• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much. Just discussion of the art side of WF. Showed some concepts of the Corpus gas planet factory tileset as well as some concepts for a Grineer jungle tileset.

Oh! They did let slip that Ember will be the next Prime.

SaintR

Not much. Just discussion of the art side of WF. Showed some concepts of the Corpus gas planet factory tileset as well as some concepts for a Grineer jungle tileset.

Oh! They did let slip that Ember will be the next Prime.
Ah really...I'm interested in the art....not that ill be getting her....looking at you Mag Prime ;(

@ PropheV - Sent!

Also, the first airing of the Warframe Prime Time is tonight at 7PM EDT.

Join DERebecca and DEMegan on a more community and gameplay focused stream, featuring gameplay goals, prizes, fan art, and more!
www.twitch.tv/warframe

On another note, game keeps giving me T1 Void Defense keys! I need extermination ones so bad! I really need a trading or exchange system. :(

So Grineer, aka, Scott (from the livestreams) has started a "blog" of sorts on the Warframe forums. He has already made a first post, and it's filled with some goodies!

• 4 weekened events already planned, and 2 will become permanent. First one coming on the first Wednesday update
  • Arguing with Steve about damage changes (armor 2.0)
  • Work started on trading system!
    • Trading post built in Dojo
    • Trades will be like for like, meaning rare items for rare items.
    • Currently trading is locked to Mods, plus weapon and Warframe parts.
    • Blueprints and crafting materials are being considered for addition to the system but may not be in version 1.
    • Possible daily limit on number of trades
    • Planned for Update 11 (may change)
  • Work started on the next Warframe. A non-caster type female

[link]

Nice find, Metal! Thank you for saving me the shame of making a triple post as well.

Orokin Vaults inc:

DEMegan said:
m32FDbc.jpg

Tenno,

As infestation spread across the Solar System, Orokin Ships unable to make the jump to the Void locked down Vault rooms to preserve the valuable artifacts within. A number of these Orokin Vaults have been located in the Orokin Derelicts.

Are you worthy of the hidden treasures within these Vaults? New Corrupted Mods can be discovered here. It will take diligence and cooperation with your fellow Tenno.

To guarantee access to these Orokin Ships, you and your fellow Tenno will need to carry one of each of the four different Corrupted Orokin Vault Keys -- known as Dragon Keys -- into the Derelicts. Blueprints await you in the Market.

Once created, equip your Dragon Key as you would any other mission gear. Because these keys are so powerful, you can only equip one at a time. Be cautious. Each key has debilitating effects on Warframes.

When you find an Orokin Vault, only the CORRESPONDING Key will open the door. Team up with fellow Tenno, each with a different key, to guarantee your entry into the Vaults.

It won't be easy, Tenno, the rewards will not come without cost. Corrupted Mods offer great benefits but also bring negative effects and will need to be applied wisely.

Prepare by gathering your fellow Tenno to work together to ensure your success. More information will be provided tomorrow.

-The Lotus

EDIT: This is not an event. The Orokin Vaults will be a permanent addition to Warframe.

Just don't kill yourself! They seem to have a knack for always exploding when you hit something near, heh.

On another note, I've been plotting out new layouts to update our Dojo to the new grid system/tileset. I was thinking something along the lines of labs on the main floor for fast access, play areas on the top floor (dueling & course), and a basement full of reactor rooms to get them out of the way.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

OeIAt5d.jpg

PS: Sometime on Monday I'll be destroying the Labs to rebuild and convert to the grid system/new tileset. Stock up on what Dojo-tech BPs you need over the weekend!

I've been plotting out new layouts to update our Dojo to the new grid system/tileset. I was thinking something along the lines of labs on the main floor for fast access, play areas on the top floor (dueling & course), and a basement full of reactor rooms to get them out of the way.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

PlpWbKm.png

Kioshen

@ArtistDude

Thx. It was kinda obvious in retrospec hehe.

I like open betas. You get gifts like what happened during lunch hour.

* Get alert for golden potato on a 66 defense grineer
* Rally co-workers on it
* Start mission, Lotus tells us we need to disable reactor ... lol wut
* Ghost town of a desert map with no enemies spawn whatsoever
* Destroy reactor, get extraction still no enemy spawn nor manta rays
* ??????
* Fastest and easiest 15k + gold potato blueprint ever

Bonus points for witnessing 6 DE accounts in global chat lol.

Raxum

The T junction that goes to duelling, would that be more useful as a +, or are there some constraints that make that not work?

Other than that, seems good, hopefully I will be able to make my way around without getting so lost this time!

Having played around in my own clan, I would say the size of the obstacle course would be the reason for the T instead of the +. The Obstacle Course is absolutely huge.

Also, I haven't been on much lately because of the Terraria update that came out, and now there's the full release of PoE, but I really need to catch up on things in Warframe. I haven't even gotten to see the Orokin vaults yet...

Obstacle course is so massive, that a + hallway there would lead to a dead end.

Hopefully no one will get lost with this haha. Main floor is the business, top floor for fun, and basement for the rooms that no one ever needs to enter.

Over 2 months later and the labs and elevators in the Dojo are still the old tileset...

I think I'll put the upstairs and downstairs on hold until the elevator gets redone. Soooo! We're only going to have the labs for a while. sorry.

metalshade

Personally, I want to back the Grineer, just to save the Tenno (I'm nice like that.)

But it is interesting to keep in mind that the new Berserker Warframe is a result of Alad V's experiments on Warframes, raising the idea that if we let the frames fall into his hands, there may be a tech reward for us, but also, the Corpus may be become much stronger as a result of his work.

Post who you want to back and why?

Scratch that, after hearing the in game voice overs from Alad and Ruk, I have decided to support the Corpus!
Ruk seems to be a more dangerous opponent, and Alad has convinced me that if I were to support Ruk, he cannot be trusted.
So Alad gets my sword!
Death to the Grineer.
Sorry to the Tenno that lose their lives.

Just like you Metal. Also, fighting more grineers is okay. I just hate fighting corpus.

Edit : sorry metal, torque and Nox my Internet broke down and it's not coming back. I hope you succeed this T3 defense...

I feel like if you fight with the grineer it would give you some amazing firepower, on the other hand the corpus would give cool energy weapons and etc.

MightyKAC

As much as I'd love to score me some space-age tech, I really just can't see myself fighting on the side of the Corpus.

Also on a separate note, I get the feeling no one really wants the Corpus to win this thing. None of the forums I read show anyone that wants to side with them, no matter how cool the rewards are.

metalshade

Update 10.5.0: The Gradivus Dilemma

THE GRADIVUS DILEMMA

Intel shows a growing conflict that will begin on Gradivus in Mars. Expect it to spread. The Grineer are planning an operation against the Corpus lead by Sargas Ruk. Alad V of the Corpus has discovered a cache of Tenno in cryosleep and intends on exploiting them for his secret weapons project. The Grineer are outraged at this contract violation. They are using this as an excuse to invade Corpus space, enslave the local population, and grow their power. The Lotus is your guide but not your conscience. You will have to choose which side to support:
Choose Loyalty, and side with the Grineer to destroy Corpus forces and free your kin. Choose Sacrifice, siding with Corpus to halt the Grineer conquest and enslavement of colonies.
Both sides have reached out to the Lotus with reward offers for each contested location as well as rewards for the conflict as a whole.

BATTLE PAY

Both sides will offer payment for supporting them in a particular contested location in Mars. Selecting a conflict location will present a choice of sides and their respective battle pay. Your battle pay is only given after the location conflict is resolved regardless of which side ultimately wins the location. You will need to commit to a side to earn this Battle Pay by completing 5 missions to prove your support. If you switch sides, you will erode your rating with the opposition and risk getting neither reward. Keep in mind that end-of-mission rewards are unaffected, Battle Pay will be sent to your inbox only when the location conflict ends.

END OF EVENT REWARDS

7MYSXLL.jpg

When both sides have exhausted themselves in this conflict you will be rewarded based on two factors: your participation and if you supported the winning side.

TIER ONE REWARDS - Complete 5 missions, regardless of victor.
IF you supported Corpus (more missions on their side than against) an elegant Corpus-branded event badge to show off your support for the enigmatic Corpus.
IF you supported Grineer (more missions on their side than against) a proud Grineer-branded event badge to show off your support of the mighty Grineer.

TIER TWO REWARDS - Complete 25 missions of any side, with the reward determined by the victor.
IF the Corpus win: A deadly Vandal edition of the PROVA. Stun your friends in style. This weapon is super-charged and comes with a weapon slot!
IF the GRINEER win: A Wraith edition MACHETTE starving for blood. This weapon is super-charged and comes with a weapon slot!

TIER THREE - Complete 100 missions, with the reward determined by two factors: the victorious side AND if you supported them (you did more missions for them, than against them).
IF the Corpus win:
And you supported them: The ferocious DETRON hand-cannon. The Detron will be super-charged along with a new weapon slot!
You did not support them: A DETRON blueprint, reverse-engineered by the Lotus.
IF the Grineer win:
And you supported them: The semi-automatic BRAKK hand-cannon. It comes super-charged and with a weapon slot included!
You did not support them: A BRAKK blueprint stolen from a Grineer datacenter.

CLANS LEADERBOARD / TROPHIES - Leaderboard position is based on the sum total of which faction your Clan is supporting.
The top three clans in each tier will receive a Faction-specific trophy in Gold, Silver and Bronze form based on their position on the leaderboards for which faction they support.
Your clan's score requires a commitment: each member's faction rating will erode the clan's opposing faction's rating. If one member does 100 Corpus missions and another does 100 Grineer missions, they will cancel each other out and your standing will be zero with both. Coordinate.
Go to Mars to participate in “The Gradivus Dilemma”!

Update 10.5.0 Notes:

ADDITIONS:

Day of the Dead weapon skins pack.
Halloween color picker added!
Team Totem consumables now available for purchase in 10-pack quantities with reusable Blueprints.

CHANGES:

Soma Mastery Rank increased from 3 to 6.
Made it easier to revive fallen Tenno (facing angle no longer matters).
Swapped Skyresh & Stickney mission types to moves survival off the main path in Phobos
Oft-requested “separate DOF/Motion Blur” options is now live. These are separate options now.
Resized Survival reward popup for easier reading.
Added unique names and descriptions for differing Infested Crawlers.
Boar Prime energy colour is now tint-able.
Weapons affected by sound-dampening mods are a little louder now by request.
Camera faces in player direction when starting a Conclave match.
Corpus Outpost - Large circular doors now behave like all other doors in the game and do not automatically close.
Corrupted Heavy Caliber mod now works with Acrid.
Corrupted Mod “Magnum Force” changed from Damage/Recoil to Damage/Accuracy trade-off.
Prime gear rewards added to 5m, 10m, and 20+ min tiers in Void Survival missions.
Optimizations made to ambient sounds on Grineer Galleon and Grineer Settlement.
Standardized conclave requirements at lower levels in mission decks and powersuit ability rebalance for lower conclave levels.
Lotus HUD beeps and text typing sounds now mute when user lowers volume of Lotus
Turned non-player Soma down.
Stun/Knockdown mods value decreased in conclaves.
Rage mod value increased to upper tier conclaves (200 to 500)
Increased damage resistance for all Warframes in conclave. (10% to 15%)
New skybox added to Corpus ship levels.
New sound for Frost’s Snowglobe ability.

FIXES:
Fixed a crash that could happen if you did a charged melee attack with Dual Ichor on a downed enemy.
Fixed some enemy AI navigation issues.
Fixed ragdolls affected by weapons and abilities so they function consistently between host and client.
Fixed healing ancient from emitting healing pulses while ragdolled (pulses would look like they were coming from the wrong spot).
Fixed broken firing animations for Bow weapons.
Fixed nightmare Assassination missions giving only the nightmare reward, and not the boss reward.
Fixed the Survival mission issue of life support bar appearing at 0% for a few seconds before life support is deactivated.
Fixed many possible bad cases happening when doing multiple vault runs (loss of player functionality, potential crash, debuff applied to wrong player, debuff fx applied to non-debuffed player, etc).
Fixed various reported map issues across all art sets (navigation, broken geometry, etc.)
Fixed Survival rewards that were doubling up on the 5 minute reward.
Fixed revive context action from appearing in Conclave duels.
Fixed Ash’s Bladestorm ability that would sometimes ignore enemies who are standing right beside the initial target.
Fixed duration of Nova’s Molecular Prime in Conclave duels (lowered to 5 seconds).
Fixed Arsenal UI that would not update accuracy values when equipping mods that change accuracy.
Fixed Lotus enemy alert notifications from happening too often.
Fixed some layout issues in multiple Conclave maps.
Fixed issue where destroying a Loki Decoy or Saryn Moult avatar would award players a kill in Conclave duels.
Fixed Vauban’s Bounce ability that caused friendly AI to play perpetual falling animation.
Fixed some reported issues related to malfunctioning loot containers.
NOTE: Host Migration has been disabled for the event mission type until further notice, it will be hotfixed ASAP.

Kioshen

I'll do missions where the reward is more interesting to me but in the end I'll make sure to have more grineer mission than corpus. Grineer are easier to kill with big fat heads to target along with that weird squishy sound they do. I also don't like knowing that some other warframes have been tampered with. Although we might get an official new faction with the stalker as their leader.

Edit: Changelog comments

Soma Mastery Rank increased from 3 to 6. - Considering the firepower it has. I'm ok with it.
Corrupted Heavy Caliber mod now works with Acrid. - I'm sorry but why buff the best side weapon in the game even more ?
Prime gear rewards added to 5m, 10m, and 20+ min tiers in Void Survival missions. - Nice change but I've gotten 4 Power throws out of two 25mins survivals ... oh RNG god why have I angered you I only want Continuity >_<

I'll do missions where the reward is more interesting to me but in the end I'll make sure to have more grineer mission than corpus. Grineer are easier to kill with big fat heads to target along with that weird squishy sound they do. I also don't like knowing that some other warframes have been tampered with. Although we might get an official new faction with the stalker as their leader.

Edit: Changelog comments

High Caliber is for Rifle. Why is it now working with Acrid, a pistol ? Did they meant Magnum Force, it's pistol counter part ?

Kioshen

High Caliber is for Rifle. Why is it now working with Acrid, a pistol ? Did they meant Magnum Force, it's pistol counter part ?

That's also why it's puzzling to me. I'm still waiting for the research to finish for the acrid in my ghost clan so I can't test it but I'd assume that's what they meant.

Edit:

As for the current event ... the corpus really need to open up their wallet if they want to win this. Vauban helmet is a start (of course i'm missing the systems blueprint not the helmet *grumble*) but this is looking one sided and silly at this point.

Yeah... The rewards coming from the Corpus has been awful. No wonder the Grineer is winning.

5 Fieldrons from Grineer vs 100k credits from Corpus... Can't even buy and craft all those things with 100k.

Another thing I don't like is that if the Grineer win, colonies will be enslaved. But since the colonies are an invisible part of this game, everyone will sympathize with the Tenno and fight against the Corpus. In my mind the Corpus are the lesser evil, sacrifice the few for the many!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom