• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

That would involve reading and not overreacting. STOP IT.

I do not think it fair to call my rather general and very calm points overreacting lol

And if people are under the impression a PR blur is a guarantee of anything (both positive and negative) then therein lies a critical issue.

Oh and top of the page, do your job! We may be arguing but this is still VitaGAF!

false fact? I state my opinions over the info we got nothing more nothing less,and when I guess something like a game we don't know anything about I always say "I guess"

then again, I guess I'm not the only problem you have here.

if you don't like people opinions or the discussion going on here you can use the ignore function.

oh wow.

pretty much.

Can't ignore on mobile GAF.

The FPS (Frames per...) argument - I don't know. For racing and fighting games, it's smoother. For action type games, I can't really tell much of a difference. Personally, I'd rather have better eye candy visuals and solid 30 vs. degraded graphics and 60. Which is why Sly 4 disappoints me. It's at 30 and shot visuals that look Wii/iPhone 4/4S....I expected at least better shading or something.

Sid

I think what we're trying to say, or rather what I'm trying to say is that the "mission" structure seems to refute that AT THIS POINT. Killzone Liberation had a "proper" story mode too but it wasn't anything like those in the FPS =/
I get that but if the campaign being mission based is whats putting you off you need to recall that every KZ right from the first one has had a mission based campaign,either way we'll find out more very soon.

QP3

So the pics of the silver vita a few pages back...what was that? Is it going to be released or did I miss something?

Also, this KZ stuff is like T - ~20 minutes right?

It follows the Sly 2 formula. Although, keep in mind, this is just a demo, so it's basically just showing a TINY mission with a short section from each character. You know how some action movies (I think the Mission Impossible and maybe Bond movies did it) have a little cool scene they set up and something cool happens before the title screen and credits starts? This demo is like that little beginning scene.

Mad quote from a few pages back.

Enjoyed the Sly demo, though I really wish we were given a little more freedom. I'll wait for a couple more reviews and see how I feel.

Hanmik

Watching real madrid vs. Barca on tv.. Reading this thread on ipad.. Lol it's like watching "the days of our lives". This thread is turning into a big soap opera.. Lol.. I think it was Stefano that killed the Vita.

Shikoro

Why are people still doubting that it'll have a real campaign? GG confirmed it on Twitter long ago, plus it doesn't take 1 and a half years+ to make a mission based game. :/

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Do we know if Deep Silver will make any thing for Vita? I'd like to see them resurrecting the Saints Row portable project.

So much hate going around.
Btw Dokuro is damn cute.

Yes,great smart game with lots of levels, everyone should get it.

Watching real madrid vs. Barca on tv.. Reading this thread on ipad.. Lol it's like watching "the days of our lives". This thread is turning into a big soap opera.. Lol.. I think it was Stefano that killed the Vita.

LOL

nothing but <3 chilly

<3

Why are people still doubting that it'll have a real campaign? GG confirmed it on Twitter long ago, plus it doesn't take 1 and a half years+ to make a mission based game. :/

It isn't so much that I (we) think it WON'T have a single player campaign, it is clear that it will, its more that it won't have received the attention nor will be as meaty as the MP side.

Do we know if Deep Silver will make any thing for Vita? I'd like to see them resurrecting the Saints Row portable project.

See that's a wonderful post :)

I want to get dokuro but will have to see if I can afford it.

As for saints row I think that if they made a good portable version then thy could capture that market quite effectively. GTA isn't coming to either handheld any time soon it seems so they would be the only player

Twinduct

Crazy amount of levels. It's like the game was created for the mobile platform, but buttons proved to be essential.

Every time the princess gets scared I can't help but daww, sounds like a Disney mouse.

I want to get dokuro but will have to see if I can afford it.

Well I was choosing between Dokuro and let's fish heh. Think I made the right choice though. Not that far into the game, but seems really tight for a puzzler.

Was that like, Saints Row for 3DS? I couldn't imagine how that would've worked lol. On the Vita, however, I could (and would love to) see it working but I doubt it'd happen.

Maybe if Rockstar one day make GTA Vita, Deep Silver/Volition will follow. :p

Just picked up a Vita again for a very low amount of munneh (seriously, these things go cheap when they're used) and can't wait to start playing it again. I've got Sine Mora, Stranger's Wrath, Rayman Origins (haven't played it yet!) and more waiting for me. All the recent announcements (Soul Sacrifice and Muramasa dates, Tearaway and Killzone info) made me so hyped. I hope E3 will deliver this time, I almost cried last year lol.

Skyzard

Banned
Is there a particular reason Wii U users are exempt from complaining about doom threads (while Vita users are not)?

I remember quite a few bans for it too on the Vita side but you can't enter a wii U thread without seeing the complaint and no bans so far.

Not that it is a good reason for a ban, but anyway.

"Funny". =P

Carl

Is there a particular reason Wii U users are exempt from complaining about doom threads (while Vita users are not)?

I remember quite a few bans for it too on the Vita side but you can't enter a wii U thread without seeing the complaint and no bans so far.

Shhh we're not allowed meta-discussion anymore remember

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Was that like, Saints Row for 3DS? I couldn't imagine how that would've worked lol. On the Vita, however, I could (and would love to) see it working but I doubt it'd happen.

Yes it was Saints Row Drive-by,they canned it when THQ got money problems.

GTA stories solid well on PSP back then so handheld people want this sort of games,Rockstar seems to not care at all about handhelds(well 3DS and Vita) and Deep silver should take full advantage on this since they will be the only one with crime open world game on handheld.

I couldn't imagine how that would've worked lol.

well GTA stories were on PSP(one stick just like the 3DS).

Skyzard

Banned
Shhh we're not allowed meta-discussion anymore remember

I must have missed those posts..the thread moves so fast :p

ok *shakes off grumps* back to killzone anticipation (not sure what for though lol, but I love countdown timers). PSASBR should last me another hour and a half. It's been rinsing my batteries along with EDF.

Just maining a new character character brings back all the fun I was having with the game in the beginning. Really glad it was developed, just a shame not many have gotten to appreciate the fun fighter.

Quick P4G question...

I just got Yukiko on my team and by default, in every battle, her tactics are set to "act freely" instead of "direct commands". No matter how many times I change it in the tactics option, in battle, it keeps resetting to "act freely". Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Iacobellis

Quick P4G question...

I just got Yukiko on my team and by default, in every battle, her tactics are set to "act freely" instead of "direct commands". No matter how many times I change it in the tactics option, in battle, it keeps resetting to "act freely". Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

You have to change it yourself each time, I think.

Ran rp

Quick P4G question...

Pokemon at a certain level will only obey you if you have the required gym badge.

NG+ is awesome, I forgot how good the game was.

Rockstar reportedly had multiple projects for the Vita. Hopefully they are revealed this year (if they are still working on them =/ )

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Quick P4G question...

woo - welcome back!

metalshade

Whoa Vita Gaf, some salty muffins in here, the baker is gonna get fired!
I only came in to ask what happened to the uk Vita demo of sly, and to say I am looking forward to the news tonight for KZ.
What happened about you guys, I'm away for a month or so and carl gets banned, seks turns up and all sorts of announcements come out!

Quick P4G question...

I haven't gotten around to playing P4G yet but I recall the default behavior is set in the menu outside of battle?

Fair enough. 60fps videos aren't very common, but I guess if it was specifically sought out (or recorded) it wouldn't be hard to find.

Well, there's this stuff I captured from PS3... and pretty much why I don't play DIVA f and its janky 30fps very seriously.

http://megami.starcreator.com/tmp/saihate-test-final.mp4 (forgive frame skips, this was an early test of my capture setup)
http://megami.starcreator.com/dtex-melody.mp4
http://megami.starcreator.com/dtex-uraomote.mp4

Noi

Quick P4G question...

Definitely not supposed to happen. You're meant to just set tactics and they'll stick to Direct Commands if you select it.

Top Bottom