• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naite

Is the Focus Energy mod supposed to be really rare or am I horribly unlucky? The wiki says it has a 9.484% drop rate, but I've gotten multiple of every other nightmare mod besides Blaze and Hammer Shot, but not a single Focus Energy.

So, did anyone get to 100 points in Cicero Crisis? And if yes, was that difficult?

Struggling with the RNG. Have been grinding the mission for ages but haven't been able to find the plants needed to score 100 points. Has anyone had better luck? I'd love some help, this is my first event.

Iku-Turso

Just keep doing it unfortunately, I've struggled to find a Sunlight jadeleaf for hours, and then yesterday I found two in a row

Struggling with the RNG. Have been grinding the mission for ages but haven't been able to find the plants needed to score 100 points. Has anyone had better luck? I'd love some help, this is my first event.

Just redo the beginning of the mission (Just the small pool at the beginning... ignore everything that isnt water. Jadeleafs => in the water). If you find jadeleaf : just complete the mission. If you find something else : cancel the mission.

Jadeleaf is the only one that is rare. But with 2 people having their online options to Invite only you could have one in 5 minutes (If one of the 2 has those jadeleafs at the beginning just invite the other one so he can scan those too... than complete the mission).

I want in the clan but not without my gf who isnt on neogaf :/

So, did anyone get to 100 points in Cicero Crisis? And if yes, was that difficult?

I had a good run. 70%. But we failed because those enemies get harder and harder (Level 25-30 at the end) and we had some low-levels in the team. Lost a vermillion antidot because of that.

Ketch

dark_inferno3
icebotx22k9

Thanks

Invites sent.

---

The layout we had for our 100% antitoxin defense played a huge part in making it as easy as it was. The extractor was on a raised structure in the center of a basin with two whole bridges and one broken bridge where the enemies were coming from. So we had the high ground the entire time pretty much and all the grineer were forced down those narrow bridges. There was also no cover on the bridges so they were forced to either stand on the other side and let us kill them, or try to run across the bridges and let us kill them. And then of course anyone down in the basin couldn't hit the extractor and made for easy sniping from above anyway.

It was waaaaay easier then the other layout I've seen which is a the extractor inside a building, where grineer can come from pretty much any direction, and by the time they show themselves they're already in range to shoot the extractor. Not to mention the big ass hole in the floor where guys can either pop out or you can fall into that's just makes things even worse.

Iku-Turso

The layout we had for our 100% antitoxin defense played a huge part in making it as easy as it was. The extractor was on a raised structure in the center of a basin with two whole bridges and one broken bridge where the enemies were coming from. So we had the high ground the entire time pretty much and all the grineer were forced down those narrow bridges. There was also no cover on the bridges so they were forced to either stand on the other side and let us kill them, or try to run across the bridges and let us kill them. And then of course anyone down in the basin couldn't hit the extractor and made for easy sniping from above anyway.

It was waaaaay easier then the other layout I've seen which is a the extractor inside a building, where grineer can come from pretty much any direction, and by the time they show themselves they're already in range to shoot the extractor. Not to mention the big ass hole in the floor where guys can either pop out or you can fall into that's just makes things even worse.

Oy yeah I see which is the one inside the building, probably not easy to defend there. So reloading the level until we have a good layout could be a good idea...

Grim Technique

Neo Member
Internet was out for three days (thanks Comcast), so I was late to the Cicero party. Girlfriend was nice enough to snag me me a warframe gift card as an early Xmas present, so I made up all the time I lost and some. Made some runs earlier today, and scrounged up enough to make a Vermillion pot (100%). If anyone would like to join me, just shoot me a PM, or contact me through Steam or Warframe. I'm free for the rest of the weekend.

For anyone struggling to find jadeleaf and dragonlily, just keep aborting the mission until you find some in the starting area where you spawn. When you do find some, I'd just say it'd be quicker to just blaze through the extermination portion of the mission to quickly repeat.

So far, I've dropped in one run that went to 25%. We fought outside (I don't recommend fighting indoors). Enemies didn't seem to get more difficult with time (they hover around levels 14-16) but there was just a lot of them, so I started running low on ammo and had to resort to melee and my cc abilities (Nyx w/ Wyrm). I covered one tunnel where there was just about dozens of them just loitering around while they let me take potshots at them, or use Chaos on them every once in a while for the lulz. Only thing that was giving me problems were the Hellion's rocket attacks when I was being careless.

Steam: Grim Technique
Warframe: Chisato

Edit: Finally did a 100% run with a fellow gaffer. I was so wrong, lol. Enemies do scale with time until they max out near 100%. I'm still a noob, so I could only provide cc towards the end. Enjoyed myself though, nice to do something with the clan.

sophora

What are tower keys? I seem to have a few gold keys in my inventory. What do they yield?

Tower Keys give you access to the Orokin Towers which are full of enemies from the three factions and are usually harder. Usually they give the Prime versions of weapons and warframes which usually have polarities built in or are better in stats compared to their regular versions.

Raide

Tried Tower Exterminate 1, could only kill a few of them before running out of ammo/getting shot in the face, Not ready to solo those bad-boys just yet. :D

Oy yeah I see which is the one inside the building, probably not easy to defend there. So reloading the level until we have a good layout could be a good idea...
Pretty sure you only get the building version in the day and the bridge one at night. At least that's been my experience.

Iku-Turso

So we did a 100% run yesterday with people from the clan, it wasn't as difficult as I expected, we had a frost in the team which made things far easier. The extractor was inside the building but it was quite easy after all.
Finally done with that event -_-

Ketch

Messed around a little bit with oberon.

