• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wake-up Club |OT| Wake-up = life

RpgN

Maybe if we wake up at the same time we can finally play PSABR! :lol

Haha, it sounds more like you're too shy to tell me when you want to play a round! I'm starting to get worried wether I sound too pushy at this point. So from now on, YOU tell me when you want to play!

Ps. wake up club is pretty cool. Themes are nice, menu is pleasing, everything works as intended in club mode and the trophies are up for grabs :p

I like it, it looks like it might help waking up sooner because it wakens that competitive nature in me the moment I hear the alarm.

Shikoro

Tip for people: don't forget to unmute the Vita when you're going to sleep so you don't wake up randomly 10 minutes later to the cheers of many a angry people. XD

Frazley

My club has been good at waking up so I can't view profiles or do friend invites. I will get those trophies eventually. I hold down their icons and it is already on the congratulations screen before it registers.

Had a cool moment where I woke up 3 minutes before the alarm (unintentionally) and I was able to get the Quick Draw trophy! I love getting trophies for waking up.

As of right now, I'll continue to use this even after I get all the trophies because the mini game wakes me up and I feel bad if I don't wake up for my group.

Tip for people: don't forget to unmute the Vita when you're going to sleep so you don't wake up randomly 10 minutes later to the cheers of many a angry people. XD
I always have my Vita muted, WUC still opens at max volume every morning. Think that one's on you! Unless you had headphones plugged in or something and the app isn't smart enough to also use the speakers in that scenario...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Was at 25 days in a row of flawless wake-up club attempts.

Had my Vita's system volume set to three last night while I was playing Ninja Gaiden in bed with SO. 'Missed' my wake up call, despite eating breakfast at the time and my Vita being in the same room. :(

Really hope a future update lets you set the alarm volume.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Had my Vita's system volume set to three last night while I was playing Ninja Gaiden in bed with SO. 'Missed' my wake up call, despite eating breakfast at the time and my Vita being in the same room. :(

Just cheat it: Set an alarm for 1 minute intervals at like 8-9PM. You'll generally be the only one in that wake-up club and get your 30 consistent wake-ups back.

I got 5 more getting in first places then it's smooth sailing to using the app 356 times and waking up 250 times I think for 100% achievement completion.

Then it'll stay on my system as a ramen timer.

MarkusRJR

I'm actually so bad at this. I have a habit of turning off alarms subconsciously or sleeping through them entirely. So either way I end up waking up late. :p

My club wakes up too fast for me to view their profiles.
No they don't, the "game" is just broken. According to it I'm always the last person up yet am ranked first every morning, with an average time of 7 seconds.

You can (check the settings), except the three options are breathy whisper, whisper, and peep. AKA the Vita just doesn't get that loud.
How come it seems like I only ever wake up with bots, surely I can't be the only one who gets up at 7:00 AM EST :/
You're not, the Apple IIGS in a closet at SCEJ that runs Wake-Up Club isn't super-good at doing what it's supposed to.

Frazley

Glad to know it isn't an issue on my end. I am still going to use this even if it's kind of broken. I just got the friend request and the viewing 11 other people trophy. Now I just need to be first, wakeup successfully, use it for 365 days and cheer 2000 people. Not bad.

Hope Sony releases a patch for this game and I would not turn down more DLC and new trophies. This alarm clock actually wakes me up.

Had a weird issue this morning with it. Had my Wake-Up Alarm set for 7:30AM, like I always do, and instead of coming out of standby to ask me if it wanted to launch the app where I'd then tap my avatar and all that, my Vita made a beeping sound after I clicked launch the app and the Wake-Up Alarm never triggered. It also went off 30 seconds late... Makes me want to stop using it, especially if there's a chance I set it and it doesn't trigger! I shouldn't need redundant alarms to cover for this thing.

Frazley

Had a weird issue this morning with it. Had my Wake-Up Alarm set for 7:30AM, like I always do, and instead of coming out of standby to ask me if it wanted to launch the app where I'd then tap my avatar and all that, my Vita made a beeping sound after I clicked launch the app and the Wake-Up Alarm never triggered. It also went off 30 seconds late... Makes me want to stop using it, especially if there's a chance I set it and it doesn't trigger! I shouldn't need redundant alarms to cover for this thing.

Are you opening the app before you go to bed? I have my app open before I put the Vita in Standby mode and it has worked good so far.

Frazley

Yup, every night. First time I ever had it do that.

That is really weird. Hope it doesn't happen to me. I will report back if it does.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I've just discovered WUC by mistake on the store so have installed it and set it for Mon morning. Will see how we go. =)

JWong

Banned
How come sometimes the app doesn't go into the regular wake up club mode.

I woke up a bit early and looked at the time on my Vita, then went back to sleep for a bit until the alarm went off, but wasn't prompted into the club, instead, going straight to the clock.

Huge bump.. it has been a year since Wake-up Club was released.

I got the bottom trophy the hard way yesterday, only using the app once a day since release except for days out of the house.
YMrXQKh.jpg

Has anyone else here earned that trophy this month?
Or are still using Wake-up Club at all?

I'm a few away from Best Pals silver trophy for 365 successful clubs. I forgot to put the volume up a few times before bed and didn't hear it go off until it was too late. Whoops.

Top Bottom