• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Warcraft' Movie Post-Production |OT| 20 months of...hype? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

Stormwind lookin' good.

9zSni8X.jpg

Another shot of Gul'dan.

Loxley

I wish Stormwind was that big in the game <3

It seriously makes the in-game city look like a child's playset by comparison, which is kind of hilarious.

CMYu5W6.jpg

G2rpGJY.jpg

Stormwind has always been my favorite city/playerhub in WoW (though I have a soft spot for Darnassus), so to see it visualized on the big screen by ILM's wizardry is so damn cool. The fact that they actually kept the colored roofs to mark the different districts is icing on the cake.

Loxley

Pretty sure the
Stormwind in the game isn't the one in the movie

It if it was that big in-game it be a pain in the ass to navigate without a fast mount.

Also I think the
city's been destroyed, rebuilt, and then partially destroyed again since Warcraft 1

Oh I know, but it's pretty clear that the one in the film is taking plenty of visual queues from how it appears in WoW.

Tritroid

This might be far-fetched...but...is it possible
that a lot of the settings we're seeing take place in current day, while the actual story itself of Lothar and Durotan is a flashback?

It would explain why Dalaran is flying (which is definitely was NOT during the first war), and why Stormwind looks very similar to the way it does in-game, which would be after it's rebuilt after being destroyed during the first war.

-griffy-

Banned
G2rpGJY.jpg

Stormwind has always been my favorite city/playerhub in WoW (though I have a soft spot for Darnassus), so to see it visualized on the big screen by ILM's wizardry is so damn cool. The fact that they actually kept the colored roofs to mark the different districts is icing on the cake.
You can even see Westfall on the right side in the distance here, and the river that goes around Elwyn Forest.

Woorloog

Banned
that a lot of the settings we're seeing take place in current day, while the actual story itself of Lothar and Durotan is a flashback?

It would explain why Dalaran is flying (which is definitely was NOT during the first war), and why Stormwind looks very similar to the way it does in-game, which would be after it's rebuilt after being destroyed during the first war.

Oh, very interesting.

zeemumu

Hmm, possible.

Finaj

Still no trailer. I can see them releasing it tonight or tomorrow. If they don't, I'll be very surprised. BvS isn't getting critical acclaim, but it'll sure get people in seats.

Triz

The show Face Off on Syfy has a world of Warcraft special event tonight. Maybe there will be a full trailer?

UK folks, tickets are available to order. Got mine booked for Midnight on the 29th of May. Straight after a Hans Zimmer gig. Sweeeet.

Nokterian

He looks way better compared to that shot in the first trailer. It's almost night and day.

J32I4Tk.jpg

The original:

CjgFqIG.jpg

As expected i think what they showed first was a bit older footage since it always happens that the people who make the trailers getting still W.I.P footage.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Those two shots look identical.

The orc girl looks too human. Is she half-human?

Finaj

Those two shots look identical.

The orc girl looks too human. Is she half-human?

The green one in armor? Yes. As far as we know if the film, anyway. Even in the novels she was described as being more human-like. This is probably why she's live action rather than CGI.

Glass

Wait, its called Warcraft: The Beginning now? Urgh. And the trailers are so generic, slow them down a bit, have some decent dialogue instead of 1 line and a totally unrelated quip as follow up. Still hyped though, I think Jones has made something good, the studio is just marketing it wrong.

Finaj

Wait, its called Warcraft: The Beginning now? Urgh. And the trailers are so generic, slow them down a bit, have some decent dialogue instead of 1 line and a totally unrelated quip as follow up. Still hyped though, I think Jones has made something good, the studio is just marketing it wrong.

Only in the UK and other European countries. In America it's just Warcraft. I think it might be a copyright issue.

Ex. Zootopia is called "Zootropolis" in Europe.

Syf

Banned
I think Jones has made something good, the studio is just marketing it wrong.
Gotta agree, the marketing has been weird. Even Jones on twitter shrugged when asked about the music being used in the trailers. I hope the final theatrical trailer is slower and we don't see that damn jump-on-gryphon-with-sword scene even once, I swear it's been in every single one.

strafer

This is the first trailer/TV spot that looked intriguing to me, and its art style/CG also felt more right here.

I hope this movie ends up being fun.

I think you need to be a fan to really appreciate this movie. It's going to be interesting to see how many of the people seeing this actually know what the fuck Warcraft is.

Finaj

It was certainly made by fans, but Jones wanted the movie to be enjoyable to fans and the average movie goer. We'll see the fruit of his labor soon enough.

Walpurgis

Banned
I know that this is just about Orcs and Humans but I really want to see Ironforge in the movie. It's always been my favourite city and should have been the capital of the Alliance like Orgrimmar was for the Horde.

Syf

Banned
CG is similar if not identical but the coloring is better and I think zoomed in is a better look for that line.

Zackat

CG is similar if not identical but the coloring is better and I think zoomed in is a better look for that line.

I thought the coloring looked better in the previous TV spot as well.

Is there not going to be a trailer in front of BvS or do we not know yet?

Finaj

I thought the coloring looked better in the previous TV spot as well.

Is there not going to be a trailer in front of BvS or do we not know yet?

A couple of people from Singapore and Belgium reported seeing a new trailer in front of BvS, but no idea when the US one will come out.

Loxley

I don't know. I also don't know what other big movie coming out soon they can release a trailer with. The marketing team for Warcraft is not doing the film any favors.

It really has been a mediocre marketing campaign so far. We've still got three months until the film's release, so fingers crossed it'll improve as we get closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom