• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
Anyone else have the problem where the game just stays at the black screen when starting up? This is my first time playing on my new comp, and it just stays black after I press play. I have to alt+tab out to exit, but when I'm back at the desktop and with the game minimized, the music starts going.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Anyone? I tried everything. I uninstalled it and tried verifying the game cache, but still nothing.

Raide

Just a small tip for anyone newly starting. Play Online if at all possible. Not only do you get more stuff, you have a better chance of progressing through the maps. You can online the first few planets just to collect up materials for your first few blueprint items (If you have some)

Ketch

So, I think I'm starting to feel a little burnout out with the game.

It's really good, I do like it, but I don't know how many more times I can level up. If 11.5 doesn't come out like this week I'll probably end up taking a break for a bit.

Kioshen

Finally been able to max my Serration mod. *achievement unlocked* 2.9 million mod rating w00t.

Now about that hornet strike ... *sigh*

Also, keep an eye on Artistdude, he has been slipping away to play minecraft, the heretic!
Lies and slander!
Oh god help me, I'm addicted to it again :(

So, I think I'm starting to feel a little burnout out with the game.
It's good to take breaks! I'm with you though. Unless they have a megahuge content update, I doubt I'll ever be on all the time like I use to. Now Warframe is just my casual game to pop into and feel like a badass doing some good old fashion space ninja-ness.

Finally been able to max my Serration mod. *achievement unlocked* 2.9 million mod rating w00t.

Now about that hornet strike ... *sigh*
Hell yeah! Grats! Those last 2 fusion ranks are a doozy.

Raide

Purchased the Loki frame now I have hit 20 on my other 2 frames. I like the idea of playing more with stealth, so Loki seems like fun so far!

Logged in today and saw I had platinum missing...

I never used my default amount so thats all it was but still. Submitted a help ticket on the site about it since its pretty annoying to see that happen, even if I never planned to use it. Its the principle of it all :p

Raide

Phew! After some grinding I have a Cernos and Grakata building. Need to save some more credits so I can get the Nyx frame built. Would like to get the Rhino or Trinity bits. Head on one and chest on the other, then I could built them. Need more slots I think.

Started to hit a bit of a wall and I put it down to not having good enough weapons. Was getting hard to solo some stuff that I should have been fine level for. Also need to learn about modding weapons for what I fight. :D

DE ninja updated to 11.5 tonight!

CBKMslc.jpg

Event info!

DERebecca said:
- New Warframe: OBERON – the Paladin Warframe!
- New Forest Tile set reveal! Within the Cicero Crisis Event node on Earth is a first look at the new Forest tileset!
- Corpus Gas City Expansion.
- New primary weapon: Karak, a Grineer rifle!
- New secondary weapon: The Stug, a Grineer goo-gun!
- New melee weapon: The Magistar, a Tenno mace!
- New Infested Whip: now in Clan Research!
- Burston Prime! The Void’s influence has further permeated the Orokin Derelicts… bringing loot with it! Visit The Orokin Derelict Survival missions today to find the Burston Prime!
- The Void’s influence is still strong on the Orokin Derelicts – and some Prime items have a new home. You can now search Orokin Derelict Defenses for the Sicarus Prime BP, Ember Prime BP, and Boar Prime Receiver!
- Forest Weapon Skin pack!
- Ho-ho-ho! Candy Cane Scythe skin & other holiday goodies! Look around, Tenno!
- Network optimizations for melee and beam weapons added!
- Added and replaced old Lotus lines (thanks for letting us know in the forums!)

Full list with fixes and changes here!

Raide

Always nice to see new content!

Not really done any event stuff that gives goodies, so hopefully GAF can run a few!

Ketch

So we did a bunch of runs through the new event. It's pretty neat. Kind like a collectathon, but it's got some good rewards so I aint complaining. I'm suspecting that this type of thing will get added as a new mission type in the future.

Gonna put this here for ease of reference:
on completing each mission, all Tenno in your Squad will receive the same point score. This score is determined by the rarity of anti-toxins used in the mission:
Common anti-toxin = 10 points
Uncommon anti-toxin = 15 points
Rare anti-toxin = 25 points

To achieve a 100 point score, all four Tenno in your Squad must bring a Rare anti-toxin worth 25 points each, and successfully defend the Cicero Toxin injector.

REWARDS
- Score 10 points and you will receive an Event Badge.
- Score 50 points and you will receive a set of 4x Dual Stat Mods (Status chance + Toxic Damage).
- Score 100 points and you will earn a set of Twin Wraith Vipers!
- A Gold, Silver and Bronze Clan Statue will be distributed to the top three Clans in each Clan Tier.

So we need to identify the rare antitoxins, and then do a guild a run... When Torque wrench and I did it, I used topaz and he used amathyst, we got 25 points. It was not wave based defense, it was like a mobile defense. It wasn't super easy, but I was on an underleveled frame. I imagine that the stronger the anti toxin you put in, the harder the defense will be. So if we go for a full 100 we'll need to bring our A game (also it's VS. grineer and their armor is a bitch now.)

MightyKAC

So I took a trip to the clan dojo and dropped some loving on the new Infested whip research resource pool. All we need now is a about 172 more Mutagen samples and we're there.

MASSIVE sale on platinum taking place at Amazon right now. Look up Warframe Fracture pack and it'll get you there. 66% off the three "packs" (Fracture, Shatter, Splinter) that give you plat, money, modpacks, and boosters.

Hah, I just shouted out "Imma buy me ALL the potatoes!" to which my GF came over and went "Why are you so excited about potatoes, and why are you buying them on Amazon?"

MASSIVE sale on platinum taking place at Amazon right now. Look up Warframe Fracture pack and it'll get you there. 66% off the three "packs" (Fracture, Shatter, Splinter) that give you plat, money, modpacks, and boosters.
Not going to lie. I'm probably going to get that $99 pack for $33. That's a little too good to pass up.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm still using the Excalibur frame. I'm at lvl 8 now, but I'm thinking of making a change. What's a good frame to go to? I like the all-around approach the Excalibur has, but I can go for something that does a bit more melee damage.

sophora

I'm still using the Excalibur frame. I'm at lvl 8 now, but I'm thinking of making a change. What's a good frame to go to? I like the all-around approach the Excalibur has, but I can go for something that does a bit more melee damage.

If you want more general-use warframe I'd go for Rhino next. He's a great tank with his Iron skin since it makes him impervious to poison and knock-downs and can supress groups in the air with his Stomp. Only downside is that he's slow without his Vanguard helmet and Sprint mods. He's farmable from Jackal on Venus, so it should be open I'd think for you.

Ketch

You should honestly max out exacalibur before moving on. He makes for a pretty good melee frame. Slash dash is an absolutely amazing first skill, and apparently radial blind causes enemies to take additional melee damage. Slap on focus, continuity and stretch mods to make slash dash longer, wider, and more powerful as well as making radial blind last longer and affect more dudes. slash dash into a group, then radial blind and slice anyone still standing, and if you get in trouble pop the ulti and kill everything anyway.

Alternatively, if you're really looking for a strictly melee focused frame pick up Ash, Loki, or Rhino. Any of them have a skill set that allow you to just stand there and wack away at dudes with out having to worry too much.

Farmed all the parts and I've begun building the components to Oberon! Have a Nyx in the oven as well since I had everything for it. Now I'm just waiting for that Invasion to finish so I can collect my 3 Ocell battlepay. It's been like 3 days now. Finish damnit!

Also bit on that Amazon pack. Got some pretty good rare cards out of it too.

Raide

Any tips for some Credit farming? I tend to find things I want to make and never quite have enough credits to make all the stuff I want/need. :D

Void keys you get from regular defense and survival missions. Survival missions guarantee a Void key at the 15 minute mark. This is where you get prime gear, Formas, and lots of credits.

The Orokin Derelict keys are the ones you craft. They are over run with Infested and is the only place for Mutagen Samples. Also home of the Orokin Vaults.

Jaeger

A little off tangent, but I've been sitting here for weeks now designing my own Warframe, that I will post eventually on the official forums (and here), with the hopes DE will take notice, and help me put it in the game. lol

They actually pay close attention to what is happening on the forums from what I've been seeing.

Just being overly hopeful, though. lol

Anyone have any tips for bows? I have the Cernos but it does pretty pitiful damage especially compared to it's rate of fire in actual practice. Even when I charge shots they don't seem to hit as hard as you'd think. I have it modded for and only use it against Corpus (it's only lvl 9 though so there's not much on it). Am I missing it's true utility somehow.

Kioshen

Any tips for some Credit farming? I tend to find things I want to make and never quite have enough credits to make all the stuff I want/need. :D

Do infested missions that gives money. Infested are pushovers most of the time and it's pretty quick to do 3 missions for 45k. Quicker than finding and doing T3 void missions at the moment (for me).

Anyone have any tips for bows? I have the Cernos but it does pretty pitiful damage especially compared to it's rate of fire in actual practice. Even when I charge shots they don't seem to hit as hard as you'd think. I have it modded for and only use it against Corpus (it's only lvl 9 though so there's not much on it). Am I missing it's true utility somehow.

Bows are tricky now because the Paris was armor ignore but that doesn't exist anymore. The Cernos I've had trouble squeezing damage out of it honestly. It's one of those weapons that only gets good after a ton of mods on it. Charge your arrows as fast as you can and aim for the head.

Iku-Turso

I have 11 void keys, never used one, too afraid to do it alone. Maybe some people from the clan would like to go there with me ?

hoggert

That Amazon deal is super tempting even with the 400 plat I have left over from being a Founder.

Also, anyone else feel this new event is kinda shit? I'm probably just going to farm a lapis, do a 100 run, and never scan another plant again. It was nice change of pace until I realized the plants were just hidden plain sight, etc. I spent my first mission climbing all over the trees and terrain searching for flowers so it was a let down finding out about the three plants and the day/night cycle.

Ketch

Lvl 9 is why. Although, with the Paris, I've been one shotting everything from lvl 1 to lvl 30 with headshots. Yesterday in T3 Capture I hit a heavy grineer in the head for 4.6k. Maybe the Cernos is not as good, but you also can't really headshot corpus crew man so maybe it's because you're fighting corpus. I don't know.

You can also play banshee and snipe dudes in the weakspots, works for me =)

A little off tangent, but I've been sitting here for weeks now designing my own Warframe, that I will post eventually on the official forums (and here), with the hopes DE will take notice, and help me put it in the game. lol

They actually pay close attention to what is happening on the forums from what I've been seeing.

Just being overly hopeful, though. lol

Oh cool! I look forward to it! You also reminded me I need to whip up something for the melee weapon contest! Ahhhhh!

You'd have to ask Nox in clan about bows :p

I have 11 void keys, never used one, too afraid to do it alone. Maybe some people from the clan would like to go there with me ?

I'm sure if you're on at the right time, people will join you!

Lvl 9 is why. Although, with the Paris, I've been one shotting everything from lvl 1 to lvl 30 with headshots. Yesterday in T3 Capture I hit a heavy grineer in the head for 4.6k. Maybe the Cernos is not as good, but you also can't really headshot corpus crew man so maybe it's because you're fighting corpus. I don't know.

You can also play banshee and snipe dudes in the weakspots, works for me =)
Yeah it's weird. Almost all it's damage is impact (impact=90 phys=5 slsh=5), but it still takes multiple arrows to drain shields, which wouldn't be so bad if the fire rate was so slow or accuracy wasn't so important. I'll need to try the Paris and see if it's any more fun.

Raide

Anyone know where I can get the Trinity armour set from? I currently only have the helm but not sure if I just randomly got it. :D

Armaros

Thank ye! Is that mainly from the boss or anywhere in Phobos?

I usually play healer classes in most games and Trinity is the one I will probably get first. :D Should be on later if anyone is around and fancies doing some bits.

Its from the Dual Boss stage on Iliad.

Ketch

What are the best weapons and what is the best sentinel?

There's not really a "Best weapon" per se, but there are a couple really good ones. These are all from my personal experience, I'm sure their are more that other people would recommend.

Melee:
Galatine - Heavy melee, probably highest charge damage of any melee. Heman sword
Orthos / Orthos Prime - Damage of a heavy melee with the speed of a light melee
Dual Kamas, Ichors, Zorens, Fang Primes - light, fast attack, dual wield melee weapons that are worth their weight in credits.

Primaries:
Penta - current FOTM OP BS
Braton - the best 25k credits you'll ever spend
Boltor - really good medium range assault rifle, shoots needles!
Gorgon & Dura - my two personal favorites, although their blueprints aren't easily gotten.
Paris/Paris prime - bows are fun, I think paris is probably the best one.

Secondaries:
Kunais/Despair/Hikou - The throwing weapons are all really good, and all slightly different. The Despair are really hard to get, but the other two can be bought from the market.
Lex / Magnum - good heavy calibur, slow firing, lots of damage pistols. think dirty harry
Sicarus - Burst fire, decent damage, I like it... although it's probably not that great.

Sentinels:
Probably carrier or deathcube.... Try deathcube first because once you start using carrier you'll never be able to go back

Raide

Cernos is fun to play with. Bow and arrow just feels really cool, especially if you get the headshot. I just wish it had a touch more zoom on it. Maybe I should get a sniper as well. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom