• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if anything happens to billy bush over this

"Earlier that evening, NBC, which currently employs Bush on Today, sent the following statement from him to media outlets including Vanity Fair: “Obviously I’m embarrassed and ashamed. It’s no excuse, but this happened eleven years ago - I was younger, less mature, and acted foolishly in playing along. I’m very sorry.” "

Oh, and he deleted his twitter account.

Strimei

OH HELL NO I don't want Trump stepping down. That would actually give the Republicans a bit of a chance. Hate of Hillary runs deep, inexplicably. Can he step down? How does that even work? His name is still on the ballot, right? They just get the word out that "oh, you are really voting for Jeb"? That's not even legal, is it?

He's already on the ballots, I don't think he can be removed at this point. Hell, early voting's already begun, even.

Also, do people really think he's going to step down? That's just not the sort of guy he is. Giving up is admitting defeat, and that would kill the shriveled rotten husk that is his soul.

FStop7

Banned
His statement may have solved something for him, since it's incredibly apologetic, but he is likely on thin ice with the Today people, and his female co-hosts and crew members may not feel comfortable in a work environment with him. So he may lose that job or be moved elsewhere.

We'll see what happens with sponsorship pressure, too.

OH HELL NO I don't want Trump stepping down. That would actually give the Republicans a bit of a chance. Hate of Hillary runs deep, inexplicably. Can he step down? How does that even work? His name is still on the ballot, right? They just get the word out that "oh, you are really voting for Jeb"? That's not even legal, is it?
Hasn't the deadline passed for candidates to get on the ballot by now? Election is in a few weeks already. Can they even still get someone else on in all states?

iammeiam

So you are a writer for Clinton, how will you bring it up during the debate (if anderson or the audience don't)?

Like how do you even word this stuff without feeling like barfing?

You have another, as yet uncovered, example of Trump being Trump in your back pocket, and then you build up to it with Machado and this tape, which he might be prepared to defend, and finish by blindsiding him with something related and different that he wasn't given any kind of direction on.

Elandyll

Banned
Its a nonstory because it happens all the time in the life of these types.

Don't twist my words.

It is not in any way shape or form a "non story".

Bill has been accused/ admitted cheating on Hillary. Back then that wasn't a non story at all to start with.

Here you have the actual candidate for the presidency (Bill isn't) who has not only committed adultery on multiple occasions, has 3 accusations of Rape on his lap, but has now been caught live on mic saying he considers women he finds attractive as up for grabs, whether married or not, and whether they want it or not, as he gropes them and relies on his status for it being "ok".

We're basically one or two shades off a Cosby, and it might encourage women to come forward more, as this is basically a smoking gun that goes way beyond the "he said she said".

We're now past allegations (of adultery, misogyny and groping) as he says it himself plainly. I can imagine more is to come.

This is possibly a beginning, not a continuation or an end. And it just shows how much of a farce this election is, that a "man" like that can even be considered for the office.

Gutek

LMAO

9mEe9hJ.png

What's the joke?

Its a nonstory because it happens all the time in the life of these types.

Don't twist my words.

I know you're banned and all, but if you are reading this you are aware that viewpoints like this is how rape culture thrives, yes?

"Oh, this kind of thing happens all the time. No big deal."

Yes, it's a fucking big deal.

mjp2417

Banned
So you are a writer for Clinton, how will you bring it up during the debate (if anderson or the audience don't)?

Like how do you even word this stuff without feeling like barfing?

She won't need to. There is zero possibility that this is not a question asked during the debate. Trump just needs to hope that it comes from Anderson Cooper and not from a woman in the audience.

Both Trump and Bill have been on flights with Loria on his plane. Not sure anyone has moral high ground over the other. They're both scumbags.

But one is running for president, the other is irrelevant.

So fuck that line of reasoning.

Even if he did drop out, that would piss off his base. Half of the GOP? They can't win. They are fucked either way.

Well we are probably nearly back to the point we were at back at the beginning of August, when people were openly wondering if dumping Trump is the only way to salvage the party.

Too late now as far as I'm concerned. They knew what they were getting into when they all lined up behind him.

Jeffrey

So from CNN, they mentioned MNBC had this tape a while ago but was still deciding on when to release it, and someone inside (or was hacked from the outside?) leaked it to the WPO.

Wonder if they had the trigger if it would had made more sense to release it tomorrow before the big republican gathering... today is probably the best timing though...
hmmm.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm actually amazed this one is blowing up. I mean Russian intelligence was helping his campaign. He was sued by the feds for racial housing discrimination. He said POWs were losers. He threatened nuclear strikes.

But this seems to be the one. I don't get it.

Xilo

As a father to a 1 year old girl, this is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard. I was going to vote for a 3rd party candidate since I was not 100% behind Hillary, but now I will most likely be voting Clinton to stop any chance of this man running the country.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Eh, there will be some saber-rattling from Republicans who never liked Trump to begin with about how he should maybe probably drop out, but he won't.
He can't. There isn't a mechanism for this to happen other than faithless electors.

It's just chatter. He's just going to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom