• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually amazed this one is blowing up. I mean Russian intelligence was helping his campaign. He was sued by the feds for racial housing discrimination. He said POWs were losers. He threatened nuclear strikes.

But this seems to be the one. I don't get it.

There's audio. It's in people's ears, right from the source. And its damning to half the population of the world.

I'm actually amazed this one is blowing up. I mean Russian intelligence was helping his campaign. He was sued by the feds for racial housing discrimination. He said POWs were losers. He threatened nuclear strikes.

If one thing to just read about the horrible things he's said.

Its another to actually hear them for yourself.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
“I actually don’t think there are that many of these guys out there,” Meyer says.

And?

Alt-right internet trolls using anime avatars is a reputation that's out there. It's a known thing. I'm not interested in debating how many of them there are.

Thoraxes

Kirk is up for a tough reelection. Its a no brainer for him.

Yeah, i'm from Illinois and have been following a lot what he's been saying since his seat is up for grabs this year. I will say that since his medical emergency in 2012, he seems to have changed a lot, too.

Well for one, America has a thing about sex and marriage. The fact that he's talking about assault women and trying to seduce women who are married while himself married is a pretty big step.

Plus, in this case, the audio is right there. It's immediate, it's crystal clear. It's not hearsay. It's just there for you to hear.

As mentioned before, it's the Ray Rice effect. Ray wasn't the first person to ever beat his wife/girlfriend in sports. But he was one of the first, if not the first, to have that beating caught on tape. And that changed things. It was no longer a description or even photos, you were seeing him beat a woman. And that's what's happening here. This isn't someone saying Trump said this. It's not quotes from Trump. It's literally Trump saying this stuff. You can't spin it or say that it was taken out of context.

besada

Banned

Even racist wingnuts have daughters and wives.

Jombie

I'm guessing that the straw that will break the camel's back with the undecideds will be Trump's all-out assault on Bill and their marriage Sunday. He literally has nothing else in the tank at this point. He'll lose the election but we should all be ashamed of the culture that got him here.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Sex is the big no-no for a good part of America. The same with adultery. Rape is a big no-no with another huge part of US. This falls badly in so many places. Even with some racists.

CHC

It's simple and easy.

Fhtagn

caught on tape openly admitting to making a habit of committing a crime (sexual assault) just because he is rich and can get away with it is way up on another level.

It's like Romney's 47% comment but far worse. That made Romney seem out of touch, this makes Trump a monster.

Don't forget suggesting 2 times that his supporters should "do something about Hillary" if she wins.

It's a more complicated answer than this, but: it would be almost impossible to take Trump's name off the ticket. Half a million people have voted, and all of the ballots have been printed or are in the process of being printed.

A good way to look at it is this: in 2000, Mel Carnahan died a bit before the election for Missouri senator. Since they couldn't replace him, he had to run. He actually won, and the governor appointed his wife. But the Dems in MO couldn't find a replacement because it was too close to the election. That was a think a week or two before Election Day, but we're pretty much at the point of no return and have been for some time.

SeaGL21.jpg

FStop7

Banned

Attacking women in a way that alludes to sexual assault crosses all ideological boundaries in a way that is very personal.

The only people who aren't incensed by such a thing are ReturnOfKings members, people who are into honor killings, and ISIS. And there's probably a fair amount of overlap between the three.

My 9-year old daughter had to write a five paragraph essay on the two candidates this week. The assignment was clear, and we received a long email from her teacher to emphasize, that this was to be an "objective informational essay for voters." Just the facts, nothing that could be construed as an opinion, nothing that could be considered "disparaging to the candidates." I sent her an email asking if my daughter could directly quote Trump and was told "not if it's anything negative about Clinton or that implies Trump is a bad candidate." Stick to planned policy, she suggested.

Lemme tell you how gross I feel right now for enforcing those guidelines to the letter.

Ferrio

Banned
So was the GOP waiting for something like this too? Something so far out they could denounce him and distance themselves without pissing off their voting base?

jbug617

Banned
Trump no longer attending the Wisconsin event tomorrow. Paul Ryan disinvited him
@DanaBashCNN: just in: @SpeakerRyan disinvited @realDonaldTrump from wisconsin event tomorrow "Women are to be championed and revered, not objectified"

duderon

rollin' in the gutter

He basically admitted to sexually assaulting women. That's a no-no for even the sleaziest of politicians.

I must say the Schadenfreude is sweet. Teflon Don is done.

Kettch

I'm surprised this didn't come out during the primary, would have had a bigger effect on all the "family values" voters.

Was a Democrat just sitting on it waiting for him to get nominated or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom