He's an ex-soldier from UCA that takes no issue on working for ISA and the Helghast.
When a simply rescue mission for Ambassador Vektan and his family goes wrong Danner realized that the outcome of the war depends on the Ambassador's son. While the two factions try as they can to take hold of the boy Darren starts wondering if victory's price is really worth it.

Composed of 9 single player missions (one hour each). Missions are replayable, enriched with challenges and special goals. There's also a new multiplayer mode with six maps for eight players and three different gameplay modes (including Warzone).

9 missions is concerning, I know they say each last an hour, but chances are they won't. Still a 6 hour-ish SP campaign for a FPS is about the norm and it should hit that at least. It will be especially fine if relayability is rewarding. It looks gorgeous in those screens. Quick someone sleuth the link to the trailer!!

Nobody listen to Monosnore's opinion anymore.

No we meant FolkBore.
:lol

Thanks for the laughs guys.

I forgot that Soul Sacrifice is a PSOne classic, so it's nothing to get excited about... but since we know that we can't run PS2 games on our Vita, that means no Folklore either. ;)
oh god you guys, that's too far

Oh god senran kagura actually looks good
It is! Made even better that it's Musou-like, which is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Top Bottom