• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I see that my first referral went through, so if anyone wants a quick $20 in PSN money, just PM me and we can try another referral.

Oh, and edit: BUY SINE MORA, you beautiful bastards!

It's foolish more than anything. GTA 5 will outsell the entire Vita system in 1 day at the rate it's going. Killzone doesn't stand a chance.

GTA5 will outsell the whole Vita system REGARDLESS.

This.

GG/Sony should just delay their game.

It's really not the problem you guys are making it out to be.

"OH MY GOD, GTA5 is coming out, I just won't buy anything else I'm interested in ever."

I see that my first referral went through, so if anyone wants a quick $20 in PSN money, just PM me and we can try another referral.

Oh, and edit: BUY SINE MORA, you beautiful bastards!

How were you notified and do you know if the referred party got their credit as well?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The referral website keeps an inventory of everyone you send the emails to, I guess, and the one I sent off has a 'success, payment pending' next to it.

Foshy

Is it possible to play online with a US copy of Ragnarok Odyssey on an EU PSN account? And is there any DLC I'd miss?

I really want to play it, but I'm not liking the lack of an EU release date.

Number45

Is this really going to be $50? That makes it easier to hold off. I'll never spend $50 on a handheld game.
If they bundle it in with Uncharted in terms of appeal I can see this being a premium priced game. Didn't do them any harm with Uncharted either, it's still one of the biggest sellers isn't it?

I hope they don't though.

Is it possible to play online with a US copy of Ragnarok Odyssey on an EU PSN account? And is there any DLC I'd miss?

Physically not a problem but digital won't work. I don't think we know anything about DLC at the moment.

sajj316

What is this talk about GTA 5 versus Killzone Mercenary?

Two different games
Two different platforms

If both are good, why wouldn't you both? Ok, so budget is tight. You'll eventually get both.

Number45

Wow Ninja Gaiden is so much more difficult at 30fps.

I hope they get the 2nd port to run at 60. But I doubt they will.
Seems like people are expecting NGS2+ to be less than native res. So it's either positive (they've taken a hit in the resolution to keep the speed up) or a negative (they're already struggling to get it running smoothly, hence the drop). Sorry, that's not much help. :(

I swore they have a feb date for ragnarok but we haven't heard anything :/
"ragnarok" gets no hits on the EU blog. :(

Two different games
Two different platforms

If both are good, why wouldn't you both? Ok, so budget is tight. You'll eventually get both.
Because the internet measures success in day 1 sales.

(I'm not in any way suggesting sales of the two will be comparable)

Two different games
Two different platforms

Exactly.

I said it before and I'll say it again:

This isn't GTA5 vs. Saint's Row 4.
This isn't Killzone Mercenary vs. CoD BLOPS2 Portable.
Apples, oranges, potatoes people!

Cha

Finally picked up the MGSHDC that I was supposed to get last week.
But now I have Killzone and Tearaway fever, and can't bring myself to play it right now :/
Those gameplay trailers and preview videos for KZ and Tearaway look sooo good! My admiration and respect for both of these developers has risen considerably. Good on you MM and Guerilla Cambridge!

Oh, and I think Killzonedotcom's tweet was just awesome! Nothing wrong with a little friendly taunting in my opinion :D

I have both handhelds, and so far and in the foreseeable future they compliment each other well. When the 3DS had a dry spell during fall/winter 2012 the Vita delivered with ACL, Ragnarok, P4G and Oddworld. Now it's the reverse with Vita having a dry spell and 3DS delivering Fire Emblem, SMT Soul Hackers and hopefully Luigis Mansion. After that It will reverse back.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend having both handhelds.

This.

My sentiment exactly.

Derrick01

Banned

Two different games
Two different platforms

Both coming out on the same day and Killzone jokingly threw out a challenge.

None of that other stuff matters though. Games compete for people's money and time regardless of platform or genre.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Yeah, you can play online fine, there's no pass or anything.
There's also no DLC at the moment, but some is planned. It's just costumes though, not extra quests.

I haven't seen anything for my 3DS I really cared it about. I did buy Mario Sticker and Kingdom Hearts, both of which weren't beaten and probably never will be

ZeroAKA

The referral website keeps an inventory of everyone you send the emails to, I guess, and the one I sent off has a 'success, payment pending' next to it.
Most of my referrals say that except for one, which shows the status as "Accepted." I haven't gotten a single penny yet though.

Ran rp

So if I have two Vita and do the referral thing I'm basically getting $40 for free? Thanks, Sony. I'll probably download New Little King's Story or EDF.

dan2026

Seems like people are expecting NGS2+ to be less than native res. So it's either positive (they've taken a hit in the resolution to keep the speed up) or a negative (they're already struggling to get it running smoothly, hence the drop). Sorry, that's not much help. :(

No worries.
I'm assuming its the latter.

I remember Ninja Gaiden 2 being even tougher than the first one in spots.
30fps is going to be a nightmare in response time.

ZeroAKA

PSY・S;47134808 said:
So if I have two Vita and do the referral thing I'm basically getting $40 for free? Thanks, Sony. I'll probably download New Little King's Story or EDF.
Possibly $80 if you're able to make an account on the site and use different PSNs/emails for each of your own referrals. :p

the referral site gives me an error at the PSN id, everytime I try to sign up.. what is wrong..?
You can't sign up for your own account if you didn't get the original email from Sony. You can use other people's referral codes to get the PSN credit though. PM me if you're interested.

Derrick01

Banned
Damn Sonic Racing just keeps delivering. I got the 95 stars needed to "beat" the game and after the credits it unlocks another whole new world for me. I just wish the game wasn't so impossibly hard on Hard difficulty. The races are pretty much impossible for me to do even with Sonic with a speed mod.

Moobabe

None of that other stuff matters though. Games compete for people's money and time regardless of platform or genre.

Bingo. It's not apples to oranges - they're both games and both competing for money.

sajj316

GTA will cost about $60. I predict Mercenary to cost around $40. Hopefully Sony doesn't go the route of Uncharted and COD at $50. I'd be more worried if priced at $50.

A Vita-only gamer wants games at this point and they'll buy regardless. If a PS3/Vita gamer goes to the store looking to pickup GTA 5 and if they have a Vita they'll think about getting Mercenary as well (at the right price). Sony is hoping (I would assume) on that. I wouldn't want to go GameStop or any other retailer twice in that month. Kill two birds with one stone idea. I know money is tight but good games sell.

Never underestimate the power of digital. I will be going digital for all Vita titles going forward.

Kingbrave

Are we supposed to of already gotten the 20 from the psn referral? I thought it would be a couple weeks but yall have me wondering.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Finally got round to playing Sonic All-Stars Transformed. Damn this game is good. Hard difficulty is a bitch though.

my biggest fear is how well it controls - i cant stand racing games on iphones etc... i know this has 2 joysticks but does it FEEL like you have control similarly to consoles or are you really loose sliding into things all over and what not

Quit second guessing and buy it!

ohhh ok... (・_・;)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
my biggest fear is how well it controls - i cant stand racing games on iphones etc... i know this has 2 joysticks but does it FEEL like you have control similarly to consoles or are you really loose sliding into things all over and what not
Quit second guessing and buy it!

Beyond P4G, Sonic Racing seems to be the most lauded game in the thread - and for good reason.

Carl is banned again? What did he do this time :/.

Goddamn now I am in a hurry to finish Ni No Kuni in a month before Persona 4 ;). Still trying to get some silly trophies in Pinball Arcade. Too addicting! I'll prolly have to buy DLC tables for it.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Carl is banned again? What did he do this time :/.

Goddamn now I am in a hurry to finish Ni No Kuni in a month before Persona 4 ;). Still trying to get some silly trophies in Pinball Arcade. Too addicting! I'll prolly have to buy DLC tables for it.

howd that happen?! - i think i am going to stop posting

Sort of, but not really.

GTA will cost about $60. I predict Mercenary to cost around $40. Hopefully Sony doesn't go the route of Uncharted and COD at $50. I'd be more worried if priced at $50.

A Vita-only gamer wants games at this point and they'll buy regardless. If a PS3/Vita gamer goes to the store looking to pickup GTA 5 and if they have a Vita they'll think about getting Mercenary as well (at the right price). Sony is hoping (I would assume) on that. I wouldn't want to go GameStop or any other retailer twice in that month. Kill two birds with one stone idea. I know money is tight but good games sell.

Never underestimate the power of digital. I will be going digital for all Vita titles going forward.

I like you. You're rational and logical. Are we PSN friends?

But yeah, you hit a point I was going to make before I said, "Fuck it, I'm typing to a wall here."

There are few reasons I can think of that I wouldn't buy a game on day 1 if I was actually interested in it or even thinking about going to get it on release day:
(1) Money is tight and I can really only afford one.
(2) They're the same genre and I don't need to buy 2 games for the same genre day 1, I'll wait for a sale.
(3) I'm already playing something else so I'll wait for a sale on it anyway.

Now the only one of those that GTA5 really impacts is (1). Can you spend $40 on Killzone Mercenary if you're shelling out $60 for GTA5? Maybe you do buy GTA5 first. But if money is really tight, maybe you buy Killzone first because it's $20 cheaper, who knows. The end result is, if you want both games, you'll end up with them both sooner rather than later, providing one of them isn't getting panned and looks to drop to bargain bin within weeks.

It might affect (3) but that's really very preference based. Is buying GTA5 going to count for that? Maybe you're already playing another game when both come out so you wait for sales on both? Maybe it doesn't count to you because you feel like playing both an action game and a sandbox game.

I've also gone all digital now and I find myself DYING for Sony to release bigger cards as well as fix the bubble order jumbles when swapping so I can keep my 32 and put all my PSOne/PSP/Minis on it and move all my Vita games to a new larger card.

I started going all digital, then I bought my son a Vita, and now he has 2 games compared to my 15 or so

This is true, mostly, only if you have multiple Vitas since you can't share a digital purchase between them easily. I think you can have 2 Vitas activated on your account, but at the same time, you can't really be logged in on the same PSN twice I think (Vita-wise).
So besides price, I can see this being a barrier to all digital, provided you're in a situation where you have the need to share games between accounts/units.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

I don't like how the game look on Vita.... but I must admit

its feel and control very good and karts handling is awesome and best for any kart game yet,the vita analogue sticks shine here, they give you the console controller feel.

ohhh ok... (・_・;)

The controls are good. R is accelerate and L is slide, X is fire, square look behind and the left analogue stick is steer.

Top Bottom