• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Takao

Banned
Killzone 2 didn't exactly send PS3s flying off the shelves, a spinoff with a fraction of the hype, and marketing budget won't either.

Iacobellis

Killzone 2 didn't exactly send PS3s flying off the shelves.

No, it didn't. But, Killzone is the closest we have to an FPS that shows what the Vita can truly do. If Sony markets the game right, then they may have potential customers. iOS and Android devices don't have a game that can compete at the moment.

Takao

Banned
There is no historical evidence of a handheld selling FPS. You may argue that previous attempts were poor quality, or on unsuitable hardware, but the past rarely lies. Even if handhelds could become a safe haven for FPSes, I doubt Killzone would be it.

There is no historical evidence of a handheld selling FPS. You may argue that previous attempts were poor quality, or on unsuitable hardware, but the past rarely lies. Even if handhelds could become a safe haven for FPSes, I doubt Killzone would be it.

Yes I'll argue that- no handheld before had hardware to create proper fps game so they sold poorly.

And we already know that two best selling vita games are UGA and CoD.

rCIZZLE

Past handhelds didn't offer a true fps experience. Unsuitable hardware is definitely a valid reason to disregard past attempts. If it gets critical approval I'll be expecting a boost in Vita sales.

Black Ops: Declassified Physical and Digital copies?

Sid

Vita needs more advertising then it does mainly games imo..not sure Sony is still as confident...hopefully we'll see by the meeting although they seem to want us to expect mainly ps4 stuff from that.
Not that I wouldn't love anything MGS or Rockstar etc Just seems like we won't get too many till we get a boost which probably won't come without a surprise big name or huge advertising with the price cut.

Any word on what the special Strangers Wrath secret was? Btw was I the only one getting a webhosting service when trying neogaf? Since yesterday for me..(UK).
That redirect thing has been happening to several people since a day or two.

From OPM preview of killzone:

And most tellingly, I've enjoyed consecutive rounds of online deathmatch without a) blaming the handheld for my paltry kills:deaths, b) dropping it in an RSI-induced spasm or c) staying aware that I was even playing on a Vita. Simply, it felt like Killzone.

DiscoJer

I dunno. Star Wars Battlefront II was pretty big back when the PSP came out. Of course, back then that was a huge franchise and the PSP version was reasonably close to the PS2 version. But it did so well it got 2 sequels from LA.

On the other hand, in this case, even if Killzone is like the PS3 version, it's still...well, Killzone.

Sid

Just started playing Sonic racing,was the patch uploaded today itself? this looks great and runs a lot smoother than the demo.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Ragnarok Odessey is getting here from gamefly today.

Anything I need to know going in as someone who actively has disliked the little monster hunter I have played?

Number45

Is Borderlands 2 better as an SP game than the original? I played through the first recently, and while it plays just fine it's one of the dullest shooters I've ever played. Stupidly long too.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Hey guys this is a cross post from the Achieve Trophies Thread. Basically we want to get the Team Sonic trophy in Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, but we preferably need 5 people to do it.

Currently we have:

StevePharma
george21000
I'll definitely try making it.

Derrick01

Banned
Is Borderlands 2 better as an SP game than the original? I played through the first recently, and while it plays just fine it's one of the dullest shooters I've ever played. Stupidly long too.

Yeah it's a bit better in every way but it's still mostly the same thing. It's funny because everyone I know loved 1 but all of us had a hard time slogging through the ~25+ hours 2 lasted. I guess because 1 was so new and unique at the time, but it's completely burned us all out now.

The problem is that kills the replayability. Part of the reason why 2 is better is the humor, but once you play through it you've heard all the jokes so they're not funny anymore.

Spiegel

I've been replaying MGS2. It was not a good idea because now I want SotC, GOW1&2, FFX-XII, GT4, Jak,... also on Vita.

Sony better do something about these PS2 games.

Genki

Sonic Racing was more tempting before the PC port came out, now it's competing with 60fps and far higher IQ at a lower price. Just checked the digital price, Sony wants 55$ here, what the fuck.

AndyLonn

What I really want to see isn't more ports, Quite the contrary, Exclusives, because when push comes to shove, that is where the system sellers comes from

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Sonic Racing was more tempting before the PC port came out, now it's competing with 60fps and far higher IQ at a lower price. Just checked the digital price, Sony wants 55$ here, what the fuck.

Yea, but Sonic racing is a pickup and play game. My PC is not really a pickup and play device. I don't really play my racers hours at a time. Maybe more like 15-30 minutes every now and then.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Agreed. Kart games are perfect on portable devices (races and events take something like 1 to 3 minutes). I play Persona at home, and Sonic on the train.

kiyomi

Anything I need to know going in as someone who actively has disliked the little monster hunter I have played?

Play it online with people the same level as you. There's not an awful lot else that you have to know, really.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Play it online with people the same level as you. There's not an awful lot else that you have to know, really.

90% of my handheld gaming is done places either with no wifi (stationary bike at the gym) or in a scenario where I need to be able to pause the game at a moment's notice. So online isn't going to happen. The 2-3 times a year I play anything online it isn't a handheld game.

Noi

90% of my handheld gaming is done places either with no wifi (stationary bike at the gym) or in a scenario where I need to be able to pause the game at a moment's notice. So online isn't going to happen. The 2-3 times a year I play anything online it isn't a handheld game.

If you're only going to solo, go for a balanced job like Swordmaster. You'll have the "easiest" time with no sudden difficulty spikes caused by your job's limits.

Yeah seeing that you're a fellow single player type gamer, I'd say avoid classes like hunter and go for the melee type classes that are more balanced. Also, I'm not sure how much you know about how the loot and stuff is set up but it's a lot different from MH in that you really only upgrade armor every so often to have more slots and stuff, weapons are what you'll be upgrading often.

It's a lot of fun and I've been meaning to get back to the game but my backlog keeps growing, I keep wanting to get new games..

Also, I finally got %100 in Motorstorm RC!!

8437387149_620848e339_b.jpg

Now I think I'll finally start playing through Persona... or... something @_@

yella

Have any of you guys used Paypal to put add funds to your PSN wallet yet? I've been trying to use my account, but it keeps telling me I need to add a billing address. Can anybody help me?

Have any of you guys used Paypal to put add funds to your PSN wallet yet? I've been trying to use my account, but it keeps telling me I need to add a billing address. Can anybody help me?

I did yesterday; you just need to put your regular address, it doesn't send anything to you through the mail though, I think.

Noi

Yeah seeing that you're a fellow single player type gamer, I'd say avoid classes like hunter and go for the melee type classes that are more balanced. Also, I'm not sure how much you know about how the loot and stuff is set up but it's a lot different from MH in that you really only upgrade armor every so often to have more slots and stuff, weapons are what you'll be upgrading often.

It's a lot of fun and I've been meaning to get back to the game but my backlog keeps growing, I keep wanting to get new games..

Also, I finally got %100 in Motorstorm RC!!

Now I think I'll finally start playing through Persona... or... something @_@

Jesus Schobeleth, charge that Vita. >:O

kerrak

Hey guys, can anybody confirm what's the price of 1 year of Music Unlimited Premium in Europe if you are a Plus subscriber? I cant check because i'm already a subscriber, and the only price i see on the web is 9.99 Eur if you're not on plus.

Just saying but Starlight is PC/PSV so this doesn't mean it will look like this on Vita.

And from the message they sent to backers today it will have gyro controls.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Feeling like a total idiot for not buying the multiplier for Jetpack Joyride. Got all the trophies now except for the buy everything one and I'm a good 200,000 coins short. So I have to massively grind to get it because I am not paying $6 for 1 trophy. Would have paid 2 bucks though <_<

Also everybody here should watch House of Cards, not just because its a totally great, great show but also because you get to see some hilarious Sony product placement.

Kevin Spacey saying hes got to go get a Playstation Vita had me laughing so damn hard, such utterly bizarre product placement.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Feeling like a total idiot for not buying the multiplier for Jetpack Joyride. Got all the trophies now except for the buy everything one and I'm a good 200,000 coins short. So I have to massively grind to get it because I am not paying $6 for 1 trophy. Would have paid 2 bucks though <_<

Also everybody here should watch House of Cards, not just because its a totally great, great show but also because you get to see some hilarious Sony product placement.

Kevin Spacey saying hes got to go get a Playstation Vita had me laughing so damn hard, such utterly bizarre product placement.

Dude- totally agree! House of cards!! Effing ruthless. Anyways i laughed my ass off at thier product placement of the vita- was shocked to here it.

Top Bottom