• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

you forgot the only confirmed PSN title I will actually buy this year so far.... the binding of isaac rebirth :/

I know you said ect. ect. but such an oversight :/

You forgot to add Putty Squad!!1

Edit: Wohhoo new page, buy the aforementioned game if it ever releases. And stalk Yoshida on Twitter, telling hIm to make a new Colony Wars for PS4/Vita or at least release the old PSX games on PSN.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
You'll buy Guacamelee and Velocity Ultra and you'll damn well love them.

a port with nothing new but new ugly art style.

And after all this time to me Guacamelee is almost a pseudo-vaporware.

remember when they downplays Wii U and saying they got the 2nd Screen already before the releses of the Wii U? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Persona 5, Vita exclusive.

:p

lol.

yeah that ship has already moved to another place and it will not come back,just don't do this to yourselves.

Salaadin

Like the years before this one, when we where expecting more vita news they where talking about the move, this year they are expected to talk a lot about ps4 but they will "waste" time on vita :D

Personally, I cant wait for the Wonderbook Vita presentation!

So, Corrosive: Did you figure out that mission unlock thing?

I did not. I stopped playing since I didn't feel like doing the main game and switched over to my ICO playthrough on PS3. I'm really assuming it's got something to do with finishing the game on normal or hard.

Sooo I have to admit, playing ngsplus, I can feel the fps difference compared to the originals, but that in no way affects the game at all

Wrong.

But seriously IGN....only you and a few others thought this would be a PSN only title.

Another example of IGN's ineptitude. It screams "retail release" just like LBP did.

And just like that Killzone Vita bombed heavily. GTA 5 coming in september now. Might even be the same day, the 17th.

So? It's 8 months off. They're different genres. They're different platforms.
There will be people who will buy both.
There will be people who buy only one to start.
If this was BLOPS2 and Halo 4 again? Yeah, maybe... but even in that case, those games sold to their respective userbase and are still going strong within them.

I would not count on it...

Pretty sure they said Dragon's Crown was 2013. Someone else covered that already though.

You'll buy Guacamelee and Velocity Ultra and you'll damn well love them.

Listen to this man.

Sid

Like the years before this one, when we where expecting more vita news they where talking about the move, this year they are expected to talk a lot about ps4 but they will "waste" time on vita :D
I hope but you know the PS4 is going to blow everything away come E3

zulux21

Given the ps2 just ended it's manufacturing run I half expect a 10 minute tribute to the ps2 during sony's conference lol.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Where is this Darkstalkers news?

i couldnt find the exact post i read here....but a google search brings up many sites saying similar....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a367905/darkstalkers-3-listed-for-ps3-vita.html

edit: thats an old link - my bad...

there was news though!! i'll keep trying to find it!

edit 2: well i must be crazy and mis reading thigns becuase i can't find much....but everything i've read (latest i can find was at comic con last fall) they are releasing a compilation on vita/psn, and depending how it does will be the deciding factor to reignite the series or not. I SWEAR though i read someone posting an updated blurb on it this past week or 2.

Also, from igns preview of tearaway

I’ve finally been given the chance to play Tearaway – due out sometime in 2013 – and I’ve been left with mixed emotions.

Mixed emotions, that doesn't sound too good to be honest. I'm predicting a 7/10 score from ign.

Same day is horrible :lol

I have to admit if I only have money for 1 game at that time it's going to GTA 5 without any hesitation at all. They better delay Killzone asap. Vita software sales are poor enough without something like GTA stomping on the rest of it.

New KZ release date prediction:-

3rd September for NA and the next day for EU.

I think they should move Killzone Mercenaries to August

Iacobellis

WTF do we have after March till September anyways on any platform? Just SS and TLOU?

Vita gets The Last of Us?

ron-paul.gif

zulux21

WTF do we have after March till September anyways on any platform? Just SS and TLOU?

on any platform?
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Dead Island Riptide
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
are all april

Resident Evil Revelations
Remember Me
are may

Disney Infinity
is june

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
is august

i am sure more will be announced in late feb/march though as if you announce much right now on the ps3/360 it will just be forgotten until march is over lol.

edit: we also have killer is dead, rune factory 4, and ys 1 and 2 on steam... forgot to take those into account :p

you forgot the only confirmed PSN title I will actually buy this year so far.... the binding of isaac rebirth :/

I know you said ect. ect. but such an oversight :/

Not buying Velocity Ultra?
You'll be run out of this thread!

on any platform?
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Dead Island Riptide
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
are all april

Resident Evil Revelations
Remember Me
are may

Disney Infinity
is june

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
is august

i am sure more will be announced in late feb/march though as if you announce much right now on the ps3/360 it will just be forgotten until march is over lol.

edit: we also have killer is dead, rune factory 4, and ys 1 and 2 on steam... forgot to take those into account :p

Huh. I won't be buying any of those...
Maybe when RE:Revelations hits the bargain bin.

And you forgot the only game that matters in that timeframe: God of War: Ascension

Same day is horrible :lol

I have to admit if I only have money for 1 game at that time it's going to GTA 5 without any hesitation at all. They better delay Killzone asap. Vita software sales are poor enough without something like GTA stomping on the rest of it.

Delay Killzone?

No.

Move it forward a month. Resident Evil 6 was originally November...moved forward to October 20, then moved forward to October 2 - which is when it released. If anything, as good as Killzone already appears to be, they can move it forward a month, seeing September 17 is 7.5 months away.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
In case any is paying attention to toto they have been working on the game non stop. They even brought in public playtesters last week or the week before.

Thanks for the info,that nice to hear so it should not take long to be approved now.

you care about me so very much too,let lick eachother Vitas.

zulux21

Not buying Velocity Ultra?
You'll be run out of this thread!

nope I have no plans to buy that, My wife and I would never get around to playing it so why buy it?

And you forgot the only game that matters in that timeframe: God of War: Ascension

I didn't forget it, it's not in that timeframe so it wasn't listed o_O;
God of war: ascension is a march game so it doesn't fit the timeline of after march
not that it would matter to me anyways, but most of the games on that list don't matter to me. I wouldn't buy most of them lol

zulux21

You think anyone who likes Killzone or owns a Vita isn't aware that a Killzone game is coming?

I think Sony just needs to make sure to market the hell out of it.

I have at least 2 people on my steams friend's list who I could message with "hey killzone vita is coming on spet 17th did you even know one was being made?" and they would respond that they didn't even know a killzone game was coming
and then they would go back to not caring because hell would freeze over before they bought a killzone game on the vita lol but my point is there are people who don't know :p

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
imagine if we had such an impact outside of gaf to affect sales?...should we? :p

edit: im talking real world - outside of gaf. - was unaware that doing it inside gaf was banable though!

sigh its just i love this handheld and with nice games on the horizon - i just wish more people would take notice.... i geuss the same thing can happen to vita that happened to psp.

zulux21

sigh its just i love this handheld and with nice games on the horizon - i just wish more people would take notice.... i geuss the same thing can happen to vita that happened to psp.

the vita actually has games I want to play right now though, I got a psp day 1 and put it in storage like two weeks after I got it until May 10, 2007 lol (so like 2 years it just sat there doing absolutely nothing)

Salaadin

I seriously cant stop thinking about Ys. That news literally made my week. All I want to do is watch videos of it now but I dont want to spoil myself.
I think its time to do another OiF and 7 playthrough on my Vita.

On an unrelated note, Ive been playing MGS3 HD for the past 2 days. Im amazed that this even exists on the Vita. It looks and plays so great. and its sooo good having MGS3 portable. Bluepoint did a great job with it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
the vita actually has games I want to play right now though, I got a psp day 1 and put it in storage like two weeks after I got it until May 10, 2007 lol (so like 2 years it just sat there doing absolutely nothing)

I had bad experience with PSP mostly because of the 1 circle pad (or whatever that abomination stick is called). now I'm replaying -and rebuying- my PSP games on Vita and it's The difference Is night and day,game are actually playable and enjoyable.

zulux21

I had bad experience with PSP mostly because of the 1 circle pad (or whatever that abomination stick is called). now I'm replaying -and rebuying- my PSP games on Vita and it's The difference Is night and day,game are actually playable and enjoyable.

oh don't get me wrong, I love my psp and I prefer it's library over the DS, but it took a long time before the psp started getting games that I actually wanted to play, once it did though it never really stopped (heck it still hasn't as there are some psp release this year that still interest me lol)

I bought a PSP when it was new but I never had money for games. I for some reason assumed I'd be able to at least download some game demos but NO demos (got loco roco eventually, lol) oh and I couldn't afford a 1GB stick. High school sucked with no $.

But at least I got mah vita now and DAT PS+ :D

Kerub

Banned
There were some good games releasing towards the end of the PSP life-cycle. Trails in the sky, tactics ogre for instance. Hopefully that will happen to Vita too.

zulux21

There were some good games releasing towards the end of the PSP life-cycle. Trails in the sky, tactics ogre for instance. Hopefully that will happen to Vita too.

it's like 4-5 years to early to even start worrying about the end of the vita's life cycle lol.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

definitely expecting the system to maintain a decent life...i think once ps4 hits they are going to ramp up marketing again for vita....don't forget - once the next gen systems are out...E3's go back to discussing other hardware/software.

so E3 2014 = 3rd wave of ps4 hits and vita schtuff.

Kyon

Banned
Sometimes, this thread starts to feel like a cult.

Who curr.

Buy Persona 4 Golden and hush

So these are vita games that is coming to the west this year :

Soul Sacrifice
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New n' Tasty
Muramasa
Tearaway
Killzone: Mercenary
Ys Celceta
Guacamelee
Velocity Ultra
Sly 4
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
Samurai and Dragons
Snapshot
Dragon's Crown
Valhalla Knights 3
Dead or live 4 plus
Ninga gaiden sigma plus 2

and maybe more tomorrow or next E3, im so satisfied ! it needs only more sony games,hope they not ignore the vita by focusing on the ps4 !

You forgot Sonic adventure game :)

Top Bottom