• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm I the process of crafting my first new warframe (rhino). 72hrs is a long ass craft.

Then I need to start working towards a mag, think ill get carrier first, I've already found a vacuum mod.

Once I start using the frame am I gonna have to go back a couple planets? Is it just like starting over since my frame will be lvl 1 again?

Is the next update supposed to come with the launch of the PS4 version? I'm still looking for a GAF clan invite.

It is indeed a long ass craft time! With a new frame, you won't be able to take hits that well in higher areas of course, but your weapons should be able carry you. What I usually do is run one Mercury mission anyways to get 1 or 2 levels so I can equip a mod or two.

I don't know about an update with the PS4's launch. We'll probably find out something in today's livestream (which is in a few hours).

Sorry it's taking a while to get a clan invite sent your way!

Forget U11, gibe Rhino Prime pls

Also, I am so looking forward to getting a Berserker, slapping on a Furax and going to town. I love punching things.

BPoole

I'm I the process of crafting my first new warframe (rhino). 72hrs is a long ass craft.

Then I need to start working towards a mag, think ill get carrier first, I've already found a vacuum mod.

Once I start using the frame am I gonna have to go back a couple planets? Is it just like starting over since my frame will be lvl 1 again?

Is the next update supposed to come with the launch of the PS4 version? I'm still looking for a GAF clan invite.
Go for Mag Prime instead of regular Mag. I have tons of Void Survivals so I can give you a few runs for the parts. My in-game name is the same as my GAF name. I won't be on until tomorrow night thoufh.

Once you get new frames, it's best to play against infested since you can use your ability to avoid getting hit, whereas you can't avoid getting shot against higher level grineer or corpus. When you're leveling weapons, use a better frame with stronger offensive powers to compensate for lack of firepower

Ketch

Thanks for the advice. I'll look for you in game.

I think right now my plan is to max out rhino with iron skin or whatever and stomp. I've already got orthos with max reach and max charge speed, but I'm gonna add crit chance and atk speed I think, maybe crit damage... not sure. Then I want to get a burston for long range and maybe the throwing stars or something else that's cool for a secondary.

I wouldn't do anything too high lvl but rhino can take on anything.

Ketch

There's an alert right now for an orokin catalyst blueprint, in a mobile defense mission that is way to hard for me... maybe there's someone available to help?

Mikey Jr.

Is it ok for PS4 players to post in here?

Anyways, I am loving this game so far. Do we have a clan? Also, couldn't find an answer, but are PS4 and PC players playing together or not?

Is it ok for PS4 players to post in here?

Anyways, I am loving this game so far. Do we have a clan? Also, couldn't find an answer, but are PS4 and PC players playing together or not?

NO! GO AWAY! :p

There's a PC clan, but I don't know about PS4. As far as cross platforming, not currently.

DE_Steve said:
Cross-platform Play:
Currently cross platform play is a go but likely not for Day 1, expect this sometime during launch window. The two platforms will cross-play only when build versions are in sync.

Hyun Sai

I started this game a few days ago.

Currently level 22 with Mag.

I bought the Braton, the Aklato, and currently forging Dual Ether. I spent 20 of the 50 platinum on a warframe slot. Just unlocked Jupiter.

Any advice on what I may be doing wrong and what may be good for later ?

Thanks !

------------
Game ID : Hyunsai

I bought the Braton, the Aklato, and currently forging Dual Ether. I spent 20 of the 50 platinum on a warframe slot. Just unlocked Jupiter.

Thanks !

------------

Doing everything right so far, also i would spend the rest on weapon slots.

KarmaCow

Can I get an invite to the clan?

ID: KarmaCow

I've been playing a lot recently, though I am starting to hit the grind and it's wearing me out.

Ketch

Cool to see some other new people starting up. Means more people my level to play with.

My rhino finally finished crafting, and I've got him up to level 17 already. Got my mag and some kunai crafting in the foundry now.

Played some T2 survival and an earth nightmare mission with GAF Clan brothers. Was so much fun that I bit the bullet and dropped 5 bucks on some plat so I could get a fancy scarf and sport the GAF emblem (which looks fricken awesome btw! props to whoever designed that)

The rhino is a ton of fun, iron skin is great and stomp is so bad ass. I plan on going something like iron skin, stomp, roar with +ability strength and +power efficiency mods.

Also, my orthos is now maxed and I really want to get the orokin catalyst to make it 60 energy instead of 30, but I'm not sure how to make that happen.

I've been playing since the closed beta and have several hundreds of hours logged... I'm at the point where there's nothing left for me to do except level Mastery. Waiting for new content to be released before I completely burn myself out, haha!

Hyun Sai

Who is sending the clan invite by the way ? Do we receive a message in the contact panel ?

By the way, are the tiers 1 Void mission solotable ? Thanks.

Ok. I'm getting back in to this a bit. I have an Exaclibur at about lvl 18. About how soon should I expect to get my first sentinel?

EDIT: If I could get a GAF clan invite that would be cool. Username: ikillpxls

Kioshen

By the way, are the tiers 1 Void mission solotable ? Thanks.

As always it depends on the equipment that you bring to the mission. If Lephantis can be done solo then yes T1 voids are too. IIRC enemies are in the 25-45 range levels in T1 so if you can solo a mission in that range in the normal planets you have good chances.

I'd say try it because void keys are only used when successfully completed. If you wipe out then just forfeit and make adjustment to your gear.

Mrcapcom

Ok so im super new to this game I had a couple questions.

Whats the number 1 on the top left when your on the universe map and ur warframe is sitting down. Its like a pic of your profile or w/e and it says 1.

How do you find more warframes? I know I need blueprints etc but i guess I'm not sure exactly where to go since I just started I have been completing missions as they open up.

Should I be always fusing cards? It seems I rarely get any cards other than the common ones. Should I be going back and doing the same missions or w/e

What makes a enemy drop a card?

Thanks in advance. I finally brought a blue print but the item I need i think is on eris or earth and of course its locked smh I think it was the Shotgun Pistol. Oh and I'm playing on PS4 add me PSN= MrCapcom

Kioshen

Ok so im super new to this game I had a couple questions.

Welcome !

Whats the number 1 on the top left when your on the universe map and ur warframe is sitting down. Its like a pic of your profile or w/e and it says 1.

This is your Mastery Rank. When a weapon or warframe level up, you get mastery points that goes toward this bar. Once you fill that bar, you can pass a mini mission that promotes you to the next rank. Certain weapons requires a minimum level in mastery rank before they can be used like the Ignis (lv4), Soma (lv6) or Acrid (lv7). At this point in time in the game, mastery rank 8 is required to have access to every weapon but you can get up to level 12 (near 13) but is mostly for show.

How do you find more warframes? I know I need blueprints etc but i guess I'm not sure exactly where to go since I just started I have been completing missions as they open up.

In general, you can get warframe parts from bosses. They simplified this recently so you will always get a random part by beating a boss. Specific boss drop parts for a specific warframe. Like say the boss of Venus only drop warframe parts for Rhino. The only exceptions are :

• Banshee : Only available from mission rewards and specific ones at that
  • Vauban : Only available from alert missions and they don't come often
  • Nekros : Only available from Lephantis which you need Golem Nav coordinates that you can only get from Orokin derelicts
  • Prime warframes : Only available from specific void missions which requires void keys

Of course you can always bypass stuff by getting platinum but that's about it.

Should I be always fusing cards? It seems I rarely get any cards other than the common ones. Should I be going back and doing the same missions or w/e

Yes you should be fusing cards to level their power levels. Here's a short summary of what you need to know for fusing :

• To raise the level of a mod you always require double the amount of the level before it
  • The fusing value of a card goes like this :
  • Same card = 100%
  • Same polarity = 50%
  • Anything else = 25%
  • The higher the rarity the higher value it will have in the fusing process i.e. common < uncommon < rare
  • The higher level it has the better it will give in the fusing process but it's waste of money to prefuse card before using it
  • Mods drops from specific locations, enemies or bosses

What makes a enemy drop a card?

Warframe has a god and it's the random number generator. Every time an enemy dies it initiate a drop roll that will give you loot depending on the outcome. Of course, there's rarity involved so even if say the Grineer Napalm can drop Rage, he will more chances to drop a fusion core when he drops a mod. The only warframe that can force another drop roll from a fallen enemy at the moment is Nekros with his desecrate ability and if an enemy has already dropped a mod it won't drop another one even with desecrate.

Thanks in advance. I finally brought a blue print but the item I need i think is on eris or earth and of course its locked smh I think it was the Shotgun Pistol. Oh and I'm playing on PS4 add me PSN= MrCapcom

Good luck and have fun ! Don't waste platinum on revives. Ever. If you have other questions don't hesitate to ask but have a look at the comprehensive community wiki because DE can't be bothered to explain the game properly.

Eternia

The rhino is a ton of fun, iron skin is great and stomp is so bad ass. I plan on going something like iron skin, stomp, roar with +ability strength and +power efficiency mods.

Also, my orthos is now maxed and I really want to get the orokin catalyst to make it 60 energy instead of 30, but I'm not sure how to make that happen.
I do agree, Rhinos are fun. My go to warframe for leveling up weapons too.

Ketch

I do agree, Rhinos are fun. My go to warframe for leveling up weapons too.

Speaking of leveling weapons, do you have to get kills with the weapon? Or does it just make it faster?

And does any have tips for which mods I should use with kunai?

Kioshen

Speaking of leveling weapons, do you have to get kills with the weapon? Or does it just make it faster?

Get a kill with weapon : 50% affinity goes to weapon, 50% to frame
Be in the vicinity when somebody gets a kill : 25% across the board (frame, main, sub, melee)
Get a kill with frame power : 100% to frame (Nova am cry)

And does any have tips for which mods I should use with kunai?

Fire rate, buff basic damage, add elemental then bigger ammo clip if still space left mostly in that order. Lethal Torrent gives this weapon a nice boost.

Ketch

So should I not put armor penetration on the kunai? the wiki says it's damage bypasses armor on most enemy types... so i guess that means armor pen is a waste?

Eternia

So should I not put armor penetration on the kunai? the wiki says it's damage bypasses armor on most enemy types... so i guess that means armor pen is a waste?
I believe No Return should be fine to add. Those innate attributes on weapons don't negate mod effects. Treat them as additional damage modifiers.

My loadout for my Despair (similar weapon) has Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Hornet Strike, Ice Storm, No Return, and some other elementals. Quick Draw and Gunslinger are also options.

Kioshen

Believe it or not but Armor Penetration is considered an elemental damage just like Fire or Lightning so yes you should equip armor pen on it when facing Grineer or if you want to do headshots on non robot Corpus. Armor ignore weapons just scale better at the high end especially versus Grineer Heavy types because no matter how much armor they get you will do full damage in addition to bonus damage because of armor penetration.

As a general guideline here's what I do :

Grineer : Armor Penetration > Lightning for longer stun lock = Freeze for heavy shields
Corpus : Lightning >> Armor Penetration for bonus damage on cone heads = Freeze for heavy shields because of shield osprey stacking
Infested : Fire >>> Armor Penetration to do head shots on ancients instead of awkward limb shots

For a more detailed explanation as to why, have a look at the wonderful charts over at the wiki. Of course, this all goes to hell when Armor 2.0 comes along and you will have to be extra careful on which elements you stack up. Brain dead rainbow builds will get you nowhere after that but you won't have to worry about that for now.

Einbroch

Banned
I love the idea of the different types of damage. Will really allow freedom when balancing and creating new weapons.

I'm super excited for Damage 2.0, and I just started playing!

Type-Zero

I have a question, I just started the game and have looked online. It seems everyone generally everyone recommends or has a pocket Rhino in there Frame Slot. I know how useful he is but is it necessary to make him? I feel I would like to save that one slot for another Frame I'm interested in. Is there any alternatives to Rhino? I am considering Saryn but I really don't know.

Ketch

I don't think rhino is required, it just makes it a bit easier to move up from your starter frame. So if there's something out there you're interested in, go for it... but you might find out that the amount of work needed to get the frame you want would be easier with a rhino? maybe, I don't know... I'm still really knew aswell.

Has new footage of the Beserker Warframe
Awesome stuff!

I have a question, I just started the game and have looked online. It seems everyone generally everyone recommends or has a pocket Rhino in there Frame Slot. I know how useful he is but is it necessary to make him? I feel I would like to save that one slot for another Frame I'm interested in. Is there any alternatives to Rhino? I am considering Saryn but I really don't know.
Well, you can get a Rhino early on at Venus, and he's pretty darn versatile and fun. But, honestly, go for whatever frame you're interested in! They're all great fun in their own ways :)

Type-Zero

Awesome stuff!

Well, you can get a Rhino early on at Venus, and he's pretty darn versatile and fun. But, honestly, go for whatever frame you're interested in! They're all great fun in their own ways :)

Alright I appreciate the info. The reason I asked was really because I only have two slots out three available. Unfortunately, in a good way I will get Ash and hopefully the new Berserker frame. So Rhino would have left me a slot short. I guess what I should have asked is how useful is Rhino, like how much more work will be needed without him. I picked Loki as my starter and those hitscan moves just rape him no matter how ninja like I am

Oh man, I have a lot of fun with Loki. Best thing to do with him is get a fast melee and just spam going invisible. When you invis, all your melee attacks become crits, and you get a chance for red crits which is like double crits, lol.

Oh man, I have a lot of fun with Loki. Best thing to do with him is get a fast melee and just spam going invisible. When you invis, all your melee attacks become crits, and you get a chance for red crits which is like double crits, lol.

I always switch teleport with people just for the fun of it.

Ketch

So is the GAF clan still active? I'd love an invite if so (username=ikillpxls).

I'm online pretty much everyday, and theres three or four others who show up semi regularly. Last weekend we did like half a dozen runs together, which was pretty fun. There's also bunch of other new people waiting for invites, so we should be getting more active very soon.

This goes for everyone waiting to get into the clan:
My in game name is space_ketch, shoot me a friend invite. We can group up and do stuff even if you haven't gotten an invite yet.

Artist, or someone, give me (or one of the other guys who are online a lot) the power to invite people and we'll make shit happen!

Thanks !

------------

Could I get a clan invite?

ID: lastbeforefirst

Can I get an invite to the clan?

ID: KarmaCow

I've been playing a lot recently, though I am starting to hit the grind and it's wearing me out.

Ok. I'm getting back in to this a bit. I have an Exaclibur at about lvl 18. About how soon should I expect to get my first sentinel?

EDIT: If I could get a GAF clan invite that would be cool. Username: ikillpxls

Oh my glob. I'm so sorry. I thought y'all were getting invites because I've told out clan's Sages on multiple occasions they can invite to the clan. Guess they're quick to forget :p

Invites have been sent, Ketch has been promoted to Sage, and again, apologies for the belated invites.

If I've missed anyone, please give a holler.

Ketch

So I think they just announce the release of update 11 in game.

Everyone got some slightly humorous red text about the new systems being added, then they said it was going live now, and now I can't log in.

Nothing on the site yet though.... weird way to release an update if that is indeed what's happening.

Edit: Seriously, I think U11 is happening right now

edit 2: it is definitely happening right now.

u11.png

metalshade

So I think they just announce the release of update 11 in game.

Everyone got some slightly humorous red text about the new systems being added, then they said it was going live now, and now I can't log in.

Nothing on the site yet though.... weird way to release an update if that is indeed what's happening.

I just tried, cant login either.
Warframe.com is also down lol.
Man I am looking forward to getting back in to this with you guys, I best go check if Saavedro is awake, get him to reinstall!
YO CONDUCTOR! GET THIS TRAIN ROLLING!

EDIT, start your launchers guys, U11 is live. 625MB.

Tried playing this on PS4, its really fun. The only problem I have is how poorly optimized controls are. I attribute this to it being a 'beta' game originally on PC. The Aim assist on PS4 is insane, and buggy. You have to turn it off because it goes insane when you try to target flying enemies in a group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom