• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

What a fantastic week it's been. 2013 looks a bit brighter.

I do hope Atlus has some new content for Vita even if it's enhanced PS2 ports and I'm still hoping FFXHD is in development.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
What a fantastic week it's been. 2013 looks a bit brighter.

I do hope Atlus has some new content for Vita even if it's enhanced PS2 ports and I'm still hoping FFXHD is in development.

right now seeing the platforms Atlus focus on,I'd say that all we can get from Atlus for Vita(if we are lucky).

Digital Devil Saga 1/2 :Golden will be great.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
You guys weren't kidding when you said Ninja Garden was washed out by default. Intro logos are grey instead of black.

Haha, Garden. I'll leave that auto correct.

Carl

Lol @ Guerilla

8432306523_7165d6e32c_b.jpg

Derrick01

Banned
It's foolish more than anything. GTA 5 will outsell the entire Vita system in 1 day at the rate it's going. Killzone doesn't stand a chance.

Church of Vita!

It's almost been 10 years since I first played NG on the original xbox and this Vita port is really beating me with the nostalgia stick. I feels weird that I kinda just know where to go and what to do.

The 30fps isn't an issue for me after playing for about an hour, but it is a pain at first. It feels like you have gum stuck to your shoes. On a positive note though, this game looks incredible on the Vita. I'm okay with it being 30fps when it looks this clean and the image quality is this stupidly high.

Then theres also the fact that NG is just a kick ass game. I'm about half way through on hard and this game has gotten me to start bring my Vita to work so that I can play through during lunch.

One more thing, is the ability to play as Rachel new to sigma plus? I don't recall being able to do that in the original. She needs her own game. I like her fighting style.

Shoyz

This.

GG/Sony should just delay their game.

And in hilarious irony, GTA:V then also gets delayed to the same date.

Got my first Wake up Club credit this morning. I thought it was going to be a pain not to get to snooze (as I typically set my alarm for a bit before I need to wake up for the sole purpose) but you also can't wake up early or it won't count..kind of weird to work around the alarm clock's schedule.

SmokyDave

How is that bad? How can GTA outsell KZM when GTA isn't even coming out on the Vita? You're comparing apples to oranges.

People only have finite amounts of time & money.

I'll still be buying Killzone day 1, but I'll fire up GTA5 while it's downloading and then end up playing that into the early hours of the morning. It'll probably be a day or two before I get around to checking out Killzone.

If cash was a problem, Killzone would probably be the one I went without.

Derrick01

Banned
How is that bad? How can GTA outsell KZM when GTA isn't even coming out on the Vita? You're comparing apples to oranges.

You act like sales of 1 game doesn't affect anything else around it just because it's a different game or on a different system. We live in a world where most people, especially by now in the generation, have multiple systems but they have a finite amount of money. Money is going to go towards GTA if there's a choice which is why other games tend to flee the month of November (COD, AC) and May (Rockstar game). They don't make these decisions for no reason.

I personally think they should enter crunch a little sooner than anticipated and work on getting Killzone out sooner rather than delaying it. Delaying it just pushes it even closer to next gen consoles. I know I'll be saving my money for at least 1 of the consoles this year and after GTA I probably won't buy very many games due to saving up to $400-$500.

Carl

You act like sales of 1 game doesn't affect anything else around it just because it's a different game or on a different system. We live in a world where most people, especially by now in the generation, have multiple systems but they have a finite amount of money.

lol, no. "Most people" have one.

But yeah, it was clearly a joke.

Mr E.

lol, no. "Most people" have one.

But yeah, it was clearly a joke.

Hmm not sure who is correct here. I myself own more than just a Vita.
I would hazard a guess most people who own a Vita at least own a console too.

Edit what ^ says.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Hmm not sure who is correct here. I myself own more than just a Vita.
I would hazard a guess most people who own a Vita at least own a console too.

Edit what ^ says.

Yeah, I'd say handheld owners more than likely own at least one console.
The majority of console owners though do just own 1. Just doesn't seem like it as we post on gaming boards.

Carl

How many of the ~4 million Vita owners do you think only own a Vita? Probably not very many. So yeah GTA has a big chance of eating into KZ's sales.

Then your post is badly phrased (as usual). "By this point in the generation" = alluding towards home consoles.

I have both handhelds, and so far and in the foreseeable future they compliment each other well. When the 3DS had a dry spell during fall/winter 2012 the Vita delivered with ACL, Ragnarok, P4G and Oddworld. Now it's the reverse with Vita having a dry spell and 3DS delivering Fire Emblem, SMT Soul Hackers and hopefully Luigis Mansion. After that It will reverse back.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend having both handhelds.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
all i know is... i cant play GTAV on the go.... and i'm just going to wait for the complete edition of GTA which doesnt release on Sept. 17th

TL;DR - i'm buying KZ:M before gta5

Ponn

Banned
How many of the ~4 million Vita owners do you think only own a Vita? Probably not very many. So yeah GTA has a big chance of eating into KZ's sales.

I honestly won't be getting either of them. Crossing fingers for KH 1.5HD to launch that same day now.

crinale

Over here in Japan there are WAY more people who own handheld only than people who own consoles, so people have different tastes I think.

Mr E.

Yeah, I'd say handheld owners more than likely own at least one console.
The majority of console owners though do just own 1. Just doesn't seem like it as we post on gaming boards.
Guilty of having 3 consoles in my household plus 3ds and of course Vita. Ridiculous isnt it.

Atleast I have a valid opinion on all of them and will praise and criticise them like naughty children when needed.

Fuck am I buying 2 next gen launch consoles though......... Maybe one.

Derrick01

Banned
I think the current Vita owner is hardcore enough to at least save up for both of those games early on.

Normally I would have agreed and I would have definitely saved up but the new consoles are throwing wrenches into those plans. It's hard to save $60 for GTA, then $40 for this and then another $400+ (with games and accessories too) for 1 new console. That's not even including all of the games coming out in the next 5 months.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Guilty of having 3 consoles in my household plus 3ds and of course Vita. Ridiculous isnt it.

Atleast I have a valid opinion on all of them and will praise and criticise them like naughty children when needed.

Fuck am I buying 2 next gen launch consoles though......... Maybe one.

do you have a wii or wii u? - out of curiousity

Sid

Normally I would have agreed and I would have definitely saved up but the new consoles are throwing wrenches into those plans. It's hard to save $60 for GTA, then $40 for this and then another $400+ (with games and accessories too) for 1 new console. That's not even including all of the games coming out in the next 5 months.
Sure but I doubt someone being interested in KZ in the first place only to not buy it because he has to spend $60 more,next gen was always coming this year anyways.

DigitalOp

Banned

Church of Vita!

It's almost been 10 years since I first played NG on the original xbox and this Vita port is really beating me with the nostalgia stick. I feels weird that I kinda just know where to go and what to do.

The 30fps isn't an issue for me after playing for about an hour, but it is a pain at first. It feels like you have gum stuck to your shoes. On a positive note though, this game looks incredible on the Vita. I'm okay with it being 30fps when it looks this clean and the image quality is this stupidly high.

Then theres also the fact that NG is just a kick ass game. I'm about half way through on hard and this game has gotten me to start bring my Vita to work so that I can play through during lunch.

One more thing, is the ability to play as Rachel new to sigma plus? I don't recall being able to do that in the original. She needs her own game. I like her fighting style.

Thank you for this post. It bothers me when many argue about this FPS issue that doesn't even make that much of a difference in the long run. Unless its readily apparent (a la console Skyrim, Advent Rising, maybe even console Far Cry 3), nobody is gonna pick up on it.

It's like the lossless WAV vs. 320 kbps MP3 argument. A casual listener is not gonna be able to tell the difference between the two.

Its noticeable at first to those who played the original game on Xbox or Sigma on PS3 and that's pretty much it... Unless somebody is knowledgeable on this stuff, Nobody is gonna boot up the game and say "OMG the FPS is garbage"

Its more like "OMG This game is friggin awesome" or "OMG This game is hard as tits"

Once you play it, you get over it, and you enjoy the game for what it is. Ninja Friggin Gaiden in my hands. The full game.

9 times out of 10, the game would have lost its visual quality to acheive 60 FPS. 10 times out of 10, gamers would bitch about the game looking like poop.

Some people can't be pleased.

This post isn't targeting you corrosivefrost but just my general opinion on the "issue" as a whole.

Top Bottom