• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Now that's weird, it works just fine for me.

(sorry Toto)

vRboS4J.gif

Jesus Schobeleth, charge that Vita. >:O

Rofl I was playing last night in a really desperate attempt to finally finish the dlc. The control scheme with the right stick for gas and the left for steering is the best imo.

That Starlight Inception screen looks awesome. Really can't wait for that game. Trying to figure out how I can cram NG Sigma+ onto my 8gb card :(

My Vita should arrive at Sony on Monday, and I'll hopefully have my replacement by Friday at the latest. When that happens, we so need to get together for a HSG tourney.

Now that's weird, it works just fine for me.

(sorry Toto)

Why didn't I think of this before? Thanks Number!

Shoyz

Feeling like a total idiot for not buying the multiplier for Jetpack Joyride. Got all the trophies now except for the buy everything one and I'm a good 200,000 coins short. So I have to massively grind to get it because I am not paying $6 for 1 trophy. Would have paid 2 bucks though <_<

Ouch, really? I 100%'d the game on PC and there was nothing near that. Just things like buying an outfit and flying over 5k.

Much as I wanted to stick to only physical releases, couldn't really pass up $6 for a month of PSN+ with Ninja Gaiden added to the mix. I was kind of hoping that starting on a new trophy list I could stick to it and 100% everything, but all hope was lost upon reaching the first boss..
Gravity Rush is great so far, but I really wish there was a Retry option in the challenges. Choosing between finishing the rest of it and spending 30 seconds waiting to exit and re-enter are frustrating.

Tobor

I'm trying to play a game on my Vita, and theres no wifi where I am.

Every single game errors out with a cannot connect error. Wtf?

Shoyz

I have 8GB memeory card in my vita. How many or which games can I install on it without taking up too much space like leaving atleast 2-3GB left?

Persona 4: 3.1GB
Ninja Gaiden: 2.2GB
Disgaea 3: 2.1GB
Let's Fish: 1.45GB
Gravity Rush: 1.45GB
All-Stars: 1.3GB
Lumines: 720MB
Katamari: 650MB

Really depends on the game, but about 3-4 I suppose?

kiyomi

I have 8GB memeory card in my vita. How many or which games can I install on it without taking up too much space like leaving atleast 2-3GB left?

Digital downloads can go between 250mb (Mutant Blobs Attack) and 3GB (Uncharted), so you're gonna have to calculate what you can fit in. You can usually see the download size on the game info page on the PS store before you download it, but if not, once you start downloading, you can check to see how big it is. If you think it's too big, you can just cancel the download.

Installing physical games takes up very little space (a few MB, I think.), so you shouldn't worry about those. :)

Digital downloads can go between 250mb (Mutant Blobs Attack) and 3GB (Uncharted), so you're gonna have to calculate what you can fit in. You can usually see the download size on the game info page on the PS store before you download it, but if not, once you start downloading, you can check to see how big it is. If you think it's too big, you can just cancel the download.

Installing physical games takes up very little space (a few MB, I think.), so you shouldn't worry about those. :)

Not including updates but including saves my lbp install takes up 4mb so yeah :)

Yeah, I was gonna mention patches as well, but it's not that significant for most games AFAIK.

HSG is the biggest patch on my Vita, like 160mb if I remember right.

The patches for escape plan are almost a gig :/

I think you really need to take patches into account when downloading a game :)

Tobor

Ok, it does seem like plus games are the problem. Purchased games work.

I thought plus games work offline until your contract is up?

Sonic Racing was more tempting before the PC port came out, now it's competing with 60fps and far higher IQ at a lower price. Just checked the digital price, Sony wants 55$ here, what the fuck.

I don't know wtf is up with vita games pricing.... Psn+ is the only reason I'm really wanting to buy a vita now.
Loved the hardware since day one but the pricing on games is fucking stupid. Pc gaming isn't nearly this expensive.

Tobor

They do.
But you need to connect every x time to psn so their license is refreshed.

I connected to check the store just the other night. And my Plus subscription is valid for a year.

Does each game have to be individually connected periodically? If so, that's incredibly lame.

kiyomi

Wait, Tamaster, did you mean the DLC for Escape Plan or actual patches? 'Cause that's crazy if they're just bug fixes and stuff.

ZeroAKA

I connected to check the store just the other night. And my Plus subscription is valid for a year.

Does each game have to be individually connected periodically? If so, that's incredibly lame.
I don't think so. I never had to after the first time.

As fighters go, UMvC3, SFxT, or wait for DOA5+?

Depends on what you like.

If you like Capcom fighters, you can't go wrong with the first two.
I own both digitally and find them very true to the console versions.
UMvC3 is easier to play though, since it's a 4 attack + 2 assist game instead of a 6 attack game.
I'm not a fan of DoA series, so that's not for me, but it looks like a good port if you're into it.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Why is it so tricky to see how much free space your card has? It shouldn't be buried in the menu, it should be accessible on the front screen like the PSP...

Escape Plan was WAY TOO BIG after the patches and stuff. They basically pre-patched the DLC so when you buy it, it just unlocks right? Maybe when I get a bigger card I'll re-DL it and go for %100 of the trophies but man was that game hard at times.

None of those are system sellers.

They needn't be system sellers. Sony doesn't generally have that tangible of Nintendo. Sony generally fills in a library, more than sells one.

So, I ask to look at this from a different angle:

Someone is in a store and decides to look at the Vita. They notice the wall of games, and even though Killzone, Uncharted, AC3L, Persona 4, NFSMW or CoDBlopsD may not sell a system alone - the collective grouping will. It's about having a vast library of known properties, diverse properties and new properties.

Persona 4 is a system seller to JRPG fans and gaming enthusiasts/forum fans - but in the west - guaranteed CoDBlopsD sold far more, and far more Vitas.

WORLDTree

Speaking of Escape Plan...that was made with Unity right? Did the developer ever release any comments on how they put the engine on the platform considering it doesn't have it under the easy export feature? As someone getting into developing I really like Unity and it would be great if I could easily export my projects to the Vita

Also just cleared 5k on Jet-pack Joyride with the new button controls. Died at 4.6k and got a lucky Atom Blast :O

Tomodachi

Why is it so tricky to see how much free space your card has? It shouldn't be buried in the menu, it should be accessible on the front screen like the PSP...
It also definitely needs a menu where you can see WHAT is taking up that space. Like on the iPhone, % games % photos % music etc. Maybe even which game/app/video is taking the most space in a sorted list. But this is asking too much from "crosschat? lol not in a million years lol" Sony :3

When it comes to "features" though I'm not complaining too much over this, when I think about Nintendo and their lack of accounts whatsoever on the other hand... That really pisses me off. How is that even conceivable in 2013?

Genki

Also just cleared 5k on Jet-pack Joyride with the new button controls. Died at 4.6k and got a lucky Atom Blast :O

Even a simple game like Jetpack Joyride is so much better with buttons it's not even funny. Broke old record first attempt, without lucky slot machine rolls.

WORLDTree

I know, I personally didn't mind the rear touch that much, but stuff like maintaining a level height and dodging work so much better with X

Feeling like a total idiot for not buying the multiplier for Jetpack Joyride. Got all the trophies now except for the buy everything one and I'm a good 200,000 coins short. So I have to massively grind to get it because I am not paying $6 for 1 trophy. Would have paid 2 bucks though <_<

Also everybody here should watch House of Cards, not just because its a totally great, great show but also because you get to see some hilarious Sony product placement.

Kevin Spacey saying hes got to go get a Playstation Vita had me laughing so damn hard, such utterly bizarre product placement.

I watched the first episode yesterday, was interesting to see him playing Killzone 2 as well lol

Spiegel

Everybody's Golf is awesome.

I bought 16GB card + game voucher for 40€ on amazon and was planning on selling the game but I'm glad I decided to give the game a chance.

Too bad there were only 4 people playing online this afternoon and I got destroyed. Still, I didn't have to wait to get into the game and had a great time.

Top Bottom