• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

DiscoJer

trying that tom blitz game and it keeps telling me what moves to make its annoying. I couldnt find how to turn it off is there anyway?

That's really why I couldn't get into TOM Blitz, despite liking Match-3 games. They've turned it into simply a whack-a mole game, see the moves pop up and make them as fast as possible and get the highest score possible (and hopefully buy some cash shop stuff to help your score).

I mean it's not like Match-3 games had any real deep strategy in them to begin with. But they did have some.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Don't buy Blazblue, it's nearly out of the door with Chrono Phantasmia's redo of it coming and I'm sure Arc will port that shortly after like they did CT/CS1, 2/Exceed to Sony's portables in the past.

Noi

Don't buy Blazblue, it's nearly out of the door with Chrono Phantasmia's redo of it coming and I'm sure Arc will port that shortly after like they did CT/CS1, 2/Exceed to Sony's portables in the past.

I highly doubt it'll have all of CS's story with it though. Extend works well as a catch-up for the series since the beginning.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
That's really why I couldn't get into TOM Blitz, despite liking Match-3 games. They've turned it into simply a whack-a mole game, see the moves pop up and make them as fast as possible and get the highest score possible (and hopefully buy some cash shop stuff to help your score).

I mean it's not like Match-3 games had any real deep strategy in them to begin with. But they did have some.
There is no way you can get a decent score even if you hit the suggested moves instantly.
Top players are constantly making moves.

TheSeks

I highly doubt it'll have all of CS's story with it though. Extend works well as a catch-up for the series since the beginning.

If you're playing Blazblue for the story, you're going to have a bad time.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
you Americans don't even host any WRC round/race.

That didn't stop Codies from releasing the McRae series here.

We do have our own rally, no where near the talent level of WRC though.

Is the new one even any good, I heard the last two were pretty poo.

Zhengi

So I bought a Vita off of craigslist today for $150 with PS All Stars, Modnation Racers, and Reality Fighters. I think I got a good bargain. The device works great. I also purchased Mortal Kombat and Gravity Rush before I got the Vita and am planning on buying Persona 4, Ragnarok Odyssey, and Disgaea 3. So far, I have been pretty impressed with the little machine. The screen is great and I have been having fun. Looking forward to seeing what new games come out for it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
But they just swapped out Chronovolt and FFTactics for Foosball and Ninja Gaiden? Unless I'm confused.

Oh right, I was thinking of retail titles and not PSN titles.

I forgot about Chronovolt, because well, it looked pretty terrible.

TheSeks

You're not supposed to be playing BB for the (terribly written, sequels will surely deliver) story. You're supposed to be playing it for Boobie Lady is Top Tier.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
is this the girl from before?

were you planning to buy her a pink vita if that existed?

why in hell I'll buy a vita for my coworker?

I wanted the pink Vita for my little niece,since her birthday is in April.

sadly there is no pink vita.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Shoyz

Because honestly I can't say no.

"hey do you have a good game for me"
"I don't know what to buy"
"that game look cool,can I have it for the weekend"

and boom ..game gone :(

If you can't get them back by asking, the least you could say is "Not until you return the last game(s) you borrowed". I'd never loan someone a game if they haven't returned one already.

Iph

Banned

well the skin is a nice idea actually.

Maybe I'm anal retentive but I almost never lend my video games to anyone.

Ponn

Banned

well the skin is a nice idea actually.

I have a different hypothesis but will just keep it to myself.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/status/297453101655412737

aSUjKeQ.png

is this guy legit?

Yes, but he's a SCEE guy. It goes without saying that they'll have some amazing Vita-versary PSN deals in Europe, while we Americants get discounted Frobisher Says DLC or something.

Not sure it's worth putting much stock into what he has to say when he characterizes things like Frozen Synapse and Velocity as huge announcements. A big mouth and little else, just like Yoshida.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Yes, but he's a SCEE guy. It goes without saying that they'll have some amazing Vita-versary PSN deals in Europe, while we Americants get discounted Frobisher Says DLC or something.

Not sure it's worth putting much stock into what he has to say when he characterizes things like Frozen Synapse and Velocity as huge announcements. A big mouth and little else, just like Yoshida.

thanks for the info and fast replay :)

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Think im done with jetpack joyride- last trophy is the gold and its just ALOT of boring grinding... Meh, i am however #1 on the friends leaderboard. Scores not high so im shocked 1.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Yeah, I refuse to get hyped about this guy's announcements. Setting yourselves up for disappointment.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Think im done with jetpack joyride- last trophy is the gold and its just ALOT of boring grinding... Meh, i am however #1 on the friends leaderboard. Scores not high so im shocked 1.

Yeah its a -huge- pain in the ass. In the same boat myself. Still a good 150,000 gold coins short. At this point I'll probably cave and buy 100k gold coins. First time I've played this and it was quite enjoyable, a tip in the tip jar of sorts and a giant fuck you to that last trophy. Shrug.

Oshimai

Yeah its a -huge- pain in the ass. In the same boat myself. Still a good 150,000 gold coins short. At this point I'll probably cave and buy 100k gold coins. First time I've played this and it was quite enjoyable, a tip in the tip jar of sorts and a giant fuck you to that last trophy. Shrug.

Keep it in your library. Play it every time you feel like wasting a bit of time here 'n there and I'm sure you'll get it eventually.

A huge pain in the ass would be trying to 100% Wake-Up Club... ><

Top Bottom