• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

ZeroAKA

Poor Carl. Did he say how long he's banned for?

Edit: Well, this is an awkward way to begin a new page. Buy Killzone, Tearaway, Muramasa, and Ys Celceta. Also Hatsune Miku Project Diva f while you're at it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sony need to sell their games digitally on Amazon.com.

I noticed that I buy Steam games from Amazon more than on Steam itself nowadays because how awesome Amazon deals are.

the ball is in your court,Sony.

Poor Carl. Did he say how long he's banned for?

Edit: Well, this is an awkward way to begin a new page. Buy Killzone, Tearaway, Muramasa, and Ys Celceta. Also Hatsune Miku Project Diva f while you're at it.

you are in the middle of the page actually.

from his twitter:

so is this new a rule? I read people point on and talk about women and celebrity breasts all the time in GAF,especially on the OT section.

Do we know what the offending post was?

I swear, he said he wasn't venturing out into other threads to avoid exactly this...

I noticed that I buy Steam games from Amazon more than on Steam itself nowadays because how awesome Amazon deals are.

you are in the middle of the page actually.

They used to. Back before the hacking.
I bought Critter Crunch via Amazon and was given a code.
But I think both MS and Sony declined from doing that recently.
The Steam stuff is a little different because it's just that the license you purchase happens to be redeemable on Steam.

And you're 100% correct. Middle of the page, man. 100pp is the only way to roll.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
The thread about the girl from Big Bang Theory in Off Topic.

I finally agree!
Retail cards, and digital codes from 3rd parties are long overdue.
I've love to be able to gift and buy people anything.

Derrick01

Banned
Alright I have gamez discussion. Why does Ninja Gaiden control so weirdly? The movement is off, like there's a delay between the stick and him moving left or right. Or it was designed to just move really poorly like that. All I know is trying to position myself to run up and jump off a wall to the left or right is a little more frustrating than I'd prefer. I don't remember that being in the ps3 version 4 years ago or whenever it was.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Alright I have gamez discussion. Why does Ninja Gaiden control so weirdly? The movement is off, like there's a delay between the stick and him moving left or right. Or it was designed to just move really poorly like that. All I know is trying to position myself to run up and jump off a wall to the left or right is a little more frustrating than I'd prefer. I don't remember that being in the ps3 version 4 years ago or whenever it was.

30fps. it give more input lag by default.

Sid

Game designed for 60 FPS made to run @30 FPS.

I wondered the same thing and why I found it harder than on PS3. It's the framerate, 30fps vs 60. PS3 version is twice as responsive so it's easier.

Ran rp

Possibly $80 if you're able to make an account on the site and use different PSNs/emails for each of your own referrals. :p

You can't sign up for your own account if you didn't get the original email from Sony. You can use other people's referral codes to get the PSN credit though. PM me if you're interested.

Wait is there a limit on the Vita's serial number? Can I use one serial number with multiple accounts? I'm actually still not sure how this is all done. I should probably read that email already :p

Derrick01

Banned

Ah yeah that would do it. It would also explain why I don't remember that problem being in the PS3 version.

RedNumberFive said:
Ok, I'm glad to here that I wasn't the only one who was having weird control issues with Ninja Gaiden. It was really bugging me last night.

I was seriously struggling with precise movements last night in combat and platforming. I don't feel like the game runs bad at all for 30fps but it does affect the movement. I dunno if I can adapt to it because it feels like I have to fight the controls as much as the tough enemies.

dan2026

I was seriously struggling with precise movements last night in combat and platforming. I don't feel like the game runs bad at all for 30fps but it does affect the movement. I dunno if I can adapt to it because it feels like I have to fight the controls as much as the tough enemies.

Its not only the controls I'm fighting, its the camera too.

I don't remember it being so bad on the console.

I think it's a little easier to make gentle camera movements on the console than on the Vita, what with the smaller sticks and all. I simply do not enjoy it as much on the Vita. That 30FPS is killing me, literally.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
how are you guys always on the same games together?? i understand they release typically at the same times...but arent you in the middle of other games? i really want to dive into sonic racing and ninja gaiden but have been enjoying playing gravity rush and hot shots golf..

do you guys just disregard backlogs? or you can just handle playing multiple games at once? i used to do that but learned some games i jsut slowly stop playing or forget how to play/story and it gets added to the backlog...maybe its my old age(26) but i can't handle more than 2-3 games at once.

dan2026

That 30FPS is killing me, literally.

I just beat Alma. That is no freaking joke, even at 60fps on a big screen.
Kinda nightmarish on the Vita. I always feel like I am barely in control.

I can't imagine doing it on a harder difficulty, when she has minions.

how are you guys always on the same games together?? i understand they release typically at the same times...but arent you in the middle of other games? i really want to dive into sonic racing and ninja gaiden but have been enjoying playing gravity rush and hot shots golf..

do you guys just disregard backlogs? or you can just handle playing multiple games at once? i used to do that but learned some games i jsut slowly stop playing or forget how to play/story and it gets added to the backlog...maybe its my old age(26) but i can't handle more than 2-3 games at once.

I'm 27 and I usually play 5 or 6 games at once >_>

Derrick01

Banned

After finishing Persona 4 I'm bouncing between a lot of non-story games now. Been playing Sonic Racing, Ninja Gaiden, Hot Shots, and I'm going to go back to finishing Unit 13. That's just on Vita. On PS3 I've been slowly going through Ni No Kuni and on PC I've been doing Borderlands 2 with a friend and doing some Euro Truck Simulator 2 every now and then. I'm also kind of getting back into Crusader Kings 2 as well.

OmegaZero

I remember struggling with both when I first picked it up.
I eventually got used to them and enjoyed the game so much that I borrowed one of my friends consoles to play Black and 2 almost back to back, since Sigma Plus was my first NG game.

I think Alma almost becomes easier with minions, since you can izuna drop them for invincibility frames.

Ken

Disregard backlog. Acquire new games.

Is there something wrong with my Vita? It seems to drain its battery really quickly overnight. I was pretty sure I left it with 1/3 battery the night before and 7 hours later it won't even turn on.

33, and I'm lucky if I can juggle two games at once. Right now Persona 4 and Hot Shots are those two. I'm still half way through Assassin's Creed 3, but I'm afraid to go back to it, as I haven't touched it in a month. I have no clue what I was doing the last time I played it. I'm at that point where I'll either restart it, or put it back on the shelf.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
33, and I'm lucky if I can juggle two games at once. Right now Persona 4 and Hot Shots are those two. I'm still half way through Assassin's Creed 3, but I'm afraid to go back to it, as I haven't touched it in a month. I have no clue what I was doing the last time I played it. I'm at that point where I'll either restart it, or put it back on the shelf.

yeah thats how i usually feel...the worst part about jumping between games is losing skill. i took like 1 long week off from hot shots to play gravity rush and ni no kuni, and my skills dropped considerably.

yeah thats how i usually feel...the worst part about jumping between games is losing skill. i took like 1 long week off from hot shots to play gravity rush and ni no kuni, and my skills dropped considerably.

Exactly. My copy of Ni no Kuni is going to sit on my shelf, untouched, until I finish Persona 4. There is no way I can keep up with two JRPGs at once.

Edit: I don't think I'll ever be able to win a round of "real golf mode" in Hot Shots. I've hit the wall trying to get those stars.

Iacobellis

Disregard backlog. Acquire new games.

Is there something wrong with my Vita? It seems to drain its battery really quickly overnight. I was pretty sure I left it with 1/3 battery the night before and 7 hours later it won't even turn on.

I think you said it backwards. :p

namDa65

After finishing Persona 4 I'm bouncing between a lot of non-story games now. Been playing Sonic Racing, Ninja Gaiden, Hot Shots, and I'm going to go back to finishing Unit 13. That's just on Vita. On PS3 I've been slowly going through Ni No Kuni and on PC I've been doing Borderlands 2 with a friend and doing some Euro Truck Simulator 2 every now and then. I'm also kind of getting back into Crusader Kings 2 as well.

Co-op PC game. Derrick you gonn' start playing some minecraft with that friend, and then dota 2 with that friend. And then we'll all be happy that you got into MP gaming. :)

I am about to buy ragnarok odyssey just to support xseed.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Steam user here,killed my Steam backlog in two months ..will share my sacred secrets.

age have nothing to do with anything, magic way is to focus on one game at the time, just sit and attack it,DO NOT jump from game to game.

most game can be beaten in 1 day(srsly),other in two days max(a weekend),few big J/W RPGs in a week.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I wondered the same thing and why I found it harder than on PS3. It's the framerate, 30fps vs 60. PS3 version is twice as responsive so it's easier.

Game designed for 60 FPS made to run @30 FPS.

Ah yeah that would do it. It would also explain why I don't remember that problem being in the PS3 version.

B-B-B-B-BUT CARL SAID 60FPS ISN'T NEEDED FOR ACTION GAMEZ! HOW IS HE WRONG!?

More proof Carl has no idea what he's talking about and has to defend Lord Sony-sama every chance he can get from perceived negativity.

Port's REALLY bad with the frame-rate downgrade and bow controls. But the game is still awesome. I really can't recommend it like Omega has been trying to convenience people it's not a total turd and so to "buy it." But for free or $10 and it's the only way you can play Ninja Gaiden 1? It's alright... ish...

Top Bottom