• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Hurray Finally got my vita back!!

Traded in my broken one at Gamestop and got a mint white vita used.. Not bad!!

Now to spend the evening arranging icons -___-

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Saw these shots of VK3.
Erm...

51-MQYNY9ML.jpg

41RKIlA11SL.jpg

51JdwME1KHL.jpg

Fourlders? Forlders?

Edit: Buy Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.

Yes. Lots of fourlders!

Iacobellis

PSY・S;47202214 said:
I'm already expecting those two so I hope it's something new and exciting, like another massive exclusive like Soul Sacrfice or a big feature update like Gaikai.

Jak and Daxter revival.

Firmware please.

I like the firmware. Coming from iOS it makes sense. The orbs are unique and I like how background images reflect on their surface, as they pivot around.

The double tap, which brings up a blade like interface; especially when you have multiple pages like games, trophies and the browser open allows instant ease of use.

Updates also appear on each app/games live page and incorporate a pre-WiiU like activity section.

I would like certain aspects streamlined - less please wait pop ups, YouTube videos that play in the browser without closing to launch the YouTube app, a cleaner friends list, folders, remove the bubble limits, friend and main icon page restrictions.

But overall, I quite like the general interface and layout. It looks different in a grid like and icon focused technology world.

joe2187

Banned
PSY・S;47202039 said:
I have no idea what the huge vita surprise(s) could be.

PS2 Vita emulator
RE: Revelations
Vita Okamaiden port
999 for vita port
P4A vita port
Hotline Miami Port
GTAIV vita
The Last guardian now Vita exclusive

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I do too, it's fast and easy to use.
Buy there are a lot of niggling issues to take care of.

My top three are:

1. Folder support of some fashion
2. Ability to swap memory cards and have them save bubble and background info.
3. Tweaks to bubble arranging like moving whole pages.

Just saw this on twitter. Might be interesting.

@shahidkamal: I am gagging to tell you more about some of the simply awesome games coming for PS Vita, but our partners and my boss would kill me.

@shahidkamal: You will just have to take my word for it. The month in which PS Vita celebrates its first birthday will be crowned with tonnes of awesome.

Man, just re-reading this has me super hyped.

It could be any number of awesome things, but he mentions games and secrecy - and it's happening this month as Vita turns one on 2/15-2/22

And he is the

Senior Business Development Manager at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe

So this is very legit

Iacobellis

Pretty sure most of these 'awesome' games will be small scale garbage stuff no one cares about.

That's what I thought at first, I never heard of this guy before. Most big time developers have the games they worked on in their Twitter bio.

Sid

PSY・S;47202396 said:
Didn't it launch in November/December in Japan though?

Why do you think so?
Not to say anything about Frozen Synapse but that PR guy is consistently mentioning it as an awesome Vita announcement.

That's what I thought at first, I never heard of this guy before. Most big time developers have the games they worked on in their Twitter bio.
Did anything change your mind?

Hey guys this is a cross post from the Achieve Trophies Thread. Basically we want to get the Team Sonic trophy in Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, but we preferably need 5 people to do it.

-----

team sonic trophy. the description is wrong? I have to get with a group a 5, which is a chore in itself, and win... Hate you trophy ><

We might be able to arrange something next weekend.

According to this guide you can get the trophy with 2, 3 or 4 people on Vita.

CPU-characters are allowed but we have to be lucky if the CPU picks the right character. I'm going to do a post in the Vita thread to see if more people are interested (hopefully 5) in doing this next weekend, so maybe we can make it happen.
-----

The plan is to do it next weekend (Saturday/Sunday) around 7-8pm GMT+1, for the best time for Europeans and Americans to participate

I made a meeting timetable here

Hope to see some of you next week.

Currently we have:

StevePharma
george21000

Pretty sure most of these 'awesome' games will be small scale garbage stuff no one cares about.

He said "awesome" and that his boss and partners would kill him - if he slipped up. Doesn't sound like a small fry announcement to me, especially given his position within Sony. They are unveiling these secret games for the Vitas anniversary - in a month with PS4 announcement incoming. Acknowledging that they flew media to Amsterdam Guerrilla Games (held various events elsewhere), for a massive Killzone and Tearaway formal gameplay unveiling - I can't see them halting momentum.

Sid

He said "awesome" and that his boss and partners would kill him - if he slipped up. Doesn't sound like a small fry announcement to me, especially given his position within Sony. They are unveiling these secret games for the Vitas anniversary - in a month with PS4 announcement incoming. Acknowledging that they flew media to Amsterdam Guerrilla Games (held various events elsewhere), for a massive Killzone and Tearaway formal gameplay unveiling - I can't see them halting momentum.
The guy was mentioning Frozen Synapse as an awesome announcement......anyways you're being unrealistically optimistic IMO.

The guy was mentioning Frozen Synapse as an awesome announcement......anyways you're being unrealistically optimistic IMO.

If its a bigger indie game announcement like:

Unfinished Swan or Journey Vita, I'd be happy - I have no PS3

And I'm optimistic because I really like this capable handheld. After seeing Tearaway and Killzone shine, Sony is trying. It may not all stick to every gamers wall - but I have faith. I refuse to accept the toxic doom and gloom. It's not the games (or lack of to some), but a toxic perception being perpetuated that is drowning the Vita. Remove all of the bullshit and its a great system with capable innards - and a growing, diverse library.

What other HANDHELD allows (or has ever allowed) direct, current gen games to run on it? With the fidelity that they do - consider that for a while.

Direct ports of PS3/XBOX360 fighters, racers, action games (Sonic Transformed, NFSMW, NGS/2+, DoA5, UMvC3, NFSMW, MLB theShow - even an open world AC, a console comparable Uncharted and Killzone), running on a frickin handheld.

I still am blown away by that reality.

Iacobellis

Yeah European indies I guess.

Honestly, indie games are good, but the biggest audience for those are on Android/iOS. We need bigger AAA games, and Tearaway, Killzone, and Soul Sacrifice are a great start.

So, yeah. I guess we both are in the same boat.

Honestly, indie games are good, but the biggest audience for those are on Android/iOS. We need bigger AAA games, and Tearaway, Killzone, and Soul Sacrifice are a great start.

So, yeah. I guess we both are in the same boat.

We don't know everything. He said games, so it's more than one.

I don't think it'll be a weak announcement - seeing they've kept the lid shut on their partnerships - and he implies a larger announcement/unveil - not a twitter mention.

Sony is in full swing, media blowout mode: Killzone, Tearaway, PS4, GoW live action trailer, Vita Anniversary - any other time I'd not be as optimistic/hyped as I am, but they're building momentum as a whole - timing is everything, right?

Sid

We don't know everything. He said games, so it's more than one.

I don't think it'll be a weak announcement - seeing they've kept the lid shut on their partnerships - and he implies a larger announcement/unveil - not a twitter mention.

Sony is in full swing, media blowout mode: Killzone, Tearaway, PS4, GoW live action trailer, Vita Anniversary - any other time I'd not be as optimistic as I am, but their building momentum as a whole - timing is everything, right?
Dude I hope so but when a console can't even get a year late port of RE,Disney Skylanders or a new Madden you know what's up.

Dude I hope so but when a console can't even get a year late port of RE,Disney Skylanders or a new Madden you know what's up.

Sky landers doesn't strike me as $ viable for the Vita demographics. RE Revelations was probably kept from appearing on Vita, in the original contract. Madden arrived but EA is tablet focused.

This is a console comparable handheld, not a massive (sit on the entertainment center) PS3 sized home console - look at what we've got and are getting. I continue to be satisfied and will be more so as Sony continues momentum.

You want a console with shit support and no EA things - see WiiU.

I would love to have some form of savestates, so I can quit game A start game B and aftererwards resume with game A on exact the same point I quitted.

Sid

Sky landers doesn't strike me as $ viable for the Vita demographics. RE Revelations was probably kept from appearing on Vita, in the original contract. Madden arrived but EA is tablet focused.

This is a handheld,not a console - look at what we've got and are getting. I continue to be satisfied and will be more so as Sony continues momentum.

You want a console with shit support and no EA things - see WiiU.
Let me end this by saying I like the games which I have but I want more especially exclusives.

Skyzard

Banned
Vita needs more advertising then it does mainly games imo..not sure Sony is still as confident...hopefully we'll see by the meeting although they seem to want us to expect mainly ps4 stuff from that.
Not that I wouldn't love anything MGS or Rockstar etc Just seems like we won't get too many till we get a boost which probably won't come without a surprise big name or huge advertising with the price cut.

Any word on what the special Strangers Wrath secret was? Btw was I the only one getting a webhosting service when trying neogaf? Since yesterday for me..(UK).

Starlight Inception looks awesome, I really hope they are able to finish it and put it out this year. I'll definitely get it when it's done. I was thinking over a Vita wish list and this is the best I could come up with:

PSO2 to be localized on the Vita in the west.
A competent RTS game, one that has awesome tech trees and possibly even multiplayer.
A Harvest Moon game or equivalent farming/sim game.
Minecraft to finally come to Vita, with multiplayer.
Warrior's Lair to resurface and have a release date of this year.
An open world, western RPG in the vein of Fallout or Bethesda's RPGs (because we'll probably never get one of those).

Do you have any links to new screenshots of Starlight Inception? I'm curious to see what it looks like at this stage.

Top Bottom