• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wake-up Club |OT| Wake-up = life

Duffyside

Banned
I just got two trophies for waking up to my alarm with a rad Journey theme.

... No words... no words. They should've... woken up a poet...

Beckx

Anyone else have issues tapping on the player icons on the Congrats screen? It seemed like I couldn't select anyone and exiting out took me back to the clock.

Yeah, I had the same thing. Plus everyone woke up before I could do any encouraging. Boo.

daveo42

Banned
Yeah, I had the same thing. Plus everyone woke up before I could do any encouraging. Boo.

I missed out on the encouragement portion too. I hope my teammates don't think I'm just a groggy dick in the mornings. I mean I am, but I still want to give credit where it's due.

SmithnCo

I've been messing around with this, seems really cool. Did a few wake-ups to test how it works. The best part is having people yell at you to get your ass up.

Also, Tokyo Jungle pomeranian theme is the best.

Carl

Think i'll piss a lot of people off with this :p I sleep like a log. My alarm on my phone usually times out after 30 minutes of not waking me up.

I've been messing around with this, seems really cool. Did a few wake-ups to test how it works. The best part is having people yell at you to get your ass up.

Also, Tokyo Jungle pomeranian theme is the best.

I fucking love how the Tokyo Jungle theme has a different animal for each number. It's amazing when you look at the time and it's Elephant Pomeranian O'Clock.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Maybe the vita's volume is low but i didn't wake up for 20 minutes. Maybe I need to change the alarm sound, the jackhammer clock didn't work.

jorgeton

It actually got me up on time.
and I went back to sleep afterwards.. but still!
It's also nice getting a trophy for waking up. And yeah, it seemed like there were a few bots in there named Ricky and Johnny or whatever, unlike actual people with PSN handles and avatars.

zroid

Banned
I'm saying it right now, Game of the Year 2013.

I said it last week :3

Wake Up Club will definitely be the "Swapnote" of Vita for me. Perhaps not a game, or even something that gets me to play more games, per se, but it's what keeps its respective system in use day after day.

kassatsu

Banned
Maybe the vita's volume is low but i didn't wake up for 20 minutes. Maybe I need to change the alarm sound, the jackhammer clock didn't work.

if you pay $0.25 you can get a death metal guy screaming
KuGsj.gif

Woke up this morning and chuckled when I saw kassatsu listed in my top 6. I was 4th.

Now I need to be awake enough tomorrow to cheer people on.

Cade

I was first for ol' late-in-the-mornin' 10:00 AM MST and got to cheer a couple people on. Couple trophies, Journey theme, Fanfare blaring to wake me up... not bad.

Currently rocking the Journey theme (digital) and left my alarm as random, but I'll probably change it to something else.

May be a silly question, but how do you cheer people on?

Thanks.

Cade

Currently rocking the Journey theme (digital) and left my alarm as random, but I'll probably change it to something else.

May be a silly question, but how do you cheer people on?

Thanks.

Tap on their avatar if they still have ZZZ on 'em.

brettreyu

1st place and only one person away from having everyone wake up on time. Lazy bastard!

I never thought an interactive alarm clock with social hooks would be so awesome.

Dynamic3

This doesn't work for me. I hit ok, then it just takes me to a 'please wait' screen (presumably it's signing me back into PSN), then to the clock. :\

Andvary

This doesn't work for me. I hit ok, then it just takes me to a 'please wait' screen (presumably it's signing me back into PSN), then to the clock. :\

If you're testing the app you should note that it needs at least 5 minutes to prepare itself to start, otherwise it won't work. So your next test put the alarm time 5+ minutes away.

jrronimo

Any Mountain time folk? I won't be in on this tomorrow but will play for Friday morning. I'm thinking 8 a.m.

...though I suspect my girlfriend won't appreciate this when she moves in, so I'll probably only be in for a short while.

Any Mountain time folk? I won't be in on this tomorrow but will play for Friday morning. I'm thinking 8 a.m.

...though I suspect my girlfriend won't appreciate this when she moves in, so I'll probably only be in for a short while.
Solution: get your girlfriend a Vita, wake up together. Everyone wins!

zroid

Banned
Once again was the "first" to wake up -- 13 seconds -- but everyone else was already awake when I got to the cheering screen. Well, everyone except for the two bots.

I don't get it :\

zroid

Banned
I woke up at 7:15AM. It said I was first, but it wouldn't let me try to wake anyone up. I wonder if I was matched with the CPU.

This is what keeps happening to me...

You would know if you got bots, though, it's pretty obvious. They don't have avatars or PSN IDs, just generic first names.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
This is what keeps happening to me...

You would know if you got bots, though, it's pretty obvious. They don't have avatars or PSN IDs, just generic first names.
I was the "first" to wake up at 26 seconds, but the characters definitely weren't bots. Probably some network problem over at Sony.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I've twice woken up a few minutes before the alarm. I blame Far Cry 3. I was prepared to stay up half the night playing it but was too bored to stay awake :/

Lan_97

Seems like I'm getting a similar issue as others in here. Waking up to see everyone already awake but still being placed first. Also, I received no cheering if everyone was already awake before me and I don't recall being able to long press avatars to friend.

Jubern

I gave a quick look at this thread and I must say I'm mesmerized by all that discussion about a wake-up app lol

Top Bottom