I'm wondering how power duration effects healing (or damage) over time effects. I know that on trinity, when you mod for power duration her energy vampire pulses for less energy each pulse, but it evens out because there's more pulses since the spell lasts longer. But what if you reduced power duration?

Narrow minded (I think) increases power efficiency but reduces power duration... so if you reduced power duration on Oberon's heal over time, it wouldn't last as long... but maybe then each pulse would have to heal for more? I mean you're not reducing power strength, so it would have to heal for the same amount, but the effect doesn't last as long, so it has to deliver the healing faster.... right? Sounds like it could use some testing.

Raide

Sometimes the lag in the game is maddening. I felt like I am just running through the level, hovering up items and then I get to the extraction. :D

I need to get this Even thing done as well. Solo'd a bit to collect some stuff but I have no idea how much of the plants I need or what I do with them.

Iku-Turso

I need to get this Even thing done as well. Solo'd a bit to collect some stuff but I have no idea how much of the plants I need or what I do with them.

Go to the Market and buy a "Vermillion antitoxin blueprint", you just need this one to get the 100 points. Then go to the foundry and see what how many flowers you need to forge it.

Once you forged it, put it in your equipment (same place as scanner and healing items), go to the Cicero event and put the antitoxin in the extractor.

Because it's a defense mission you'll need to protect the extractor while the antitoxin is being processed, so take some people from the clan with you. A frost in the team is highly advised.

It's really easy with a good team.

Hyun Sai

Well well, I'll start farming Frost seriously.

Void Exterminate VS Lech Krill, Frost Prime VS Classic Frost.

So far, it's an ex aequo status, with tons of Helmets on both parts.

Let's see who wins this ! Make your bet !

Just made a Vermillion antitoxin. Anyone care to join me for the defense mission thing soon? Get our 100pts and stick a fork in this "event".

Edit: Going to postpone my run to tomorrow, so tired tonight.

hoggert

I can help out once I get out of work. Hopefully, no more of the "failed to join session" errors that came with the 11.5.3 patch for me.

I think Chisato was looking to do a 100 run too.

EdmondD

Just made a Vermillion antitoxin. Anyone care to join me for the defense mission thing soon? Get our 100pts and stick a fork in this "event".

Yeah, I will join you if I'm available at the time. I need the 100 points. Not a big fan of this event to be honest just would like to be done with it. I really like that forest level though.

Hyun Sai

Well, that was quick. Already got all the Frost parts from around 10 Lech Krills runs.

Too bad for the Prime ! At least I got all the Dakra Prime parts from those runs ^^

I'll be up for the defense is I'm stil at home by the time you do it.

MightyKAC

Vauban helm alert up.

WOOOT!!!! HELMET GET!!!!!

Just read your message and took a quick "Emergency" break from work to pick it up. This was the last piece I needed, As soon as the helmet's done Vauban is gonna be my next frame in the oven.

Thanks a TON for the heads up, best Xmas gift EVAR !!!!

Wyok

Neo Member
In game name: Wyok

Looking forward to playing with some groups. all my friends play on ps4, so i'm all alone

hoggert

Is the Dera any fun? Supra is next on my list, but thinking ahead.

And would love DE to make a range mod for primaries. Switching between the Soma and the Synapse can occasionally be frustrating. Loving them crits thou.

In game name: Wyok

Looking forward to playing with some groups. all my friends play on ps4, so i'm all alone
Invite sent!

Trinity Cooking now! Looking forward to seeing how Warframe does a healer class.
Healing consists of hitting 4 repeatedly :p
Trinity also has a super secret hidden ability.

And would love DE to make a range mod for primaries. Switching between the Soma and the Synapse can occasionally be frustrating. Loving them crits thou.

Volt's shield

Let me know when you plan on doing this run. Need to get this event over with lol.

Yeah, I will join you if I'm available at the time. I need the 100 points. Not a big fan of this event to be honest just would like to be done with it. I really like that forest level though.

'll be up for the defense is I'm stil at home by the time you do it.

I'll help out, I want to get 100 pts too. Are you in the GAF clan?
I'm Saav

Let me know when you plan on doing this run. Need to get this event over with lol.

How about 7 or 8pm tonight, EST? Would have to be first come first serve though as I only have one antitoxin...

I don't play Warframe, but I was wondering if nyone here have any experience trying to trade/sell Warframe ingame store currency codes? Is it worth it to try, or would I be better off just giving it away? I ask because it's a fairly substantial amount ($25) but I don't know how long I want to hold onto the thing to try and get something for it or just give it away.

Ketch

I don't play Warframe, but I was wondering if nyone here have any experience trying to trade/sell Warframe ingame store currency codes? Is it worth it to try, or would I be better off just giving it away? I ask because it's a fairly substantial amount ($25) but I don't know how long I want to hold onto the thing to try and get something for it or just give it away.

Well it is Christmas. You could give it to Saav or metalshade and make them promise to use it as a prize for some guild event or something....

Otherwise, I don't know... is it a steam code or something? You could try the buy/sell/trade thread on this forum, or the trade chat in game... but I feel like any dealings in game could be moderated and then you'd loose the code, that would suck.

Dreavus

Popped in for some missions after building my new computer. This game can look very pretty! I really like the new mission types where you side with a faction. Entering a huge chamber to a big firefight is awesome.

I am having trouble figuring out the new event. I've done the event mission a few times, and we find the big toxic machines, but then nothing seems to happen - kill the rest of the enemies and leave. Is there a guide for the "antidotes" you can craft and how to use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom