• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

iBAO6kDPK1P8I.gif

the gif slowed down while making it, so it's not actually that slow lol

Fusebox

Banned
I activated Remote Play last night on my PS3. Got all excited about seeing my PS3 XMB on my Vita until I started trying to load games and apps.

Nothing worked. NOTHING.

:(

Shoyz

Famitsu did a poll of the most wanted consoles in Japan, and Vita took first place
(probably because nobody owns one).

I imagine a lot of people are on the fence. Nice of a price as $250 was (at announcement at least), what personally killed it for me originally was the memory cards. It's two large investments to make.

For comparison, the cheapest 4GB Vita card I could find as of a few days ago was $13, which is currently $20 normally. For the same price a month back I picked up a 16GB Class-10 microSD. 16GB Vita is $60 new for comparison, 4x the cost. It maintains being 4x all the way to 32GB.

I wouldn't be surprised if the memory card prices lost a ton of sales.

kiyomi

the gif slowed down while making it, so it's not actually that slow lol

Can't even GIF right.
:p

Particle effects look surprisingly good on the trailer. I remember them being really bad in U:GA, but obviously we've come a long way since then. Anyone know of any other examples of fire/smoke that look good or bad on the Vita, for comparison?

I just watched it on Eurogamer, but is it on youtube yet? It looks AMAZING!!! They need to air THAT TRAILER during the superbowl and people will be foaming at the mouth. Seriously.

VanWinkle

From TheSixthAxis

"OK, games like Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Wipeout 2048 are fantastic, but, believe us, you’re going to remember the moment you first get your hands on Killzone Mercenary, even if you’re not a massive fan of the genre."

:eek:

Absolutely glowing preview

kiyomi

I just watched it on Eurogamer, but is it on youtube yet? It looks AMAZING!!! They need to air THAT TRAILER during the superbowl and people will be foaming at the mouth. Seriously.

I'm having bizarre thoughts of men huddled around the TV with a pizza foaming at the sight of a man's dick being stabbed.

This amuses me.

Wonko_C

Which doesn't really excuse the fact the port is 30FPS when they could've just ported the X-box version (which is superior, BTW) and gained 60FPS. Is the redone textures REALLY worth the 30FPS?

I don't really think they re-did many of the textures in Sigma PS3, I played Black and Sigma side by side years ago and they looked pretty much identical. Either the Vita isn't powerful enough to play a port of a port of a last generation game or it was rushed.

I haven't gotten around to playing P4G yet but I recall the default behavior is set in the menu outside of battle?

Well, there's this stuff I captured from PS3... and pretty much why I don't play DIVA f and its janky 30fps very seriously.

http://megami.starcreator.com/tmp/saihate-test-final.mp4 (forgive frame skips, this was an early test of my capture setup)
http://megami.starcreator.com/dtex-melody.mp4
http://megami.starcreator.com/dtex-uraomote.mp4

Hopefully Project Diva F does 60fps, though since the Vita version's launch I wasn't feeling confident the PS3 version will run at 60. Now with news of the game reportedly supporting 1080p and having enhanced geometry for some of the background objects that are 2D textures in the Vita version, I'm less confident than before. (I'm praying this isn't the case and SEGA gets it running at 60fps like the Dreamy Theater games)

Mr E.

Killzone looks great but the framerate is bad. They need to address this. September is awhile away so hopefully its fixed.

I would even take a graphic hit to improve the frames if needed.

this is bloody amazing, looks unique and great, and some very inventive gameplay too. since Iota can't fight directly, we need to be smart, use the environment and fight them indirectly, the 'roll' move is new and it looks really fun. the e3 demo make me think the game will be too simple and gimmicky, but this erase all my worries away.

plus, it's an original 3d platformer in this age not named Mario, what's not to like. Sony is awesome, with Sly and Tearaway too. I hope new Jak is announced soon. :)

Derrick01

Banned
Killzone looks great but the framerate is bad. They need to address this. September is awhile away so hopefully its fixed.

I would even take a graphic hit to improve the frames if needed.

Yeah I can't get excited at all over Killzone if it's going to be as unplayable as it was in the trailer. I'm so tired of the extreme graphics >>>>>>>>>> gameplay movement in this industry. It was one thing when they sacrificed being at 60fps to push more graphics but now they're sacrificing 30 down to 17-20 to push even more.

Top Bottom