• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Carl

Which doesn't really excuse the fact the port is 30FPS when they could've just ported the X-box version (which is superior, BTW) and gained 60FPS. Is the redone textures REALLY worth the 30FPS?

For people like me who can't tell the difference between 30 and 60... yes :)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sony just break the goddamn embargo on the Kz info now.

8 players only for MP....

the more I read about it the more I feel sad,It was better if Sony just kept this game info inside some box somewhere deep down under the sea.

I guess this is it for Cambridge Studio,this will be their last game.

and Sony need to change their attitude ans strategy toward Vita and it's games,because these are not pure portable expedience games and not full console experience on the go games.

ZeroAKA

Call me crazy, but I still prefer my original black Vita to the other announced colors so far (besides the limited edition Vitas).

Sid

8 players only for MP....

the more I read about it the more I feel sad,It was better if Sony just kept this game info inside some box somewhere deep down under the sea.

I guess this is it for Cambridge,this will be their last game.
8 players is pretty good,I really like Resistance's MP and this can be a huge improvement over it just based on the developer's pedigree.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

qNFOVas.jpg

Because the Original Textures look oh so bad in 720p, right?

Ran rp

I guess it's understandable. If I actually beat NGS+ then I'll definitely pick it up. I'm going to miss that native-res clarity though :\

Derrick01

Banned

If you were playing Vita games at 60 you would know the difference. It was the very first thing I noticed when the Sly demo started, how sluggish it was compared to the ps3 version.

Skyzard

Banned
Also I'm sure you can tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps between two fast-paced games if they were right in-front of you. Without a doubt if you played them for a while..Unless you're missing the fps enzyme :p

Btw if you've sent me a friend request without a message, send me a pm and I'll add (mention neogaf for no qualms addage).

Carl

Because the Original Textures look oh so bad in 720p, right?

Improving textures to sacrifice something that doesn't make a difference to the game = win

Carl I have a test for you..

- say something negative about the Vita ..?

Too many games :(

If you were playing Vita games at 60 you would know the difference.

Nope. People have showed me videos with 60FPS and 30FPS running side by side and it looks identical to me

Derrick01

Banned
Nope. People have showed me videos with 60FPS and 30FPS running side by side and it looks identical to me

It's a lot easier to notice by playing. Trust me as a PC gamer, 60 fps is more important to me than going from 720p to 1080p. Going back to 30fps feels to me what console games running at 15-20fps feels to most console gamers.

Sid

thanks

hnggg what if...what if...they say Tearaway is hitting in summer? hngggg

man this is turning out be one heck of a year for vita. Really enjoying it now. In a week, SLY!
It just has to be,I mean what is there in the summer besides SS?

It's a lot easier to notice by playing. Trust me as a PC gamer, 60 fps is more important to me than going from 720p to 1080p. Going back to 30fps feels to me what console games running at 15-20fps feels to most console gamers.

It's strange on PC I can tell the difference but on vita/consoles I can't :/

Wonder if part of it is that mouse needs smoother frames

Carl

Not for me. I play a ton of games and honestly i can't tell the difference between the two. As long as the framerate isn't completely crawling, i usually don't notice anything to do with it.

Carl I have a test for you..

- say something negative about the Vita ..?

He's like the optimistic polar opposite of Toto....who ironically is beginning to grate my nerves (a first).

Adding to the KZ disappointment: As adults our spending is discretionary vs. being a kid and enjoying shit for what it is. If we were kids and KZ M were released (and we could play it), we wouldn't have complained: we'd have played the shit out of it (like Ducktales, Contra, Ghost and Goblins).
Hell, as a kid I'd beg my parents for NES games (wasnt my $ on the line, so cost was not factored into what i wanted) and play them, not really putting much stock into whether it was good or bad....I'd just enjoy my games and play them endlessly over and over.

As working/nonwprking (I work) adults, we are the ones spending vs. asking our parents, so we are more choosy. However, so many put arbitrary things into the value equation for purchasing a game. I'd rather have a lean, fun as fuck game and play the shit out of it: it's might be balls to the wall crazy awesome - than a bloated, trivially monotonous time sink that has dollar value time equity. Maybe that's why I actually like CoD vita. It's fun, I don't care about the cost vs. value in the package.

I'm anticipating KZ because I haven't let some invisible, adulthood spending/value impact games: fun comes first.

Ponn

Banned
It just has to be,I mean what is there in the summer besides SS?

Hopefully Dragons Crown, Muramasa and FFtypezerovitaHD.

Some people honestly aren't effected by FPS counts, i'm one of them. I used to be a pc gamer but even then I really couldn't tell. People talk about Bayonetta and Castlevania LoS and I honestly never noticed a thing. The only recent game that springs to mind that I actually noticed FPS issues was Skyrim PS3.

Ran rp

I remember playing the Rage demo on my PS3 for the first time. It made me a believer in 60fps gaming. Now if I only had a beefy gaming rig. Edit: Yeah, playing PC games at lower fps with a controller feels better than playing with a mouse. With a mouse I really need those extra frames.

Pretty sure I saw an Uncharted 3 video at 60 fps on YouTube

Anyway, if it plays well at 30 fps, I'm forgiving. If its 30 and tears, I'm not.

It's off topic sorry -

I make videos on YouTube alarmist daily, YouTube only accepts 30fps :(

Kinda annoying when I record at 60 and it looks so much better

I'm really disappointed at the sept. date for killzone though, it was announced like 2 years ago

Announced Aug 2012, Gamescom.

Well....the incarnation we have. There was some other Killzone footage for NGP, I don't think the 2 are related. The old stuff was probably scrapped and placeholder.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Hopefully Dragons Crown, Muramasa and FFtypezerovitaHD.

Muramasa: we already getting that.
Dragons Crown:sadly it is in Atlus hands now, so Vita version is most likely cancelled and got switched to another platform.
FFtypezerovitaHD: there is no such a thing..FFX HD on the other hand is a Vaporware.

I think it's because there aren't many PC games that are locked to 30fps (forcing a lock with something like Dxtory is not the same to my eyes), so if it's higher than 30 but not enough to hit 60, it can look worse than 30 on console, despite it pumping out more frames.

VanWinkle

That is true that a Killzone was shown off at the NGP reveal, but I don't really consider that an announcement. More a proof of concept, but I could see your point of view being true, too.

Ponn

Banned
You mean FFXHD right ;p

Also I doubt tearaway will be summer, if this year at all :/

I'm really disappointed at the sept. date for killzone though, it was announced like 2 years ago

Whoa whoa whoa, lets keep our expectations in check here. Thats crazy talk with FFXHD
FFXHD/FFX-2HD/FFXIIHD bundle

I'm not seeing why people are disappointed in Killzone for Sept. Honestly i'm not a FPS person so I wasn't planning on getting it anyways but i'm a gamer enough to recognize so far the FPS offersing have ranged from poor(CoD) to average(Unit13). I would think people would be happy they aren't trying to rush it out the door like the others and actually treating it a like a full fledged game and giving it proper development time. Also gives them a name brand holiday lineup game, for all we know that might be there big gun for this year.

Whoa whoa whoa, lets keep our expectations in check here. Thats crazy talk with FFXHD

I'm not seeing why people are disappointed in Killzone for Sept. Honestly i'm not a FPS person so I wasn't planning on getting it anyways but i'm a gamer enough to recognize so far the FPS offersing have ranged from poor(CoD) to average(Unit13). I would think people would be happy they aren't trying to rush it out the door like the others and actually treating it a like a full fledged game and giving it proper development time.

Oh I am it's just been a long time coming and tbh they need summer releases :)

Sid

I'm not seeing why people are disappointed in Killzone for Sept. Honestly i'm not a FPS person so I wasn't planning on getting it anyways but i'm a gamer enough to recognize so far the FPS offersing have ranged from poor(CoD) to average(Unit13). I would think people would be happy they aren't trying to rush it out the door like the others and actually treating it a like a full fledged game and giving it proper development time.
Absolutely but still this game was announced WAY too early.

Top Bottom