• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
9 missions is concerning, I know they say each last an hour, but chances are they won't. Still a 6 hour-ish SP campaign for a FPS is about the norm and it should hit that at least. It will be especially fine if relayability is rewarding. It looks gorgeous in those screens. Quick someone sleuth the link to the trailer!!

I think they might be including the replayability in that hour per mission....hoping i'm wrong though.

can't wait. game looks great! will play other killzones this summer to prepare.

Tomodachi

Second part:
Every action gets a reward. The better your performances, the better the pay, not only in single player but in multiplayer as well. Your pays will be stored in a single bank account and you can use your money to buy weapons and accessories for multiplayer matches.
Killzone Mercenary uses at best Vita's controls and graphical power. Dual sticks controls, tipycal of FPSs, are accompanied with touch screen to unleash brutal attacks, and moving the console allows you to aim with greater precision. The game uses Killzone 3's powerful graphical engine. Game's out in September. In the next weeks we'll have an exclusive interview with Piers Jackson, Game Director, and we'll have a better look at the multiplayer mode.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Killzone sound like it's Unit 13/COD Declassified shitty situation of barebone SP and complete lack of contents again.

smh

Derrick01

Banned
They probably mean in a leaderboard type way, earning more points, stuff like that.

That's not replayability if they meant it like that. Anyone can play the same thing over and over again.

Totobeni said:
Killzone sound like it's Unit 13/COD Declassified shitty situation of barebone SP and complete lack of contents again.

That's definitely the vibe I'm getting too. I'm not interested in handheld games that play into the notion that handheld gaming is vastly inferior to regular gaming.

Mr E.

Bah game terminology.
Missions equal levels in my brain. However for a mission to take an hour must mean multiple levels in a mission. If that makes sense.

I can't see a single level taking an hour, who knows?

nikatapi

Sorry if it's not the right place to ask this, but i found a used Vita with 4gb card and uncharted, for 150 euro.

Do you think it is a fair price? I'm worried that there will be a price drop in the coming months, and i don't know if this price is good for what is offered.

Thanks a lot.

Sorry if it's not the right place to ask this, but i found a used Vita with 4gb card and uncharted, for 150 euro.

Do you think it is a fair price? I'm worried that there will be a price drop in the coming months, and i don't know if this price is good for what is offered.

Thanks a lot.

Not sure about a price drop but that's a pretty good price :) I paid the same for that buy with lbp instead

I'm kind of shocked at all the hate I'm seeing regarding KZ: M's single player. Calm down people. You guys actually thought it would be canon, or not mission based? If the single player really is around like 6-8 hours realistically I think that's pretty good for a shooter, especially if the areas are as gorgeous as that unveil trailer was.

The online will be where it can really shine and as long as it's not ugly or broken 8 players with six maps and three modes to start will be enough for me, at least in the beginning. We have no idea how big the maps are either.

I'm kind of shocked at all the hate I'm seeing regarding KZ: M's single player. Calm down people. You guys actually thought it would be canon, or not mission based? If the single player really is around like 6-8 hours realistically I think that's pretty good for a shooter, especially if the areas are as gorgeous as that unveil trailer was.

The online will be where it can really shine and as long as it's not ugly or broken 8 players with six maps and three modes to start will be enough for me, at least in the beginning. We have no idea how big the maps are either.

This.

We don't even have proper concrete info yet. Just wait the remaining 4.5 hours

Spiegel

smh

How do nine (hour long) missions sound anything like Unit 13 or COD Declassified?

Reading posts of some of you is getting really tiresome. Always overreacting.

Jesus Christ, wait for more information.

Mr E.

9 hours is a lack of content?
To be fair that's a lot of time in single player.
Who really bothers with campaign modes anyway these days. It's all about online with modern day shooters. A lot of people don't even bother with single player and jump straight in.

Derrick01

Banned
9 hours is a lack of content?

Unit 13 has 30-something missions that I'm pretty sure take more than that if you tie them all together. But the overall package feels extremely cheap since they're just bite sized missions with overall low production values. Now it can be a difficult game at times but there's not a whole lot there. When a shooter comes out in that design it plays into the notion that handheld games can't get the same kind of treatment and respect as the big console games.

And I still don't buy into this game being 9 hours. You really think each level of a FPS is going to last a whole hour? That's a long time for 1 level in a shooter.

Tomodachi

Crossposting from the Killzone thread since I see there's a bit of confusion over here too:

Oh I also wanted to specify that "ad-hoc" is used very often in italian but it means "designed specifically for", so they're simply saying that the multiplayer was designed specifically for this Vita chapter. It does not imply the type of infrastructure for the online games!

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Crossposting from the Killzone thread since I see there's a bit of confusion over here too:

Oh I also wanted to specify that "ad-hoc" is used very often in italian but it means "designed specifically for", so they're simply saying that the multiplayer was designed specifically for this Vita chapter. It does not imply the type of infrastructure for the online games!

ahh!! weight off my back :) thanks for clearing that up

Fantastic! Speaking as someone who has over 1000 headshots in Golden Abyss, I LOVE gyro aim. So good.

agreed! but i am a little hesitant due to the fact that its a FPS. not sure how well those will work together. do cod or unit13 use it?

Super important thanks :)

kiyomi

The Grim Heaper said:
Nobody listen to Monosnore's opinion anymore.

Nobody does anyway. :lol

This. Be reasonable guys. Let's see some more of it first, yeah?

That's not replayability if they meant it like that. Anyone can play the same thing over and over again.

If the focus of the missions is to achieve high scores and not just complete them, you're completely wrong about this. :)

For The Club or anything where it's a "how fast can you do this while scoring high" the whole point of the game is to replay the missions over and over and over and over until you get better at them and beat all your competition.

Like Geometry Wars but with a FPS. :p

How do nine (hour long) missions sound anything like Unit 13 or COD Declassified?

Reading posts of some of you is getting really tiresome. Always overreacting.

Jesus Christ, wait for more information.

Exactly, Unit 13's missions are varying from like 2-30 minutes. If the missions in KZ:M are really about 60 minutes for an average gamer, that's not bad at all.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ever try playing iOS games? So many say 'wifi multiplayer' when it's local multiplayer where you have to be connected to the same wifi connection, drives me nuts. :(

That's a failure on Apple's part. In Sony's case ad-hoc is local, infrastructure is online. Unless something's changed from the PSP->PSP2 transition.

Carl

And I still don't buy into this game being 9 hours. You really think each level of a FPS is going to last a whole hour? That's a long time for 1 level in a shooter.

Depends what's in it. Depends what they class as a mission. A mission could have multiple parts to it.

I ignored the first part because it's stupid.

Top Bottom