• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Warcraft' Movie Post-Production |OT| 20 months of...hype? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did ILM think this was a full CG movie with a stylistic art style? Because in that manner, it looks fantastic.

But then you see the live action stuff and it gets all sorts of funky.

Zackat

Is that Durotan punching Gul'dan in his face at the end too? I can't wait for the music in that Mak'gora scene. Hope they do it right.

blackflag

Did ILM think this was a full CG movie with a stylistic art style? Because in that manner, it looks fantastic.

But then you see the live action stuff and it gets all sorts of funky.

Yeah I think it looks absolutely terrible mashed together when you see orcs and humans side by side

Finaj

I hope the new trailer causes more people to gain interest. I think the film gets better looking with each new clip of footage.

bengraven

As a massive (World of) Warcraft fan, I have to admit that despite some shitty looking CGI backgrounds and makeup, I'm excited to get an actual Warcraft movie out there.

Now if someone can rescore it with...

Man, after 15 years of Jason Hayes and Russel Brower, rock music just does not fit the Warcraft aesthetic. When I think Warcraft, I think of stuff like Seasons of War.

The film's score is something I'm very interested to hear - especially if Ramin Djawadi uses themes from the games (which I'm sure he will in some capacity).

Seriously the best music ever. That makes me want to play WOW again after being forced to stop for the last couple years.

To me this is still Warcraft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlVSJ0AvZe0

Nokterian

To me as a huge Warcraft fan it looks like shit.

I cannot phantom on you can see it like it's shit Gul'dan looks on point saw few glimpses of Medivh like i said before it has still some of what makes warcraft..warcraft a bit cartoony vibe because that's what they're going for.

Loxley

Is Rob Kazinsky playing an Orc? Liked him since his days in Eastenders

Yep, Orgrim Doomhammer:

AQpah0p.jpg

FeD.nL

We still don't know who Daniel Cudmore is playing yet he's gone on record saying he was shooting Warcraft for 5 months (basically the whole shooting schedule). So his role has to be significant.

Could we be seeing the formation of the Knights of the SIlver Hand by the end of the film?

The only issues i see are Comp issues. The CGI itself looks amazing. I'm sure they are working to iron out the comp things, and render missing things (like that shot in the first trailer without shadows)

Loxley

Yo - any murlocs in this?

If we're getting Hogger and Kobold references, I feel like Murlocs are guaranteed to show up at some point, or at least be referenced.

I would expect a trailer tomorrow or Tuesday and be shown in theaters with Batman v Superman. It's just a good business move.

EDIT: Nevermind! It's today... at the Halo finals. Huh. Between this and the Overwatch thing, Blizzard seems to have a marketing deal with Microsoft.

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/711658890476150784

Awesome. I'm curious if these TV spots were ripped from the trailer or if it's something entirely new.

Finaj

Turns out the "new" trailer was just the TV spot from Instagram. Whoever is marketing for this movie needs to be fired.

Finaj

Turns out I was wrong. There was just a new TV spot shown with new footage, so they aren't -that- incompetent. There should be a new trailer in a couple of days.

Loxley

Turns out I was wrong. There was just a new TV spot shown with new footage, so they aren't -that- incompetent. There should be a new trailer in a couple of days.

Ahh, gotcha. I'm keeping an eye on the Legendary YouTube channel for when it gets posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom