• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Derrick01

Banned
If the focus of the missions is to achieve high scores and not just complete them, you're completely wrong about this. :)

For The Club or anything where it's a "how fast can you do this while scoring high" the whole point of the game is to replay the missions over and over and over and over until you get better at them and beat all your competition.

Like Geometry Wars but with a FPS. :p

That's so boring though. I got over the whole points thing in games once we left the SNES era. I'm not interested in farming levels for them anymore.

I can't believe it but I'm siding with Toto here. We need new game announcements asap because I'm sitting at 0 potential buys on Vita this year after this unveiling.

corrosivefrost said:
Killzone 3 had 9 chapters.

I'm just sayin'...

K3 took me 7 hours to finish.

Mr E.

As for Gyro controls get yourselves an office chair and spin about on that. Would be great for a Tank or Sub(periscope) game.

zulux21

I can't believe it but I'm siding with Toto here. We need new game announcements asap because I'm sitting at 0 potential buys on Vita this year after this unveiling.

even if you get more announcements they will likely just be niche titles that won't interest you. Given the current state of the vita there likely won't be any big budget third party games any time soon, and with sony getting ready to launch a new console most of their first party is likely dedicated to that, as the home console race next gen is still something sony could possibly win.

Spiegel

K3 took me 7 hours to finish.

This sounds like a KZ game then, no?

Not a "'Unit 13/COD Declassified shitty situation of barebone SP and complete lack of contents again." or "handheld games that play into the notion that handheld gaming is vastly inferior to regular gaming."

Ran rp

Just browsing the store to pop some new stuff on my Vita and it seems I've bought three games that I don't even remember buying. Man, we really need a library app or something to keep track of games.

I don't like deleting games off of my Vita because I don't want to forget what games I own. Is there any way of searching for full games on your download list?

What? I'm pretty sure it still works. Timing is slightly different because lol 30fps.

Ayup. It's weird... but so far, it's solid... I don't like the change in fps because it feels different, but then again, it's not terrible and NGS in my hands is pretty rad. Free was an excellent price for this. On chapter 5, normal.

PSY・S;47091123 said:
I don't like deleting games off of my Vita because I don't want to forget what games I own. Is there any way of searching for full games on your download list?

Me too. And no, there's no search or even sort for Download history... not unless maybe you can do it through the sonyentertainmentnetwork.com site.

It does to me.

Derrick01

Banned

Not a "'Unit 13/COD Declassified shitty situation of barebone SP and complete lack of contents again." or "handheld games that play into the notion that handheld gaming is vastly inferior to regular gaming."

Depends. Is it a 7 hour campaign or 7 hours of spliced up missions with no story or really anything that makes it into shooters and just shooting waves of bad guys for points like some ios game?

crinale

We need more pics of that Silver Vita. My PSP 2000 was silver so I have a soft spot for silver tech.

e7v8vMC.jpg

itLWeZO.jpg

mjO4PMS.jpg

XtMPbS2.jpg

Li6d5NM.jpg

Have you seen those pics?

OmegaZero

Ayup. It's weird... but so far, it's solid... I don't like the change in fps because it feels different, but then again, it's not terrible and NGS in my hands is pretty rad. Free was an excellent price for this. On chapter 5, normal.

Glad you're liking(ish) it so far.
What difficulty are you playing on? The Hydracubus fight tends to drop frames on higher difficulties, when he stars spewing goo while minions attack.

Nope. I'm sitting here A-Y'ing and nope. Ryu lands, starts to charge. No insta-charged UT.

I'll have to check this out when I get home. On land-charging helped me beat so many Ninja Trials.

Also, the official websites for NGS2+ have been updated with new catagories and screenshots.
Sub-native res is basically confirmed. :/

Your PSP2 has A and Y buttons? I'm so confused...

Referencing the button combinations for the Xbox controller, methinks.

Do any of these early Killzone articles mention bot support in multiplayer? That's all I want from a Killzone game, on top of totally awesome feeling guns.

Glad you're liking(ish) it so far.
What difficulty are you playing on? The Hydracubus fight tends to drop frames on higher difficulties, when he stars spewing goo while minions attack.

I'll have to check this out when I get home. On land-charging helped me beat so many Ninja Trials.

Also, the official websites for NGS2+ have been updated with new catagories and screenshots.
Sub-native res is basically confirmed. :/

Referencing the button combinations for the Xbox controller, methinks.

Normal at the moment, for difficulty... wasn't about to hop directly into hard, especially with being rusty, the drop in FPS, and the lack of new game+ stuff.

I saw some dropped frames in chapter 4 while I was fighting some of the black spider clan ninja.

Sub-native res and 60FPS? Please please please.

I'm old-school, so I use the X-box notations. X-Triangle in your case.

I'm just giving you shit.
Y'know if you were really old school, you'd be using SNES notation. Totally B-Xing that shit. :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I'm either misremembering or totally mistiming it with this change to 30FPS, because in Black on-landing Y would ET with a UT close-behind. In Sigma Plus, Ryu lands, has the sword slightly out but still has to "draw" to gain ET. Either they "fixed" the glitch or changed it but it's throwing me off because chaining ET's for the 10 second time limit is pretty needed for Chapter 1-2 for Master Ninja rank so you can gain essence quickly to on-land-UT with essence gained from ET chaining. Annoying.

Diablo Rosso said:
But PlayStation is older than Xbox.

PSX got a Ninja Gaiden release before 2000? HOLY SHIT LINKS PLZ.

WHOOSH

Ran rp

Yeah, it's looking sub-native alright :/ The screens themselves are only 700 x 397 and the IQ isn't great.

032.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

033.jpg

Is NGS2 a more demanding game or somethign?

PSY・S;47092812 said:
Yeah, it's looking sub-native alright :/ The screens themselves are only 700 x 397 and the IQ isn't great.

Yes. More demanding, I'd wager.
NGS was a PS3 launch window title, I believe... or early tenure at least, coming out in 2007.
NGS2 released in 2009, just over 2 years later.

I should think they figured out how to better harness the PS3's power by then, so I'm guessing, as I said above, that it's more technically demanding.

Even with that in mind, the only way sub-native is a bad thing is if they made those concessions to keep it at 30fps. Then it's extremely disappointing.

If they made the change to get to 60fps? God bless Team Ninja. :)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
PSY・S;47092812 said:

Yeah,also it got bigger environments and there are always tons of enemies attacking you(more than what in NG1/NGS1), it was also a huge upgrade graphics-wise over both Sigma1 and NG2.

Eightyone will be pleased.

I am pleased.

Since the site is PSItaly, is there a chance the Sept date is EU? Could NA receive it sooner? (see Sly 4)

Adding:

PSY・S;47092812 said:

032.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

033.jpg

Looks damn sweet to me ^_^

Wonko_C

Keep in mind also that Sigma's geometry is nearly unchanged from the Xbox original, a previous generation game. A lot of environments are simple compared to Sigma 2.

TheSeks

So, Sigma 2+ is confirmed to have co-op achievement? Well, fuck that. I'm not TWIRL TWIRL TWIRL TWIRL TWIRL-ing again.

TheSeks

Keep in mind also that Sigma's geometry is nearly unchanged from the Xbox original, a previous generation game. A lot of environments are simple compared to Sigma 2.

Which doesn't really excuse the fact the port is 30FPS when they could've just ported the X-box version (which is superior, BTW) and gained 60FPS. Is the redone textures REALLY worth the 30FPS?

Top Bottom