• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

kess

Amusing there are people here saying this isn't a big deal when Reince "where are my balls" Preibus is compelled to make a statement on it.

L oh fucking L

Barzul

I'm just laughing at how Kaleigh McEnany couldn't even defend this looool. She's been drinking the koolaid all this time. This is the first time I have heard her not back Trump all the way.

Did Bill rape someone now ? I hear he did worse, but compared to what we heard tonight, sure we don't consider adultery worse right ?

Having Trump on tape saying disgusting rapist things isn't important, because allegedely somebody said that Bill Clinton raped someone at some point. People are saying things, believe me.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I know you're still butthurt about Sanders but Jesus Christ, dude...

I have nothing to say about Bernie Sanders, i am responding to this individual story in particular. I'm sorry if my post seemed to go against the echo chamber and point out casual cynicism of our society, i was not trying to prop trump up in any way or absolve him of public scorn, if that needed to be clarified. I am not on trumps side, i do not support trump, i have no love for trump, and i generally hate the man's guts.

I don't understand exactly where the huge groundswell of outrage comes from. Do i have to say in clear terms that trump is scum as we've been made clear countless times for people to not understand?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I wish people would quit asking/thinking "Will this be the thing that sinks Trump".

The answer is always no. He's said or done literally hundreds of things that should sink a candidate running for president. His supporters are fanatical crazy people. He can never lose them. Problem for him is there aren't enough of them to get him elected.

Its a nonstory because it happens all the time in the life of these types.

giphy.gif

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
All i'm saying is that Presidents have done worse in the past unfortunately. And have been defended successfully.

Trump should absolutely be roasted for it, but looking from the outside, for me it just seems like par the course for these powerful parasitic types who think they can do whatever they want.

?
You're getting vilified, but I know where you are coming from. You thought this was another minor Trumpism that won't stop him.

But turn on the news. This is a big story. Trump's campaign is apparently reeling from this, figuring out what to do next. They're worried.

The anime avatar thing is because alt-right pro-Trump internet types have a reputation for using anime avatars. I guess it's the legacy of gamergate or something that so many loli-lovers support the right who won't "censor" their sexualized media or whatever.

I have nothing to say about Bernie Sanders, i am responding to this individual story in particular. I'm sorry if my post seemed to go against the echo chamber and point out casual cynicism of our society, i was not trying to prop trump up in any way or absolve him of public scorn, if that needed to be clarified.

I don't understand exactly where the huge groundswell of outrage comes from. Do i have to say in clear terms that trump is scum as we've been made clear countless times for people to not understand?

You need better words.

Your assertion that this is a nonstory is demonstrably false and in real time no less.

You personally just don't care.

Forearms

I have nothing to say about Bernie Sanders, i am responding to this individual story in particular. I'm sorry if my post seemed to go against the echo chamber and point out casual cynicism of our society, i was not trying to prop trump up in any way or absolve him of public scorn, if that needed to be clarified.

Because this will very well sink him as a candidate for the presidency. Yes, even more so than his previous comments as he's talking about committing sexual assault like it's nothing. It's no longer just misogynistic ranting.

Armaros

You did the exact opposite during the primary and tried to attack Hillsry's strength among women with bills infidelties.

We can see through you perfectly well.

Big One

Banned
I have nothing to say about Bernie Sanders, i am responding to this individual story in particular. I'm sorry if my post seemed to go against the echo chamber and point out casual cynicism of our society, i was not trying to prop trump up in any way or absolve him of public scorn, if that needed to be clarified. I am not on trumps side, i do not support trump, i have no love for trump, and i generally hate the man's guts.

The outrage comes from the man literally admitting he commits sexual assault. Yes most of us already knew he was garbage, but this story is blowing up in the media right now so no it isn't a non-story.

Regardless of how i feel about trump, its a non story. Trump is right, Bill DID a lot more than just talk, even during his term and even before that. Its nothing to do with the job description.

Does it paint Trump to be even more of a vulgar human being? Yeah sure, but we've past that point for what is "Presidentially acceptable" a long time ago.

You really need to man up, buy some preparation H, and move on from the fact that Hillary crushed your man.

Don't even try to pretend that isn't what is driving your complete irrational pettiness.

This is a terrible hill to die on.
It's an indefensible comment--there's no wiggle room because it's bad in so many ways from privilege to assault to "she's married? So what lol!"

And the But Bill spin is hilarious, because he's running.
Then again, it is the best defense a 12-year old could muster.

Piecake

Its a nonstory because it happens all the time in the life of these types.

Don't twist my words.

Just because you think it happens all the time in your imagination does not make it reality.

And even if your imagination is right and it does happen in reality, having proof of misogyny, sexual harassment, and arrogance is a super big deal. It is a big deal because it publicizing how shitty a person that he is. What hurts the candidate the most if the voters feel that their candidate does not share their values and morals and is actually immoral.

If your posts were not full of hand waving, false equivalencies and logic leaping, then maybe you wouldn't have to keep clarifying your stance?

iammeiam

Trump should absolutely be roasted for it, but looking from the outside, for me it just seems like par the course for these powerful parasitic types who think they can do whatever they want.

There is roughly zero surprising about what Trump said. Every word reads like something Donald Trimp would say.

That said, what's shocking here is less that Trump said these things to a close friend in private and more that he was so utterly blasè about trying to get a woman to cheat on her husband with him that he was willing to describe it, in detail, in front of her coworkers and then spin it off to a conversation about what a forceful player he is, all while mic'd up in a professional setting surrounded by recording material.

This isn't Donald Trump's shameful secret, buried deep and kept by few only to be exposed by shocking betrayal, this is what 60 year old Donald Trump considered to be appropriate discussion to have with relative strangers.

What sticks here isn't that he secretly has a base disregard for women and a pro-sexual harassment stance, it's that he's so comfortable with it. It's on tape. There's no spin. He doesn't have an out. He did this, didn't think it was a big deal, and that it happened can't be disputed. That's what makes it huge.

OH HELL NO I don't want Trump stepping down. That would actually give the Republicans a bit of a chance. Hate of Hillary runs deep, inexplicably. Can he step down? How does that even work? His name is still on the ballot, right? They just get the word out that "oh, you are really voting for Jeb"? That's not even legal, is it?

chadskin

After video, Huntsman says it is time for Trump to drop out
One week after explaining why he planned to vote for Donald Trump, former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman said it is time for the Republican nominee to drop out of the race and allow vice presidential nominee Mike Pence to represent the party.

His reversal came in reaction to an explosive video that emerged Friday showing Trump bragging about groping and kissing women.

"In a campaign cycle that has been nothing but a race to the bottom — at such a critical moment for our nation — and with so many who have tried to be respectful of a record primary vote, the time has come for Governor Pence to lead the ticket," Huntsman told The Salt Lake Tribune.

So it begins?

Jeffrey

So you are a writer for Clinton, how will you bring it up during the debate (if anderson or the audience don't)?

Like how do you even word this stuff without feeling like barfing?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
im going to guess this does nothing to hurt him, unfortunately.

really gross

also, i never heard of this billy bush guy before. he said something about being immature, but he was like 33 at the time lol

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I don't understand exactly where the huge groundswell of outrage comes from.

You are stating that a presidential candidate who brags about sexually assaulting women and prepares to do that on tape is non-story because it's normal for this to happen. Still don't see why the outrage?

kevin1025

Banned
I wonder if anything happens to billy bush over this

His statement may have solved something for him, since it's incredibly apologetic, but he is likely on thin ice with the Today people, and his female co-hosts and crew members may not feel comfortable in a work environment with him. So he may lose that job or be moved elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom