• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

What's the deal with Broken? Maybe that with resurface along with Warrior's Lair this year.

Oh fuck I forget about warriors lair!

Now that would be a good summer game, nothing massive but a good game that helps tide people over (hopefully)

Here's hoping we hear something soon

Top if page; stop moaning about killzone and wait till we get proper detailed info!

Moobabe

Now that would be a good summer game, nothing massive but a good game that helps tide people over (hopefully)

Top if page; stop moaning about killzone and wait till we get proper detailed info!

The positivity of this thread yesterday has quickly diminished :(

Ponn

Banned
Absolutely but still this game was announced WAY too early.

Well, maybe this is in response to the backlash they have been hearing about no game announcements. They may have felt the need to get SOME news out there quick, like Nintendo did with their Nintendo Direct even though most of those games were holiday 2013 or 2014.

My worry would be if this was their only announcement they had and have for E3. That is what worries me.

Sid

Well, maybe this is in response to the backlash they have been hearing about no game announcements. They may have felt the need to get SOME news out there quick, like Nintendo did with their Nintendo Direct even though most of those games were holiday 2013 or 2014.

My worry would be if this was their only announcement they had and have for E3. That is what worries me.
lol I can totally see that happening especially with PS4 on its way.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Killzone sounds exactly like what I wanted.
Save for the low MP player count. 4v4 is a bit of a bore, I've had fun with CoD post patch, but I like bigger games.

Should be fun.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

woof...only having tearaway and KZ at e3 would be pretty disheartening.

What did you want from KZ?

I could not possibly have any less on an interest in anything multiplayer (aside from some VitaGAF stuff) specifically in FPS games. I enjoyed the long and meaty campaigns of the last two games...so we'll see.

We're talking Sly 4 levels of disappointment, but still.

Sid

After the uproar from last year there is no way that happens.

In fact if vita gets less than three big announcements then I will accept a 2 week ban.
You think Sony ignored the Vita mistakenly?

I could not possibly have any less on an interest in anything multiplayer (aside from some VitaGAF stuff) specifically in FPS games. I enjoyed the long and meaty campaigns of the last two games...so we'll see.

We're talking Sly 4 levels of disappointment, but still.
KZ will have a proper campaign like every other game in the franchise.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

I think Warriors Lair video was just an old footage ( video has Idol Minds logo),game is dead most likely.

stop moaning about killzone and wait till we get proper detailed info!

we got real info already, it's a huge disappointment and we got the all the right to talk about it.

You think Sony ignored the Vita mistakenly?

No, but I think they'd be fucking idiots to do it again.

Not the same but you saw them push it harder at gamescom only a few months after e3

If they ignore it at e3 then ill accept they have fucked it but as of now I think they are going slow but will make sure to have at least a few bombs for vita to drop at e3

They could be to do with ps4 connectivity and that's fine, as long as it pushes some spotlight on the system

Edit: seriously can someone explain how toto doesn't get banned? I mean its mods decision so fair enough but how?

Sid

Not the same guy you saw them push it harder at gamescom only a few months after e3

If they ignore it at e3 then ill accept they have fucked it but as of now I think they are going slow but will make sure to have at least a few bombs for vita to drop at e3

They could be to do with ps4 connectivity and that's fine, as long as it pushes some spotlight on the system
I doubt it.

Derrick01

Banned

Not the same but you saw them push it harder at gamescom only a few months after e3

Edit: seriously can someone explain how toto doesn't get banned? I mean its mods decision so fair enough but how?

I hope they do something at E3 or before. Maybe start the show off with a bunch of Vita stuff since we all expect them to blow the doors off on PS4. But if nothing good gets announced I'll probably end up selling my Vita at the end of the year once I finally go through everything from the first year. If they're going to ignore it completely or give some half ass effort with games then there's no point keeping it around when there's still value in it.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
You missed toto being a overdramtic troll douche is all. And tbh I'm getting fed up of it, it's starting to effect newcomers opinions on stuff with false facts and theories

wheres a mod when you need one :)

im not disheartened by any of the KZ news. its great to hear. im not the biggest MP gamer aside from VitaBroGaf stuff, so honestly 8 sounds fine to me. clearly you cant get 100% ps3 quality games on vita... but this is more than enough... would you rather not even have KZ coming?

I try not to get angry and if toto wants to hate in stuff that's his opinion but it annoys me when new owners come in the thread citing something he said as fact which stopped them getting something they want when it's actually bullshit.

Anyway ill shut up about cos I'm in the vita game and service thread :) hmm... People think we will get tearaway info tonight too or only killzone for now?

Sid

I try not to get angry and if toto wants to hate in stuff that's his opinion but it annoys me when new owners come in the thread citing something he said as fact which stopped them getting something they want when it's actually bullshit.

Anyway ill shut up about cos I'm in the vita game and service thread :) hmm... People think we will get tearaway info tonight too or only killzone for now?
Both.

Ponn

Banned
I'll be surprised if more than 10 minutes of e3 are dedicated to the vita lol.

Same. Unless Vita ties in heavily with PS4 last E3 was their one chance to get Vita out there in the spotlight and shine and they decided to go with Wonderbook.

Kerub

Banned
mission based SP and it got only 9 missions.

How many missions does it need to not be a "huge dissapointment"? 9 missions with one hour each minus the PR factor, it will probably have 6-7 hours of singleplayer content. Like most FPS games nowadays.

Derrick01

Banned
How many missions does it need to not be a "huge dissapointment"? 9 missions with one hour each minus the PR factor, it will probably have 6-7 hours of singleplayer content. Like most FPS games nowadays.

The confusion is whether it's a legit campaign or mission based in a similar way to Unit 13, which gives off a "we're too cheap" vibe.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

agreed. the real question is whether we will get NEW KZ info tonight.. or if all the meatiness has been leaked...

i am however expecting a trailer for each game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Improving textures to sacrifice something that doesn't make a difference to the game = win

ITT: Carl shows he doesn't play the action game genre nor knows what he's talking about.

Thanks for letting me know this conversation isn't going to go anywhere.

(Protip: say that about Just Guarding in DMC3 and switching that to 30FPS, you will feel it and it will impact the game if you have played it at 60FPS for 3-4 outings already)

Carl

ITT: Carl shows he doesn't play the action game genre nor knows what he's talking about.

Thanks for letting me know this conversation isn't going to go anywhere.

(Protip: say that about Just Guarding in DMC3 and switching that to 30FPS, you will feel it and it will impact the game if you have played it at 60FPS for 3-4 outings already)

I said I can't see any difference between 30FPS and 60FPS, so for me it's a win.

How does that mean i don't know what i'm talking about?!

P.S. I completed Ninja Gaiden Sigma on PS3.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
You missed toto being a overdramtic troll douche is all. And tbh I'm getting fed up of it, it's starting to effect newcomers opinions on stuff with false facts and theories

false fact? I state my opinions over the info we got nothing more nothing less,and when I guess something like a game we don't know anything about I always say "I guess"

then again, I guess I'm not the only problem you have here.

if you don't like people opinions or the discussion going on here you can use the ignore function.

im not disheartened by any of the KZ news. its great to hear. im not the biggest MP gamer aside from VitaBroGaf stuff, so honestly 8 sounds fine to me. clearly you cant get 100% ps3 quality games on vita... but this is more than enough... would you rather not even have KZ coming?

oh wow.

The confusion is whether it's a legit campaign or mission based in a similar way to Unit 13, which gives off a "we're too cheap" vibe.

pretty much.

Beast780

Has anyone played Lets Fish? Would you recommend it to someone whose played and enjoyed fishing games in the past, hasn't played a fishing game for a while, and is ok with anime art styles?

Sid

Straight from the translated PR

The history of the title begins immediately after the end of the first Killzone, and follows many of the events of the trilogy in the saga. The game puts you in the combat boots worn by a mercenary called ArranDanner. Darren is an ex-soldier UCA which has no problem accepting commissioned works by the ISA and Helghast.
When a simple rescue mission Vektan Ambassador and his family goes the wrong, Danner understands that exist of the war depends on the fate of the young son of the Ambassador. While the two sides are trying in every way to seize the boy, Darren starts to wonder if the price of victory really worth his pay.
Consists of nine single-player missions - lasting about one hour each - Killzone: Mercenary offers all in a portable gaming experience that made famous the Killzone franchise.

The game has a proper story.

Shoyz

Has anyone played Lets Fish? Would you recommend it to someone whose played and enjoyed fishing games in the past, hasn't played a fishing game for a while, and is ok with anime art styles?

I've yet to hear a good thing about it. I'd give it a maybe at $10, but definitely not worth $20.

Plot twist: Toto is actually an employee of Nintendo or Microsoft and his ridiculously negative opinions are meant to stop us buying Vita consoles and games. ;)

Not that Ninty or MS would need to actually attempt to damage this thing's sales. :(

I'm pretty confident Killzone will have a 'proper' campaign, with a Gears of War arcade mode style for repeated playthroughs.

Straight from the translated PR

The game has a proper story.

I think what we're trying to say, or rather what I'm trying to say is that the "mission" structure seems to refute that AT THIS POINT. Killzone Liberation had a "proper" story mode too but it wasn't anything like those in the FPS =/

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
That would involve reading and not overreacting. STOP IT.
Reading isn't Totobeni's strong suit. Pulling negative opinions from the aether and wearing horse blinders, on the other hand....

I was honestly surprised Toto was spreading Dragon's Crown FUD again just last week. Incorrigible.

Top Bottom